• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shahmat2012

Just curious if he takes from your EXP? Sometimes he killes one solo...

Also do you get more exp on the harder settings? Thanks in advance...

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
You gain levels by the skills you use.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
your leveling is dependent on your skill leveling up. so in some sense, your companion is denying you the opportunity to level up your skill points since they go up through usage. But they are not directly steeling your experience.

Shahmat2012

your leveling is dependent on your skill leveling up. so in some sense, your companion is denying you the opportunity to level up your skill points since they go up through usage. But they are not directly steeling your experience.

Ah guess Ill stay out of town then and shoot my Horse over and over :)

CanisNoir

Sure, they take some of the XP away per fight, because every time they damage an enemy that's one less time you've used a skill. That said, however, there are more than enough dungeons, tombs, caves, shrines and other assorted locations with critters for you to swipe at, that I don't think it makes that much of a difference.

I'm a Stealth Archer and have Vorstag tagging along, I always get the first shot and what I don't kill straight out, he starts hacking at, and even then I still get in enough shots to raise my skills.

Note: He's a blood thirsty little git and really enjoys lobbing heads off with the new and upgraded Ebony Great Sword I just made for him :)

dragonborn---

"They Call Me, Dragonborn"
No they don't steal your EXP, you get EXP from the skills you use, like everyone has already said lol

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I like how fallacious this thread is.

sticky runes

well, you may miss out on upping some of your combat skills with your follower chopping enemies down, but there are plenty of skills that followers can't interfere with, such as lock picking, smithing, alchemy, enchanting, speech... you can also use protection spells when there are enemies around and you'll gain experience without actually defeating anything.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts