dragon scales and dragon bones

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mcsquared

I eliminated a couple of dragons but am left with their scales and bones. These items greatly increase my weight carrying and as a result I wonder what they can be used or sold for and where? Any help would be very appreciated.

Daveyjay1984

I may be wrong but I think you can make dragonscale armour which I would assume is made with the scales and is light armour.

Believe there is also dragonplate which is maybe made from bones. It is heavy.

Benjamin

You can also sell them at a general trader. I sold mine in Whiterun just across from the bar in the lower district.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
you can sell them at general stores (scale sign) and alchemy shops in many of the major cities.

Ryan Veatch

You can sell them for quit a bit of gold. But what I just got doing with them was making my Dragonscale armor, and I'm so glad I did. Only have to put 5 points into smithing, get it to 100 and you have,(Check me if I'm wrong) but the best armor in the game. You only need the scales for Dragonscale armor, but you need both the bones and the scales for the Dragonplate armor. You also need them to Improve them to Legendary items after you make them. Hope this answers your question :)

how many does it take (scales & bones) to fully make that lefiondary dragonscale armour? (just so i save some).
also what the best/quickest way to get smithing to 100. how long would you play to go from 20 - 100? would it be to just pay to upgrade?

Lilfish43

I would keep them and wait to level up your Smithing to 100 then make the Dragon Armor its worth it

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
As mentioned above, their main use is creating Heavy/Light Dragon armour.

What isn't mentioned above however is that Daedra heavy armour is superior to the Dragonbone armour in defense.

If you are a heavy armour user, I would urge you to seriously consider not wasting a perk point on Dragon Armour.

Mehrunes Dagon

how many does it take (scales & bones) to fully make that lefiondary dragonscale armour? (just so i save some).
also what the best/quickest way to get smithing to 100. how long would you play to go from 20 - 100? would it be to just pay to upgrade?

Personally I bought a crap ton of iron ingots and leather strips and just made a crap ton of iron daggers as they only take one iron ingot and one leather strip so from 20-100 took maybe two hours of making daggers and I believe like 300 of them to be exact. But well worth it as I have full dragonplate armor from head to toe including the shield all upgraded to legendary.

Mehrunes Dagon

As mentioned above, their main use is creating Heavy/Light Dragon armour.

What isn't mentioned above however is that Daedra heavy armour is superior to the Dragonbone armour in defense.

If you are a heavy armour user, I would urge you to seriously consider not wasting a perk point on Dragon Armour.

Yes but you need a daedra heart to make one piece of daedric armor and they are extremely rare/hard to find in skyrim in 36 hours of gameplay and over 50 dungeons cleared plus main quest beaten I have yet to come across one daedra heart

A5ko

Yes but you need a daedra heart to make one piece of daedric armor and they are extremely rare/hard to find in skyrim in 36 hours of gameplay and over 50 dungeons cleared plus main quest beaten I have yet to come across one daedra heart

You can buy two Daedra hearts from an elf in the College of Winterhold every 48 hours or so. There are also two Daedra hearts in Whiterun and at level 32 I have 7 sitting in my Whiterun house from various dungeons.

You may be able to craft Dragon Armour quicker, but at the cost of a perk point why not just wait for the hearts?

Mehrunes Dagon

You can buy two Daedra hearts from an elf in the College of Winterhold every 48 hours or so. There are also two Daedra hearts in Whiterun and at level 32 I have 7 sitting in my Whiterun house from various dungeons.

You may be able to craft Dragon Armour quicker, but at the cost of a perk point why not just wait for the hearts?

I like the look of dragon over daedric but I had no clue about buying hearts from someone in the college might go check that out cause all I need is to forge a daedric sword and upgrade it to be all set. As for dungeons I must have missed a chest or something somewhere cause out of the creatures/necros/mages I havent looted any.

A5ko

I like the look of dragon over daedric but I had no clue about buying hearts from someone in the college might go check that out cause all I need is to forge a daedric sword and upgrade it to be all set. As for dungeons I must have missed a chest or something somewhere cause out of the creatures/necros/mages I havent looted any.

The Elf (Enthir) is in the Halls of Attainment on the second floor. He claims he is in the business of selling items that are not strictly legal.

nicholashitt

The Elf (Enthir) is in the Halls of Attainment on the second floor. He claims he is in the business of selling items that are not strictly legal.
I guess the question really is, Heavy or Light Armour? That should dictate where you put those skill points.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
well from all the levels i gained from leveling my smithing to 100 i ended up with a couple perks left over. and in my opinion dragonplate is better looking than deadric IMO

A5ko

I guess the question really is, Heavy or Light Armour? That should dictate where you put those skill points.

Indeed, for Light Armour Dragon Scale is right up there with another named item you can get as the best available armours.

However, Light Armour users may still want to take Daedric Smithing for the ability to craft the best weapons in the game (Daedric Legendary's), seeing as Dragon Armour crafting offers no craftable weapons.

As mentioned, it is not the same story for heavy armour.

brandon

another way to increase your smithing is kill as many deer, elk, sabre cats, wolves and bears and save the hides. go to a blacksmith shop use the tanner and the make all the leather vembraces you can. it takes longer but you increase your weopons and armour as well

ugh lame! i use heavy armor and now i find out theres no point in getting dragonscale! i think my character might have a break down after i finish the civil war and turn to sneak, pickpocket and assassination for a while. so i can still use the light haha.

brandon

now even though deadric might be stronger then heavy dragon it also weighs about twenty pounds more and from what i could find through google is its only 1 or 2 points stronger then dragonebone. but thats base for both not counting enchantments or perks

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts