PS3 Does Dual flurry and Dual savagery apply to unarmed?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I was thinking after I beat the game I would replay the game on master difficulty. I think Ill go with an unarmed smith specializing in destruction magic once he gets further on.

So I need to know, do those two perks apply to unarmed?

Adam Warlock

All the various sites talk about the Fists of Steel perk in the Heavy Armor tree applying and Dual Flurry is said to work but not Dual Savagery
Commomly held view is that the max unarmed build is +14 each on gauntlets and ring (which is the fortify enchanting max on the spell from the Gloves of the Pugilist) , the Fists of Steel perk with Daedric Gauntlets , and the natural unarmed damage from the race of your character.
Max damage said to be @68 per punch with a Khajiit, somewhat less with an Argonian , and then everyone else.
But your question makes me wonder if the Elemental Fury dragon shout speeds up your punches the same as weapons ? The increased damage per second could make unarmed an even more viable alternative to weapons. Gonna have to try it out on my xbox at least.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Replaying on Master, from the beginning, using only Fists? Pretty sure you won't make it out of Helgen unless you let Ralof/Hadvar kill everything. If you do happen to make it out, the Bandits on your way to Riverwood will cut you down fairly easily.

Golgo_SPB

All the various sites talk about the Fists of Steel perk in the Heavy Armor tree applying and Dual Flurry is said to work but not Dual Savagery
Commomly held view is that the max unarmed build is +14 each on gauntlets and ring (which is the fortify enchanting max on the spell from the Gloves of the Pugilist) , the Fists of Steel perk with Daedric Gauntlets , and the natural unarmed damage from the race of your character.
Max damage said to be @68 per punch with a Khajiit, somewhat less with an Argonian , and then everyone else.
But your question makes me wonder if the Elemental Fury dragon shout speeds up your punches the same as weapons ? The increased damage per second could make unarmed an even more viable alternative to weapons. Gonna have to try it out on my xbox at least.
You can get a little more damage out of the fortify unarmed enchant if you're a vamp with necromage perk.

As for the Elemental Fury shout it wouldn't even shout since I needed a weapon and my character was unarmed. this is when the game first came out, not sure if any of the patches changed that.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Neither Dual Flurry nor Dual Savagery work on unarmed combat. The only perk that intentionally benefits unarmed combat is Fists of Steel. The Necromage perk is glitched so as Golgo_SPB noted it increases the effectiveness of all spells against the undead instead of just offensive ones and you can use it to improve the strength of Fortify Unarmed Damage enchantments.

You may find playing on Master Difficulty like that extremely frustrating until you can get an armor rating high enough to provide a lot of physical damage resistance because of the amount of hits you'll take before killing an enemy. If you want to try this I suggest you harvest as much cabbage, red apples, potatoes, leeks and salt piles to make lots of Apple Cabbage Stew and Cabbage Potato Soup until you can stock up on healing and stamina potions because the beatings you're going to take on Master difficulty settings are going to be brutal.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Neither Dual Flurry nor Dual Savagery work on unarmed combat. The only perk that intentionally benefits unarmed combat is Fists of Steel. The Necromage perk is glitched so as Golgo_SPB noted it increases the effectiveness of all spells against the undead instead of just offensive ones and you can use it to improve the strength of Fortify Unarmed Damage enchantments.
You may find playing on Master Difficulty like that extremely frustrating until you can get an armor rating high enough to provide a lot of physical damage resistance because of the amount of hits you'll take before killing an enemy. If you want to try this I suggest you harvest as much cabbage, red apples, potatoes, leeks and salt piles to make lots of Apple Cabbage Stew and Cabbage Potato Soup until you can stock up on healing and stamina potions because the beatings you're going to take on Master difficulty settings are going to be brutal.

Yes it does, it says both on UESP and Elder Scrolls Wikia.
Maybe not duel savagery but the first duel perks.
Replaying on Master, from the beginning, using only Fists? Pretty sure you won't make it out of Helgen unless you let Ralof/Hadvar kill everything. If you do happen to make it out, the Bandits on your way to Riverwood will cut you down fairly easily.
Unless he is a khajiit.

MushroomGenius

Unless he is a khajiit.

Khajiit or not, unarmed is really rough early on when you have zero perk points to spend on Master difficulty. Try it.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
I did, on master. My khajiit with 3 perks and gloves of pugilist can dish out major damage. Even at helgen I deal more damage than any other damage.

MushroomGenius

this isnt true at all. at the beginning of the game khajiit claws will do more damage than any one handed weapon youre going to find.

I'm aware of that, but you have no means to block and again, nothing invested into armor yet.

MushroomGenius

Use heavy armor and gloves of the pugilist.

Then you have to go Stormcloak early on since there is only Imperial Heavy Armor around. No Gloves of the Pugilist yet, you haven't even left Helgen!

I'll try it out myself tonight and see if my opinion sways at all.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Then you have to go Stormcloak early on since there is only Imperial Heavy Armor around. No Gloves of the Pugilist yet, you haven't even left Helgen!

I'll try it out myself tonight and see if my opinion sways at all.
Then go stormcloak. . .
After Helgen, there are plenty of bandits with iron armor. And if you kill uthgerd after brawling with her, you get steel plate armor.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Yes it does, it says both on UESP and Elder Scrolls Wikia.
Maybe not duel savagery but the first duel perks.
No it doesn't. The UESP article on One-handed skill has been corrected. The person who posted the misinformation was anonymous and provided no information to back up the assertion. It was subsequently tested and the article was corrected. For more information see the Archived discussion page for the On-handed article. I don't care what the Wikia site says. That source is filled with lots of misinformation. The bottom line is that the UESP site provides objective data to back up the information and the Wikia site does not.

Adam Warlock

thanks again dagmar. i too wondered about the claim on dual flurry since unarmed is not mentioned with it but i don`t have that perk so i couldn`t confirm. there is indeed a lot of misinfo out there. on your advice , i will assume usep to be a valid source

MushroomGenius

Will have to retract my above statement.

It is in fact, ridiculously easy as a Khajiit, playing on Master difficulty, going the Stormcloak route following Ralof, to get through Helgen unarmed. Even taking out the trio of bandits on the way to Riverwood was no problem. My only near death was charging into that room of Frostbite Spiders.

My first death occurred at the Standing Stones, when I tried to take a shortcut. Apparently even that is a little too high, and I broke my neck in my Heavy Armor. Well worth the lolz.

I used full Iron Armor, employed Sven as a follower (first time I've ever used him), and went off and cleared Embershard Mine with zero issues. After mining, I headed back to Riverwood to improve my gear, forgot there's no smelter. Hiked to Whiterun, but instead of going in, I went and took the carriage to Riften instead. Forgetting to smelt my Iron Ores again...

Once in Riften, headed directly for the Ratway, got killed by the two dudes inside the Ratway, reloaded and this time, waited for Sven. Cut them down easily with the two of us. Took down Gian the Fist, looted his gloves and called it a night.

ShadowMage

Article Writer

It is in fact, ridiculously easy as a Khajiit, playing on Master difficulty, going the Stormcloak route following Ralof, to get through Helgen unarmed. Even taking out the trio of bandits on the way to Riverwood was no problem. My only near death was charging into that room of Frostbite Spiders.

My first death occurred at the Standing Stones, when I tried to take a shortcut. Apparently even that is a little too high, and I broke my neck in my Heavy Armor. Well worth the lolz.

I used full Iron Armor, employed Sven as a follower (first time I've ever used him), and went off and cleared Embershard Mine with zero issues. After mining, I headed back to Riverwood to improve my gear, forgot there's no smelter. Hiked to Whiterun, but instead of going in, I went and took the carriage to Riften instead. Forgetting to smelt my Iron Ores again...

Once in Riften, headed directly for the Ratway, got killed by the two dudes inside the Ratway, reloaded and this time, waited for Sven. Cut them down easily with the two of us. Took down Gian the Fist, looted his gloves and called it a night.

Good you see as I do. :D