Does anyone else here despise the Battle-Borns?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Paws the Gryphon

The Only Gryphon Here
It always makes my blood boil whenever I see Olfrid or Idolaf prancing around Whiterun like they own the place. They have no regard whatsoever for the Greymanes and their lost son; and yet they claim they have struggles? Anyone else feel the same way about this puffed up, ignorant clan?

Katrin

Unrepentant Stormcloak Loyalist
I always have hated the Battle-Borns, for the exact same reason. I so wish I could kill Olfrid. Just the way he talks to Fralia makes me ill.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Yes. I loathe them, but am always nice to them and agree with them to their faces. It keeps Idolaf quiet and I need Olfrid for the TG. Regardless, I always help the Grey-Manes. Fralia is a bit whiny, I'll admit, but I love her husband.

I do lke the blond layabout that hangs out by Belethors and the chick that works the farm though. At least they ain't got attitude. :)

Paws the Gryphon

The Only Gryphon Here
I've tried assassinating Idolaf before, but there's always someone around that alerts the guards. So frustrating, really....

Daelon DuLac

I've tried assassinating Idolaf before, but there's always someone around that alerts the guards. So frustrating, really....
I don't want him dead. I just want him to stop complaining. You've got it made dude! Too bad my Ingin can't marry him. She'd whip him in to shape.

Paws the Gryphon

The Only Gryphon Here
Well, I always save before I attempt to assassinate the twat, but there is always SOMEONE, even with a level 67 sneak skill, that sees me (at night) and alerts the guards.... I want to get away without a bounty, mind you, cause I'm saving up for Proudspire Manor.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
They have no regard whatsoever for the Greymanes and their lost son

Actually...
Speech method: The quickest way is to pass a high level (75) persuasion check in dialogue with Idolaf Battle-Born. He'll tell you that the Gray-Manes are better off believing Thorald to be dead than knowing the truth. He looked into the situation since Thorald was once his friend, and found out that the Thalmor have him at Northwatch Keep... a place people don't ever come back from. The Legion told him to mind his own business after that, and he'll give you a copy of the missive as proof of his story
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Missing_In_Action

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Like any family/character with highly outspoken views on the war, I can't say I hate them. For every bad thing a Battle Born does that is bad is literally in that one quest. And saying you despise the whole clan seems a little blanketing. Is Jon really a bad person? Honestly he is one of the more respectable people in Skyrim in general. So and I wont lie if Vignar had the chance I have no doubt he would jump at the chance as well. Since the feud is basically a small Civil war

Paws the Gryphon

The Only Gryphon Here
I guess I should have stated that a little better. I actually like Jon; he's a nice guy, and he doesn't have the air of a pompous brat. Olfrid and Idolaf, on the other hand... I wouldn't have much of a thing against clan Battle-born if I hadn't met them first when I started playing Skyrim is all Im going to say....

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Like any family/character with highly outspoken views on the war, I can't say I hate them. For every bad thing a Battle Born does that is bad is literally in that one quest. And saying you despise the whole clan seems a little blanketing. Is Jon really a bad person? Honestly he is one of the more respectable people in Skyrim in general. So and I wont lie if Vignar had the chance I have no doubt he would jump at the chance as well. Since the feud is basically a small Civil war
I generally had negative feelings towards most of the Battle-Borns, with the obvious exception of Jon. He was one of the only people in either of the clans that understood just how stupid both families were being. I respect that. Like most family rivalries, they may start out for a justified reason or disagreement, but ultimately break down quickly into general petty squabbling that should be below the behavior level of everyone involved.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I don't hate the Battle-Borns, they actually had the respect to say the Gray-Mane son died in battle. Which is the highest honor a Nord can have. Also that one of them tried to investigate the matter, because he clearly cared enough.

I always help the Grey-Manes.

Get-Out-Simon-Pegg-In-Hot-Fuzz-Gif.gif

Daelon DuLac

I don't hate the Battle-Borns, they actually had the respect to say the Gray-Mane son died in battle. Which is the highest honor a Nord can have. Also that one of them tried to investigate the matter, because he clearly cared enough.

I always help the Grey-Manes.

Get-Out-Simon-Pegg-In-Hot-Fuzz-Gif.gif
I don't hate them either. Like I said, it's just Idolaf and his father that get on my nerves (particularly with their wanderings). I like Jon and the blond chick. That kid needs a smack though... oh wait! Braith is taking care of that for me. :) (After all, all she wants is a kiss!).

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
When you first walk into Whiterun and what's-his-face pony boy asks me "Greymane or Battle-Born?" I always say Battle-born because then you can enter their house without it being considered trespassing and you can take whatever you want without getting in trouble. :D

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
actually I prefer the battleborns over the greymanes but then again I hate the stormcloaks and since I hate the stormcloaks I see their son as nothing but a traitor to the empire if the thalmor don't kill him I will.

Daelon DuLac

When you first walk into Whiterun and what's-his-face pony boy asks me "Greymane or Battle-Born?" I always say Battle-born because then you can enter their house without it being considered trespassing and you can take whatever you want without getting in trouble. :D
Even when you're breaking in to papa's bedroom and he walks in on you, a simple calm spell keeps him from bothering you about it. Sweet!

Daelon DuLac

actually I prefer the battleborns over the greymanes but then again I hate the stormcloaks and since I hate the stormcloaks I see their son as nothing but a traitor to the empire if the thalmor don't kill him I will.
OUCH! I'm no fan of the Stormcloaks either, but genocide of a political faction just isn't my style. Assassinating them and stealing their stuff for the fun of it? That I'll go for, but not wanton slaughter.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
OUCH! I'm no fan of the Stormcloaks either, but genocide of a political faction just isn't my style. Assassinating them and stealing their stuff for the fun of it? That I'll go for, but not wanton slaughter.
I play both sides of the same coin, if I'm a nord i play stormcloaks, if I'm an elf the Empire is where i go, my mage is a high elf so the storm cloaks hate me for 2 reasons now, 1 being an elf and 2 for using magic. Storm cloaks don't hate magic but they rather not use it alot, they seem to look down on it but just kind of ignore people who use it IMO.

Lucid

I don't despise them as a whole, but I hate Olfrid and Idolaf. I usually rescue Thorald, but can't claim unwavering fondness for the Greymane clan. Vignar in particular boils my blood, especially when I play a Stormcloak supporter (but that's a story of its own).

I appreciate that they gave the NPCs in both families just enough depth to have shades of grey in the feud.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts