do you think you would never get sick of skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

asparticus_maraudius

I am asparticus fear my wrath!!!!!!
I dont think I would ever get sick of skyrim theres like so much to do in it I enjoy this game alot may take me years to complete the entire game and then get sick of it after a very very long time but I dont think so.

Niflheimr

Yeah, if they don't fix the lag issue, I sure will lose interest in this game.
Also having it on console, I'd probably get bored after finishing all the quests and trying all shouts, weapons and spells. But that's like 250+ hours of play. Though, if I had it on PC the game would last like 3 years.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I occasionally take breaks. I didn't play Skyrim during the whole month of December. Came back at the beginning of the new year, made a new character and BOOM, into it again. Though with two new Resident Evil titles coming out, Skyrim might be put on hold again until the DLC comes out.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I also won't get sick of the game too soon. I don't have the luxury of over playing it now that classes are back in session so I still look forward to the time I can steal to play. I think with mods and creation kit opportunities (I play on PC), it will hold my interest for a very long time. I know this was true with Oblivion as well. I would put it aside for a bit but when an interesting mod or DLC came out, I was right back to it.

Eva

I haven't played in like... 3+weeks due to school and work; before then I was able to play anytime I wasn't working. I feel like going from playing 4+ hours per day to not playing for awhile at a time keeps the game fresh and exciting for me-- I can't wait until my next "free day" (it's two weeks from tomorrow!!) during which I can indulge my long-squelched Skyrim addiction.

asparticus_maraudius

I think its also good to try and play something else in between thats what I do all the time I just play in between my other games I play and try not to play skyrim all the time just hear and there.

deanj832

I dont think it could get boring as long as you try different types of character and follow different story lines etc I can imagine it to get a bit repetitive later on from what I've been reading your pretty much undefeatable when you get to the higher levels I'm currently at level 26 with one handed dwarven armour and a few warrior perks and most things are fairly easier to kill and wolves are becoming annoying when wandering round as I can kill them with one Hit but Dungeons and forts are still a little bit challenging enough and the quest lines but like I said I'm still fairly early on in the game

Yeah I'm pretty bored of it tbh. I've finished the main quest line, Thieves Guild quest line, Dark Brotherhood Questline, Companions quest line, College of Winterhold quest line, civil war quest line and tons of misc. quests. I really only play now to record footage for my youtube channel.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I am literally getting sick (nauseous) from playing for days on end, because of the jerky graphics outdoors.
Judging from other comments, getting a faster computer is not guaranteed to fix this issue.

I HATE SKYRIM'S COMBAT intensely. The fact that weapons don't fire until you RELEASE the attack key, and only if you hold it down for a second or more is truly the most idiotic, and downright malevolent idea for a game with so much action in it.

I hate the fact that most quests are simple killing missions. I hate the lack of level requirements before quests can be initiated, and the lack of indication of the difficulty of each quest. I suppose the developers thought it would be funny if they lured newbies into deep dungeons with a bunch of flimsy skeletons at the beginning, to make them think "hey, this is easy!" only to have some ridiculoulsy overpowered boss at the end of the dungeon.

I hate the bugged quests with almost a total lack of guidance or clues ... When a quest cannot be completed you just don't know if it's a bug or because you're supposed to complete some other quest first.

I hate the fake AI, NPC's greeting you right fter they've killed you, greeting you every minute if you're near them, followers talking plops when they should keep their mouths shut.

They made the game too complex and there's just too much mental energy required, it becomes more work than play....

It's just not fun enough for the amount of time it demands from the player. . . wanna just explore? tough, you can't , you'll get charged by flying wolves and skating mudcrabs at every turn .

Forgot to cast Stoneflesh (out of the dozens of available underpowered spells) before that battle? too bad. No, it isn’t enough having all those health potions in your inventory, you have to remember to drink them before you die, you must interrup the battle and scroll through your inventory to locate the potion, conveniently listed right beneath the poisons, and easily mistaken. WHAT FUN!

You have to individually poison every arrow, and there's a bunch of keys to use to navigate menus. The DROP ITEM key is next to the CHARGE ITEM key, have fun dropping your Staff in front of that Draugr Overlord blasting you with ice spikes that never miss.
As for you, you will miss a lot. You can stand in right front of some opponent (they all move like on fast forward) and frantically swing your swords, but if you don't time your key presses accurately, or if the nearly invisible crosshair isn’t actually touching your opponent, you will slash at thin air while he guts you like a fish, using inferior weapons. You have about 2 seconds to get your keypresses right.

Your staff will run out of charge during battle and you will get a little message in the top left corner of the screen, which you will not notice for a while as the batle is hectic, until you realise your staff has stopped firing and you're dead.

What fun!

Don't be surprised if the "Creation Kit" much more limited than you expect, because of Steam. They are bound to limit what people are "allowed" to modify.

Kuurus

Not anytime soon, but of course I will tire of it eventually. I believe when I played Everquest back in 1999-2001, I had 140 DAYS played on my main character. Days, not hours. It took me a long time to tire of that one. My work day is about 12 hours long including my commute on average now though, so it would probably take me 10 years to rack up that kind of played time on Skyrim.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
There are other gaming distractions for when I need to take a break, but if I do get sick of it I would think it would be just prior to Elder Scrolls VI being released.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
I am literally getting sick (nauseous) from playing for days on end, because of the jerky graphics outdoors.
Judging from other comments, getting a faster computer is not guaranteed to fix this issue.

I HATE SKYRIM'S COMBAT intensely. The fact that weapons don't fire until you RELEASE the attack key, and only if you hold it down for a second or more is truly the most idiotic, and downright malevolent idea for a game with so much action in it.

I hate the fact that most quests are simple killing missions. I hate the lack of level requirements before quests can be initiated, and the lack of indication of the difficulty of each quest. I suppose the developers thought it would be funny if they lured newbies into deep dungeons with a bunch of flimsy skeletons at the beginning, to make them think "hey, this is easy!" only to have some ridiculoulsy overpowered boss at the end of the dungeon.

I hate the bugged quests with almost a total lack of guidance or clues ... When a quest cannot be completed you just don't know if it's a bug or because you're supposed to complete some other quest first.

I hate the fake AI, NPC's greeting you right fter they've killed you, greeting you every minute if you're near them, followers talking pl*** when they should keep their mouths shut.

They made the game too complex and there's just too much mental energy required, it becomes more work than play....

It's just not fun enough for the amount of time it demands from the player. . . wanna just explore? tough, you can't , you'll get charged by flying wolves and skating mudcrabs at every turn .

Forgot to cast Stoneflesh (out of the dozens of available underpowered spells) before that battle? too bad. No, it isn’t enough having all those health potions in your inventory, you have to remember to drink them before you die, you must interrup the battle and scroll through your inventory to locate the potion, conveniently listed right beneath the poisons, and easily mistaken. WHAT FUN!

You have to individually poison every arrow, and there's a bunch of keys to use to navigate menus. The DROP ITEM key is next to the CHARGE ITEM key, have fun dropping your Staff in front of that Draugr Overlord blasting you with ice spikes that never miss.
As for you, you will miss a lot. You can stand in right front of some opponent (they all move like on fast forward) and frantically swing your swords, but if you don't time your key presses accurately, or if the nearly invisible crosshair isn’t actually touching your opponent, you will slash at thin air while he guts you like a fish, using inferior weapons. You have about 2 seconds to get your keypresses right.

Your staff will run out of charge during battle and you will get a little message in the top left corner of the screen, which you will not notice for a while as the batle is hectic, until you realise your staff has stopped firing and you're dead.

What fun!

Don't be surprised if the "Creation Kit" much more limited than you expect, because of Steam. They are bound to limit what people are "allowed" to modify.

Trade it in then. I don't understand what you mean by "

They made the game too complex and there's just too much mental energy required, it becomes more work than play....". Personally I prefer games that are mentally challenging, they're more immersive, but I guess it's each to their own.

I'm about 240 hrs in and still not bored. Some people I know say they got bored after completing the main quests, but they did that before anything else. For me the best way to play the game is to do about 10 - 15 side quests and misc quests, then do a main quest.

Niflheimr

On my main character I did more than 50 misc quest (Not sure the exact number but I got a trophy doing it) and around 10 side quests and in the main quest I got into the time you kill your 2nd Dragon which Alduin revives.

I remember in Oblivion on one save, I only did the first of the main quests (To deliver the Amulet) and didn't finish any of the guilds quests (I played around 8 of the Thieves, 10 of the Dark Brotherhood, the first one of the Arcane University and first one of the Fighters guild and nearly finished the Aerna) yet I played 80 hours. It's amazing how time consuming TES can be.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
I forgot to mention. Playing the game the first time is beautiful because everything is new, but playing the second and maybe third time have their benefits. As others mentioned there is an opportunity to choose a player with a different race / character build, but also you can learn from any mistakes you made in the first play. I can see me playing this game throughout the whole year without getting bored.

Iceman_mat

A little bit.

Completed a few quests personally (main one and what not) however when visiting a friend i've helped and seen most of the quests in the game completed (thane, civil, deaderic, masks, etc).

Were I made a character to see how in depth the character making system is (how many times could I possible multi-class) he made a char to run through the game. There isn't to much left except to try different builds and play styles now. I find interest in the player who is trying to do it non-violently though even if he got through most of the main quest line I think he will have problems near the end =/. Still cool that it is some what possible.

-Cheers

Tanya

Yeah, if they don't fix the lag issue, I sure will lose interest in this game.
I agree with this 100% If this weren't such an awesome game I would have stopped long ago. I get so irritated with the lag that it keeps me from playing as long as I want to. I suffer through it then ultimately get frustrated and shut it off. On the plus side they say they are fixing this on the next update. That might make my play time go from 100 hours in a month to 30 each day... I'm joking btw.. I know there aren't 30 hours in a day.

asparticus_maraudius

I hate the fake AI, NPC's greeting you right fter they've killed you, greeting you every minute if you're near them, followers talking pl*** when they should keep their mouths shut.

What fun!

thats nice.but I have never seen sombody with so many dislikes on skyrim?????okay thats cool.

asparticus_maraudius

Yeah I'm pretty bored of it tbh. I've finished the main quest line, Thieves Guild quest line, Dark Brotherhood Questline, Companions quest line, College of Winterhold quest line, civil war quest line and tons of misc. quests. I really only play now to record footage for my youtube channel.

yeah man I subscribed to your videos and I liked it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts