• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jimmyjim

Just got full dragon armour with armour rating of circa 330, but I die just as easily as if I wasn't wearing any!!! Does armour actually give any extra protection or is it just for show??? Thx

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
+1 to this whole thread.

On topic, I prefer Daedric, but that's just my opinion. Any armor can hit the cap, though Daedric does it with the least effort, followed by Dragon Plate. Something about the Dragon Plate that I just didn't like, but it's lesser equal so-to-speak looks alright.

Titanburner

Premium Member
Just got full dragon armour with armour rating of circa 330, but I die just as easily as if I wasn't wearing any!!! Does armour actually give any extra protection or is it just for show??? Thx
Do you have any other defenses? (Resto, Block)? If there's one thing that Champions Online taught me (I know, I know totally different game) it's always have plenty of defense. Being a superpowered destroyer of the world does no good if you faceplant when a bandit trips you...lol

jimmyjim

Titanburner - been using mace/shield all the time so think I have decent block level. I died easily when fighting a frost dragon, so maybe it was due to the fact it was blasting me with frost rather than whacking me with a blade

Titanburner

Premium Member
Titanburner - been using mace/shield all the time so think I have decent block level. I died easily when fighting a frost dragon, so maybe it was due to the fact it was blasting me with frost rather than whacking me with a blade

I can see that posing a problem vs other mobs. That frost breath is going to tear down your speed considerably. Probably going to haft to readjust your tactics vs frost dragons.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
what i do is dragonplate armor and the rest deadric. looks pretty bad ass if you ask me haha

jimmyjim

Tba420moose - where do you get deadric hearts from?? Don't think iv even met a deadric yet! Lol. Must admit they don't sound like the friendliest folk

Mehrunes Dagon

I literally just made my full daedric set all upgraded to legendary and went from dragonplate to the daedric and I must say I am liking the daedric alot more then the dragonplate.

Mehrunes Dagon

Tba420moose - where do you get deadric hearts from?? Don't think iv even met a deadric yet! Lol. Must admit they don't sound like the friendliest folk

Find Elthinir something like that in the hall of attainment second floor in his quarters and sells two then just wait 48 hrs and buy two more till you have the desired amount of hearts but he sells them for 836 a piece.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
not sure at what level but alchemy shops sometimes have one or two

Kasha

I like the ebony armor best of all, but if i had a choice it would daedric, i find the dragon plate just sooo ugly.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Ya the ebony armor looks the coolest but I had around 550 armor rating with that and now my armor rating is 753 with Daedric. I used a 50% blacksmith potion when I upgraded the Daedric to legendary. I still look like I'm going to smash faces but its not as sleek as the ebony. It shall hang proudly on my mannaquin.

Kasha

I dont care im more about looks, not points ebony armor is good, and i have magic, so i can still care of my self.

8septimsapint

dragon stuff is immensly dissapointing , no weps ? WTF . i ran a 2H heavy warr up to 100 2h and heavy gear (legendary) deadric looks cool as f..k and im invinsible so im not wearing plopsty looking dragon stuff

Starr

I just Hit level 60 today and have experimented with all the armors. It is true that Daedric has the highest armor values but only slightly higher than Dragon PLATE. Daedric weighs the most as well. Dragon Plate weighs a little less. I am currently wearing Dragon SCALE, the light armor, and love it for several reasons.
1. You can sneak very easily in it - the heavy armors cause them to hear you much easier.
2. Its armor value is the highest for light armor - mine is currently 1100ish in the scale and my light armor skills are only half trained. I have max enchanting/smithing on every piece. Used a 98% greater smithing potion + 4 pieces of +25% smithing gear all of which i made. My Daedric Mace hits for 634 normal damage with its maxed stats too - lol. multiply that by 6 with the sneak bonus when needed.
3. Dragon bones/scale are very easy to get. i have slain 40+ dragons already - they are like rats.

Daedra Hearts can be bought from potion shops for cheap - just use your haggle potions/ haggle neck/ quest mask to drop the prices. I get mine for 330ish. Just go to the 18 or so various potion shops in the game to find one.

zane2453

The Bill Gates of Skyrim
Its the truth. Daedric armor is slightly better than dragonplate armor, and IMO, looks cooler too :)

If you are going heavy, full Daedric armor / weapons in terms of crafted.

If you are going light, full Dragonscale armor with Daedric weapons (in other words, you should perk out smithing going the HEAVY armor path if you are into Min/Maxing. Also it should be noted that the only armor you can't pick up from vendors is Daedric and Dragon(scale/plate). This is from the book.

To expand even further, Dragonplate is -2 in each piece in comparison to Daedric.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
I'm going to go with dragonplate rather than deadric purely for aesthetic/rpg/novelty value. It's an awesome looking set that they have made, I tend to RP whether or not it has any actual affect on the game, and they've never had it before. Deadric however has always been a part of TES. To top that off i feel that I'm fully capable of taking care of myself despite the minor loss of armor points.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts