Does Mage Armor work while wearing morokei?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Psylo-Cibin

i just wanted to know if mage armor only works is not wearing any kind of armor like light boots or a mask. i have the mask of morokei on right now and i don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon as my enchanting isn't high enough to make an equally good hood or something. i have a feeling it won't work while wearing the light armor mask but i'll ask anyway

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
no it wont light armour is still armour if you want a higher armour rating use the alchemy exploit to enchant an item it still works

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
i just wanted to know if mage armor only works is not wearing any kind of armor like light boots or a mask. i have the mask of morokei on right now and i don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon as my enchanting isn't high enough to make an equally good hood or something. i have a feeling it won't work while wearing the light armor mask but i'll ask anyway

The ONLY items that have an armour rating but dont affect the mage armour spells is:

Amulet of articulation
Diadem of the savent
Fine armguards
General tulius armour
Miraaks boots
Saint juibs locket

Definetly not morokei or any other dragon priest mask unfortunately.

Amaryllis

There's mods for removing the armor on the Dragon Priest masks so it won't mess up your mage builds, though obviously that doesn't help for console players (which I assume you are).

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate

The ONLY items that have an armour rating but dont affect the mage armour spells is:

Amulet of articulation
Diadem of the savent
Fine armguards
General tulius armour
Miraaks boots
Saint juibs locket

Definetly not morokei or any other dragon priest mask unfortunately.

Of these items, I find the Amulet of Articulation, the Diadem of the Savant, and Miraak's Boots to be the most useful, and still have a decent armor rating as far as the list goes.