OOC Do you want to build a roleplaaaaay!?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Well, that's kind of difficult, in regards to the first question. I tend to keep the basic world and change everything else to fit whatever story I come up with, so those sorts of things are malleable enough so that I have a hard time tying them down. A lot of it is similar, I suppose, but mainly in regards to the time line, origins, history, racial relations, factions, and that sorts of stuff. They retain their core basics, however.

The four custom races are mainstays in my mind, if in name if nothing else. I intend to keep them, but some of them are drastically different, making some of them rather complicated as an option to a potential writer.

The environment is similar in premise, but recently I have reeled the time line WAAAY back. The flying city isn't yet constructed, the draconics are numerous and humanoid incarnations of them very anomalous. However the technology is still a mix of magic advancement. Things will be more improvised, but I prefer not to limit anyone's imagination. In that regard, if you really want it, magic can make it work somehow.

I have absolutely zero complaints if you want to create anything to add to this world, be it a race or anything else.

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Just give me the info i need to make my character, damn you. We could start as a one-on-one RP and let others join as it progresses. I feel making an open-ISH rp may help. By open-ish, I mean, always accepting apps, but not relying on a specific set of characters too much that it would kill the RP. I'll do this thing if you will, Gid.

Staff member
    I work best with questions. I'm not good at calling things to mind without direction, the more specific the better.

And I would have absolutely zero problems with that. Any race and such is permitted in my book, just so long as you're willing to be omitted if I decide to use this for the basis of a novel. And one on one will allow us to get off to quite a vigorous start.

The start would be on the ground this time, if we decide to go solely based off of my ideas. All of our characters would have to be together by the end of our intros, or we risk dying like my last RP.

We'd likely be in a conjoined defensive guerilla front holding out in a highly spartan community of survivors. Likely sheltering in the shadow of a larger beast for some element of protection. We'd be really adept at rebuilding and adapting quickly to the environment, it means death to be too slow.

Staff member
    Omitted because the race you decide on could be copyrighted :p

Staff member
    Racial tensions between my four custom races would still be present, but they'd be cooperative. The war against the "gods" is going to be much more pronounced and in our faces. The size of our starting community will likely also be quite large, as it will consist of multiple races banding together for survival.

lizardisok

WhT in the blazes carnations is going on in heayr

Farthlion

Feel free to use it. The day I say that one of my ideas is off limits to others is the day creativity dies.

Alright, still using your same character? Do the races you've described in your OP look human in this version of the world?

I've been brainstorming on a female character from said indigenous tribe of migrants. They'd be pretty hard to distinguish from humans, sans eye color. It's not like she is the first to defect from her tribe and face the rest of the world - so seeing one of her race would be rarer, but not like you would take a picture. The tribe doesn't know a lot about the outside world, so it would be easier for your character to explain things to her in that context instead of explaining in this thread. On the other hand, the outside world knows quite a bit about the tribe, as they have been studied, but the elders refuse to accept any communication or resources (minus clothing.... think today's indigenous people. Many of them use some modern features, but prefer to be left alone).

More about the race - they're hardy, humanlike creatures that have an elevated stamina and strength, which makes them excellent nomads. Their immune systems are on the higher end of the average human's, and therefore they heal quickly as well. In return for this, they need to eat about three times as much as the average human. They also have much more dense bones than a human would, making them quite heavy (1.5-2x as heavy as a human), and therefore slow moving because of it. Their numbers aren't very high due to the type of lifestyle and need for food. Their most distinctive feature is their green eyes.

Let me know what you think about that.

Staff member
    Feel free to use it. The day I say that one of my ideas is off limits to others is the day creativity dies.

Alright, still using your same character? Do the races you've described in your OP look human in this version of the world?

I've been brainstorming on a female character from said indigenous tribe of migrants. They'd be pretty hard to distinguish from humans, sans eye color. It's not like she is the first to defect from her tribe and face the rest of the world - so seeing one of her race would be rarer, but not like you would take a picture. The tribe doesn't know a lot about the outside world, so it would be easier for your character to explain things to her in that context instead of explaining in this thread. On the other hand, the outside world knows quite a bit about the tribe, as they have been studied, but the elders refuse to accept any communication or resources (minus clothing.... think today's indigenous people. Many of them use some modern features, but prefer to be left alone).

More about the race - they're hardy, humanlike creatures that have an elevated stamina and strength, which makes them excellent nomads. Their immune systems are on the higher end of the average human's, and therefore they heal quickly as well. In return for this, they need to eat about three times as much as the average human. They also have much more dense bones than a human would, making them quite heavy (1.5-2x as heavy as a human), and therefore slow moving because of it. Their numbers aren't very high due to the type of lifestyle and need for food. Their most distinctive feature is their green eyes.

Let me know what you think about that.
    The Angelics and Shadoxen haven't really changed from my original physical description. Demonics ate changeling types, they could look like anything as long as their personality and perceptions were compatiblewith the desired form. The Draconics are mainly dragon shaped in this time, humanoid ones are plausible but very very rare.

I like it. I have no particle thoughts, other than their appetite is an extreme handicap. Consider carefully how strong they are and how great you desire this handicap to be.

Farthlion

I guess I'm just into handicaps. I could make it a bit easier by making their digestive systems a little odd, with the ability to process energy via anything from bark to stone. Would that help?

Also, will probably be off in about 15 minutes for the night, as I have to make dinner. I'll be around a bit tomorrow other than a doc appt.

Staff member
    I guess I'm just into handicaps. I could make it a bit easier by making their digestive systems a little odd, with the ability to process energy via anything from bark to stone. Would that help?

Also, will probably be off in about 15 minutes for the night, as I have to make dinner. I'll be around a bit tomorrow other than a doc appt.
    The ability to turn anything into food would then become extremely OP :p

I trust you can make it work how it is now, I'm just saying consider it carefully. Logically their tribes are either going to be small in number or extremely strong individually to be able to sustain themselves in the world. It's just a matter of how strong you want them to be to compensate for their apetite. It could be interesting if your character has to prove herself worthy of the amount of food she consumes by taking on extra burdens. :p

Farthlion

I trust you can make it work how it is now, I'm just saying consider it carefully. Logically their tribes are either going to be small in number or extremely strong individually to be able to sustain themselves in the world. It's just a matter of how strong you want them to be to compensate for their apetite. It could be interesting if your character has to prove herself worthy of the amount of food she consumes by taking on extra burdens. :p
    You using the same char as before, or a new one? I'm going to start on my character. If you are still using the same char then maybe consider working on a first post?

Staff member

You using the same char as before, or a new one? I'm going to start on my character. If you are still using the same char then maybe consider working on a first post?
    I'm still thinking on that. I most likely will, but he'll be much younger. Closer to my real age. And much MUCH MUCH less skilled and powerful. He'll be just starting out, and he's basically human. He will also be completely unknown, a farcry away from his status as the be all end all mercenary

Staff member
    I assume we ae going to start a new RP thread? And thank you so much. Although. Was not expecting you to just want to jump in xD