Down with Talos the fake god.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Probably the main issue Thalmor have with Talos is we made him the Ninth Divine and the greatest of the Ninth, yet the Eight divines were actually very much Aldmeri influenced, with a throw of Nordic. So I guess to them you're adding a new God to their religion and making him the greatest of them all. Now considering elves do live for a very long time, one in Morrowind was apparently 4000 years old. Now you're telling the elves "Okay we got a new god, you're older than him, you probably met him before and he is also now greater than the other Eight Divines" No wonder they call you a heretic.

XJaeX

Ghost
Talos or Thalmor?
Stormcloak or Imperial?

Irrelevant questions.

Thalmor.. I slaughtered your Embassy and feed on your Justicars daily.
Imperials.. I have claimed your Emperor and your General.

Time, Weather and Dragons obey me. We Immortals are the true power.

Skyrim belongs to the Nords, leave while you can.

As for Talos..

Sithis and Lady Nocturnal guide my hand.

I am a Shadow, a Silent Killer and a Master of Deception. Please, remain CALM.

Khaine

Hector Ciril (Baal), The Imperial Vampire
I believe you just answered his question by negating it. YES, the Chimer folk you mentioned were considered deities, but that one key component is what ties them together. Through Lorkhan's Heart they were able to attain a state of divinity. Though as numerous as their accomplishments might have been, the heart is what granted them this, and solely that.

So, care to tell me how Talos fits into all of this? He traveled alongside the Numidium for quite a while, but there was still no form of evidence he gained divinity from it. The individuals you brought up were in fact documented to have gained divinity. In the case of Tiber Septim... not so much. Many saints and noteworthy people have shrines dedicated to them which prove to have some form of effect. Accolades they accomplished in their lifetimes drew their bond with the Eight closer, they didn't actually become one.

If not by mantling Lorkhan, is there any other way for Septim to have ascended up into godhood? As I stated, personal achievements alone wouldn't qualify one to become a god like some Divine promotion. So while I'm at it, I'll also worship the next adventurer I see. Both he and Talos are bound to have an amazing track record, and the same amount of divinity. Zero.

And our dirty fetchery has nothing to do with the subpar Shrine of Talos :rolleyes:

Shezzar. Talos, Ysgramor, Pelinal, Arcturus. Shezzarine holds and binds what Lorkhan's heart gives and takes. Bend one hand and understand, Numidium housed no heart of Lorkhan and yet it housed a soul of Lorkhan, a soul fragment of Shezzar. The Shezzarine are Lorkhan Incarnate and as such hold onto their divinity. This is further proves Talos is Shezzarine due to his shrine being usable to attain a blessing. Because of this, coupled with his Mantling of Lorkhan, he is both Shezzar and Talos as Shezzar is now Talos as much as Talos is Shezzar. Well, a greater part of the missing whole, the moons (The Void Nights) removed from the sky and returned with the banishment of his worship. From this came the end of the moons as Talos and Lorkhan became one, his flesh bound in orbit returned to divinity in it's truest state with the fall of the towers Orichalc, Brass (Which by the logic of time-travel is no longer until the 5th Era), Red, White Gold, Crystal and green-sap.

Orichalc let Lorkhan bleed his soul into men and make Shezzarine, Red (first time) Allowed the presence of time to distort(Dragon-Break), which was further distorted by the destruction of the Mantella, Red (Second time) Freed the Binding of Lorkhan's Spirit, White Gold Prevented his ability to manifest in Talos, Crystal prevented his partial-binding to Talos and Green-Sap prevented his complete binding to Talos. Now the Heart of the Mountain shall be sundered and the land is already king-less. What remains? Stone, Snow and, only in the future, Brass.

Though based on all of this, it would be safer (for you anyway) to assume that your plotting of the Destruction of the last two(three) towers will spell the doom and utter end of Men and Mortality, the latter of which I cease to posses. Of course, I am no mortal, thus such things are beyond my cares. And soon I shall ascend from being a vampire, a being tangled between Dark, Spiritual Ascendance and Physical Mortality(the capability of death eternal) to the ranks of the Daedra. Better to live a Daedroth than to live as a pet of the Aedra. Yes, I pay homage to the Aedra (This includes the, "Doom Drum," as your people call Shezzar), my life is not for their hands to play with. You'd do well to remember such things, little Elf, as you are but a toy to such beings and will forever be such with your continued service to them.

But I digress, care for a bit of Bosmer Roast? Perhaps Stuffed Khajiit? Maybe Argonian Bloodwine, my style? Toasted Orsimer Legs? Boiled Imperial Eyes? Real Breton Stew? Nordic Toe-sicles? Spiced Redguard? Dunmer Jerky? Or How about my favorite, Altmer Brains? Though I would kill for a Dwemer, to eat, of course! Such a rare and exotic flavor is rather impossible to find, like Ayleid...or fresh Falmer. Yet I must say, Pure-blood Falmer Flesh was rather worth the wait.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
Shezzar. Talos, Ysgramor, Pelinal, Arcturus. Shezzarine holds and binds what Lorkhan's heart gives and takes. Bend one hand and understand, Numidium housed no heart of Lorkhan and yet it housed a soul of Lorkhan, a soul fragment of Shezzar. The Shezzarine are Lorkhan Incarnate and as such hold onto their divinity. This is further proves Talos is Shezzarine due to his shrine being usable to attain a blessing. Because of this, coupled with his Mantling of Lorkhan, he is both Shezzar and Talos as Shezzar is now Talos as much as Talos is Shezzar. Well, a greater part of the missing whole, the moons (The Void Nights) removed from the sky and returned with the banishment of his worship. From this came the end of the moons as Talos and Lorkhan became one, his flesh bound in orbit returned to divinity in it's truest state with the fall of the towers Orichalc, Brass (Which by the logic of time-travel is no longer until the 5th Era), Red, White Gold, Crystal and green-sap.

Orichalc let Lorkhan bleed his soul into men and make Shezzarine, Red (first time) Allowed the presence of time to distort(Dragon-Break), which was further distorted by the destruction of the Mantella, Red (Second time) Freed the Binding of Lorkhan's Spirit, White Gold Prevented his ability to manifest in Talos, Crystal prevented his partial-binding to Talos and Green-Sap prevented his complete binding to Talos. Now the Heart of the Mountain shall be sundered and the land is already king-less. What remains? Stone, Snow and, only in the future, Brass.

Though based on all of this, it would be safer (for you anyway) to assume that your plotting of the Destruction of the last two(three) towers will spell the doom and utter end of Men and Mortality, the latter of which I cease to posses. Of course, I am no mortal, thus such things are beyond my cares. And soon I shall ascend from being a vampire, a being tangled between Dark, Spiritual Ascendance and Physical Mortality(the capability of death eternal) to the ranks of the Daedra. Better to live a Daedroth than to live as a pet of the Aedra. Yes, I pay homage to the Aedra (This includes the, "Doom Drum," as your people call Shezzar), my life is not for their hands to play with. You'd do well to remember such things, little Elf, as you are but a toy to such beings and will forever be such with your continued service to them.

But I digress, care for a bit of Bosmer Roast? Perhaps Stuffed Khajiit? Maybe Argonian Bloodwine, my style? Toasted Orsimer Legs? Boiled Imperial Eyes? Real Breton Stew? Nordic Toe-sicles? Spiced Redguard? Dunmer Jerky? Or How about my favorite, Altmer Brains? Though I would kill for a Dwemer, to eat, of course! Such a rare and exotic flavor is rather impossible to find, like Ayleid...or fresh Falmer. Yet I must say, Pure-blood Falmer Flesh was rather worth the wait.
How about some vampire heart, yummy

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I'd retaliate at you for drinking Argonian blood, but a) I eat people all the time, especially Dunmer jerky, b) at least it's just blood, not flesh and c) it's slowly poisoning you.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?

Khaine

Is there such a thing as fake breton stew? Just a thought.
Seeing how the Stew is called Real Breton Stew to denote it really has Breton in it and has no link to Breton culture or cooking that is and should never be a question to be asked. Mortals... always lacking an understanding of Vampiric Cuisine.

Khaine

I'd retaliate at you for drinking Argonian blood, but a) I eat people all the time, especially Dunmer jerky, b) at least it's just blood, not flesh and c) it's slowly poisoning you.
Good thing I'm immune to poison then, huh? Gotta love being a Vampire. Dunmer Jerky is awesome, I also eat flesh, though not very often.

Ritterkreuz

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. I'd like to refer back to TES III: Morrowind. In that game a character named Wulf may be encountered by the player. It is later revealed that Wulf is not what he seems, but is in truth an aspect of Tiber Septim/Talos. This lend credence to the fact that he, in my opinion, is indeed a Divine in the Elder Scrolls universe.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
Anyways, back to the topic at hand. I'd like to refer back to TES III: Morrowind. In that game a character named Wulf may be encountered by the player. It is later revealed that Wulf is not what he seems, but is in truth an aspect of Tiber Septim/Talos. This lend credence to the fact that he, in my opinion, is indeed a Divine in the Elder Scrolls universe.
actually, he is either a liar, or talos is a daedra, because aedra are forbidden from having physical interaction within the world of tamriel

Ritterkreuz

Wow, you seem genuinely offended. They're all fictional beings after all. If the next DLC or TES game proves he's a divine great, if it proves he's not, I'm cool with that too.

Ritterkreuz

You need Blood of the divine in the Main quest of Oblivion. You're sent to retrieve Tiber's armor to get it.

So we have circumstantial evidence from Morrowind, and fairly convincing evidence from Oblivion. Sounds like a pretty solid case to me. At this point I would really say that the burdon of proof lies on those who do not think he is a Divine.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
So we have circumstantial evidence from Morrowind, and fairly convincing evidence from Oblivion. Sounds like a pretty solid case to me. At this point I would really say that the burdon of proof lies on those who do not think he is a Divine.

Many in Tamriel do not worship him though. The Nine Divines is a mixture of watered down Nordic gods and Aldmeri Gods. Many would prefer their old gods, Shor would probably have a good worship in Skyrim as would Kyne which is the widow of Shor and more war like, the trees near Kynesgrove (or Kyne's Grove) are thought to be sacred to her. Interesting note, I have noticed several what would appear those little nordic spirals on many things from armor of Nords, even with Giants who seem to carve them on the tusks of their mammoths, cows are painted with them as offerings. I think perhaps it could be some connection with Kyne/Kynareth as the spirals appear of Spriggans. Though I may be mistaken, I just keep noticing them everywhere.

979887-1321318037.jpg

cyberius

Dunmer politician and battlemage.
A man who supposedly ascended to godhood, blasphemy I say. All talos worshipers shall be punished accordingly for their belief in a false god. Who is with me to take this fight to the talos worshipers and the Nords? They believe they can so easily cast aside the White Gold Concordant we shall show them.
altmersoldiers.png

I know people arent going to like this lol:D
Arkay was a man.

cyberius

Dunmer politician and battlemage.
I belive the divines are false. They do nothing, while the daedra actually prove their existence.

The dominion wont like this, but I worship boethiah and azura and the tribunal.

But as im a dunmer, i also use dead relatives for protection. Just dunmer tradition and religion.

I dont believe Auri el either, so suck on that auriel priests.

Better lock my door, the ALTMERI dominion is gonna murder me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts