• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Can you kill anyone to get the Ebony Mail?

As far as I know, any follower. However I've never experimented with essential NPC's but I assume there are exceptions.

With my previous character, I tried a Dark Brotherhood initiate, and she wasn't for it. So I had to cut her loose and find someone else. I think I used the Riften housecarl.

Oh bummer. I didn't even realize followers could refuse. Wonder if I could get a Companion to go for it. I plan to slaughter them all anyway.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
With my previous character, I tried a Dark Brotherhood initiate, and she wasn't for it. So I had to cut her loose and find someone else. I think I used the Riften housecarl.

Oh bummer. I didn't even realize followers could refuse. Wonder if I could get a Companion to go for it. I plan to slaughter them all anyway.
The Dark Brotherhood Initiates are flagged as essential. No essential follower can be used for the quest. The same thing will happen if you try to use Mjoll.

LotusEater

The Dark Brotherhood Initiates are flagged as essential. No essential follower can be used for the quest. The same thing will happen if you try to use Mjoll.

I figured as much. I seem to remember using a Dawnguard slacker last time Lydia was unavailable.

Nighthiker77

I used Marcurio right about when I was playing with thralls. It let me sacrifice him and thrall him right after. Then I thralled the Champion of Boethiah, but he was hard to keep up with, even with the console.

Arlo Tarbox

As far as I know, any follower. However I've never experimented with essential NPC's but I assume there are exceptions.

It's ok, I took Lynda along to Labyrinthian and it took 30sec with the first troll to off her...kind of miss her at times. I finely picked up the house in Markarth and before I left, I made sure to check that the new boy was eating alright, the crunch of bread as I headed out the door..Think I killed him too ,last time

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Lydia not only makes a terrible follower, but she also makes a bad wife... She cooked me dinner once, and that was it.
That's one more time than you cooked her dinner. You're a worse husband. :p

LotusEater

Lydia not only makes a terrible follower, but she also makes a bad wife... She cooked me dinner once, and that was it.
That's one more time than you cooked her dinner. You're a worse husband. :p

Hey now... we can't be expected to bring home 100lbs of mammoth snout and cook it up. We're only Dragonborn.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I bring home the gold, and meats from a successful hunt. I think I did my fair share.
Typical male. Men work 'til setting sun but a woman's work is never done.

Lydia keeps telling me that she will carry my burden. She can at least live up to that reputation by serving me dinner.

She was never told to open up a vender in the open market. She did it to herself. I bring home enough gold for us to live off of... In fact were pretty damn wealthy.

She can at least cook me up a decent dinner every night. I'm not asking much... just a warm delicious meals. If shes unable to complete such task then perhaps I should take her up to my castle, and put her into a cage with the rest of the cattle.
jbczHs5yudDtSL.jpg

She would be quite useful then.

Slijkster

I'd kill J'zhargo. That way you don't have to worry about him stabbing you in the back all the time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts