Does anyone else have a hard time sticking to one character?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Forumate

I have made 6 characters so far and none of them have completed any of the quest lines.

My plan is to make three characters (A Mage, Warrior and a Thief) And have them each run a different quest line that suits there class. Thief's guild for the Thief companions guild for the warrior.

Barakuza

ive made about 10 characters, all stopped around lvl 30, my newest one a monk seems to be the funnest guy ive made yet, yet thats what i always think for the first 20 levels, lol

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
It's easier to stick with one character if you are writing a role-playing journal about it. I love my character so far and I can't imagine playing as another one for now.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah. I've been doing it since day 1. I got down to 20,000 words of journal. It keeps the game slow-paced for good amount of immersion. Your character naturally develops through quests and discoveries so you feel more invested in a character.

modi

I know exactly what you are talking about...I started with a Nord battlemage, however after about 10-15 hours, I started to notice that something just wasnt working with him. So I figured I would make a new guy. I decided to go on the complete other end of the spectrum and make an Argonian mage-sassin. It only took my about 5 hours to realize that this guy wassnt going to work either. Finally I made my berserking 2 hand wielding Orc, Kragorr. Don't get me wrong, I still have thoughts every now and then about making a new guy, however every time I make one, I realize how much more that I like my Orc. On the other hand, I have really been wanting to try a Dark Elf Mage Assassin type character, because to me that just seems completely awesome, however I have decided that I will wait until I am completely bored of my Orc, that way I wont have to worry about balancing time between two different characters. I even have the name picked out for my next character. It will be Atrix, the Dark Elf Mage Assassin.

Elvus

I've got 3...

Elvus the stealthy archer/swordsmen/alchemist
Ug'Lee the warrior orc who I'm going to replace soon because I took a lot of crappy perks. (first character)
Whoodini the pure mage.
I think my orc is going to be replaced soon because I want to make a 2-hander class soon.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I have only two characters and I was in a true quandry as to whether I should make the second one or not. Level 34 Female Imperial with AWESOME archery skills (and not much else) was fun for a while but one shot stealth kills got boring so I started a new Male Redguard (Level 3) who is setting about to legally craft Daedric Armor as fast as possible. (Yeah I could craft 600 daggers, but why play if you are just going to cheat, right?)

HaxAras

I Have Two Characters.
Name: Prisoner
Race: Argonian
Alignment: Evil Psychopath Doesn't begin To Cover It.
Level: 31
Guardian Stone: Warrior i Think
Factions/Guilds: Thieves Guild, Companions, (fluff The Thieves Guild I Just Needed A Fence.
Most used Skills: Heavy Armor, Two Handed Smithing, Lockpicking, Speechcraft, Pickpocket.
War Allegiance: Imperials
Misc: Werewolf

Name: ??
Race: Nord
Level: ??
Alignment: Has Her Own best Interests At Heart.
Guardian Stone: Mage
Factions/Guilds: College of Winterhold
Most used Skills: Destruction, Conjuration, One Handed, Heavy Armor, Smithing, Speechcraft, lockpicking, Pickpocketing
War Allegiance: Stormcloak

My Argonian Is A Two Handed Warrior
My Female Char Is A Battlemage Not A Jack Of All Trades. All My Characters Steal Everything Of Value. (I Do That On Every Game) I've Never Played A Full On Theif.

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
I'm really tempted to make a character where I just charge in and start pwnin some noobs(see
), but I realllyyy want to make an assassin/thief character. I've yet to get the game sadly, but I can't decide between a fist-using badass viking, a fluffin' tank with a shield, a big ass mofo with some huge two handed mace, or go in swords a blazin' dual-handed style with some heavy armor. Either those, or an assassin. Not sure yet.

Skyler

Name: Alesana
Race: Nord
Alignment: Good
Level: 22
Guardian Stone: Warrior
Factions/Guilds: Companions, College of Winterhold
Most used Skills: One-handed, Heavy Armor, Restoration, Enchanting, Smithing
War Allegiance: Imperial
Married to: Aela the Huntress (Yes I'm a lesbian lol)
Misc: Werewolf

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
NOOOOPE.
Made 1.
Grew too attached
Died
Died a little inside
Can't wait to play tomorrow to get REVENGE
A new day begins
Everyone on these forums knows my stories.

I have in-game dying OCD

dellfenian

Dovahkiin
i currently have three and i have the smae problem alot of you have and that is that i cant stick with one. everytime i make a new i begin to like it more than the last. i currently have three

1st Alumar, High Elf, Pure Mage, never gets played anymore

2nd Thadius the Frozen, Nord, Warrior, one handed blocking

3rd(and most fav so far) Skreev'jar, Khajit, Assassin

the furthest i have gone with any of them is Skreev'jar and he hasnt done anything towards main story line but has completed dark brotherhood

ill prob be making a new one here soon

Dimson

I am constantly wanting to try new hings and until they let me unlearn perks, I will keep making new characters. Right now I have like 4 but play 5 of them pretty regularly.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
I'm really tempted to make a character where I just charge in and start pwnin some noobs(see
), but I realllyyy want to make an assassin/thief character. I've yet to get the game sadly, but I can't decide between a fist-using badass viking, a fluffin' tank with a shield, a big ass mofo with some huge two handed mace, or go in swords a blazin' dual-handed style with some heavy armor. Either those, or an assassin. Not sure yet.

That is one of the most epic Skyrim videos I have ever seen!!!! LOL I love how he was punching in everyone's faces.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
Oh, sorry a bit off topic. I am like a kid in a candy shop with so many races and classes to try so I have created about 8 characters so far and have played most to level 20 or so, my highest being 37. I plan on picking 2 and doing a Good Character play through and an Evil Character play through to finish the game.

PaperTulip

I'm on 3 now. Brainsmashing (and flowering gathering) Orc, Hippie Wood Elf (who loves sneaking and archery) and a Breton FireMage. Each have their own personality and way of dealing with situations.

jtaber9259

I have only two characters and I was in a true quandry as to whether I should make the second one or not. Level 34 Female Imperial with AWESOME archery skills (and not much else) was fun for a while but one shot stealth kills got boring so I started a new Male Redguard (Level 3) who is setting about to legally craft Daedric Armor as fast as possible. (Yeah I could craft 600 daggers, but why play if you are just going to cheat, right?)
How is crafting 600 daggers cheating? Your still using up valuable time and resources crafting to raise your skill. Now using the bookshelf trick with the oghma infinium, that's cheating.

dellfenian

Dovahkiin
I am constantly wanting to try new hings and until they let me unlearn perks, I will keep making new characters. Right now I have like[bold] 4 but play 5 of them [/bold]pretty regularly.
you play 5 of your 4 characters? ..... must be from russia lol 140%