• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Runs great so far on ps3 its just it keeps randomely almost freezing due to the plopsty autosaves it does it on big main quests and when you travel back to skyrim or soltheim no matter what the settings are it keeps autosaving? how do i turn this stupid plops off its like dragonborn is overriding the settings or something starting to piss me off i hate autosaves crashes my plops. hasnt froze yet but it will if this keeps going on, no matter how much times i set it off it autosaves

no info? stupid auto save is just destined to ruin my ps3? just froze for the first time because of it was acting fine until the autoave too.. i freaking hate this man

Please someone help its crashing the plops outta of my ps3 everytime i go to skyrim it just autosaves and fraks it all up. the autosave locks it up i restart the ps3 and the autosave saves it but it freezes really pissing me off. Dragonborn runs FINE until i travel to skyrim and it autodaves which then it usually freezes for a min then goes again but just today it froze twice (not complaining first freeze since i got the dlc). but i can tell its just the autosave. and also does anyone know if this damages the ps3? im sure it doesnt. all autosaves are off dragonborn seems to not give a crap lol. if no one can help me i aint going back to skyrim on this char until its fixed.

Clau

The Fateless One
Autosave happens automatically when you arrive in Solstheim and Windhelm docks. Sames goes when you read any of Hermaeus Mora's book and you get transported to his realm and when you read them to go back to Solstheim.

As a fellow PS3 gamer, here is what I do to avoid the game freezing:

1. When I arrive in Solstheim, I let the autosave finish by letting my character idle. No entering houses and no dialogues. My game crashed when I entered the temple.

2. Save first before reading the black books. When you read the black books of Hermaeus Mora, stay idle and don't jump into the action right away. Combat has a tendency of freezing your game when the autosave has yet to finish.

3. Occasionally DELETE autosaves in the PS3's XMB scrren after you save your game. Accumulated saves slows down the game to the point of freezing.

4. Never attempt to save while the game is autosaving.

5. Finally, here is the bug that I have had much trouble: Overwriting an existing save file. Imagine my frustration when the game freezes when the save progress is at around 99%. So I make sure I save a new game file and never overwrite.

I hope those helps....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts