Do you talk to yourself while playing Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
...and who doesn't talk back when they're called a milk drinker!?!?!:mad:

Ha! Every time I'm called that I reply mockingly:

"Why thank you good sir! I shall enjoy drinking fine milk to harden my bones while you incapacitate yourself by drinking alcohol and acting like a joke. I look forward to beating the crap out of you on the next brawl!"

Lamest insult I have ever heard... Milk drinker... If anything to me it's a compliment! I shall have hard bones! :)

thanks2Ralof

Friend 'O dog
I always talk smack to Jon Battle-Born...who does he think he is??? ...acting so smug as he leans against that pillar..."bite me Jon"

Crowley

Agreed, but he's not as bad as anyone who talks down to you and asks what you're going to do about it. But Thonar Silver-Blood is the worst of all.

thanks2Ralof

Friend 'O dog
Agreed, but he's not as bad as anyone who talks down to you and asks what you're going to do about it. But Thonar Silver-Blood is the worst of all.
...."have you been to the cloud district lately?".....i hate that guy

Crowley

Oh, definitely, you just want to punch that guy for the rest of time. Alternatively, you could stick your head up his arse, yell fus roh dah and send his intestines up through his mouth :p

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
No, I only talk to the NPCs and my followers. Sometimes it gets pretty heated, I guess.

mamali

i do :D
" OH i gotta go this way , into that cave .... hmm whats that ? lets lockpick it . broke one * laugh * , ooooooooohhh i broke another :D .
what ? just two coins ?
okey lets continue, kill that ... kill that one ... HOLY F*** what was THAT ? "

all in persian of course :D
my dad loves watching me play video games
AND I'M 18 !

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I talk a fair bit when playing Skyrim, though I sometimes accidentally do it when I'm on skype. So I create awkward situation when the person believes I'm talking to them.

Chadonraz

Oh yes.

I try to actually be my character, so I react to NPCs' comments, all kinds of occurrences, getting hit etc. as my character would. I also do things like speculate whether I'll make it to my destination without getting attacked by a dragon, based on how long it's been since the most recent attack.
"It's been over a week, so considering how far I'm in the main quest, I'm probably going to get attacked."

When I'm dungeon-crawling or in combat, I talk to myself or the enemies pretty much all the time.
"Now would be a good time to re-cast Muffle... and probably should switch to my bow."
"That trap could not be any more obvious..."
"You attack me, you die. So leave me alone." (to wolves and other animals)
"You think you can take me?"
"Shut up and die already."
"I don't think so!" (one I use very frequently)

The funny part is, I use a mix of two languages: English and Finnish. Sometimes, like when I can't find the words to say something in English, I say that part in Finnish. And vice versa (kind of worrying how often I can't find the right Finnish words despite it being my native language).

My brother says I'm weird because of the talking while playing. :rolleyes:
I don't think he really understands the concept of immersing yourself in a game. :D

Edit: Come to think of it, part of the reason I talk aloud so much is because I've watched tons of Skyrim LPs. Maybe I'm unwittingly emulating those LPers.
I know there are at least two phrases I've picked up from LPs: "potion of not dying" and "dying horribly". I've heard them so many times that they've actually become part of my "vocabulary".

Caideus

Yea, I've played the game way too much so I have actually re-"written" the dialogue to what my character should actually be saying... in the beginning when Alduin attackes Helgan and Hodvar says "Was that a dragon out there? The bringer of the end times. My response is usually "Well, it's not a butterfly floatin', that's for damn sure"

But yep lol

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Oh this happens every time and is bound to happen even more for instance -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When An NPC gives me a Dumb look I always yell / What the Hell are you looking at

When a guard says wait I know you I say / You don't know me cause if you did then you would be someone but your a nobody unless I am the Dragonborn then I say Well of Course you know me idiot I am the Dragonborn of Legend

When I am in an Inn and I sit down and the Person comes up to me to offer a Drink I say hell no I don't drink that plops/ This is Usually the Case when I play as an undead

When a Follower says Hey look a cave think we should check it out / Nah Cant be Bothered or If I am Bothered I say Fine lets go (Cough)Mortal

If something is Annoying Me I yell Curse words at the Screen

If I know I can Dominate a Enemy I act really Evil to them and Laugh an Evil Laugh whie I continue to Disarm them over and over again and then after 5 Minutes of toying with them I kill them however if they Say Victory or Sovngarde, I will use Soul Tear and I say To the Soul Cairn with you.

Another thing 2 do is when I go into a Pace f I care Enough I will say hello to various NPCs

Whenever Ornjorf in Castle Volkihar opens his mouth I tell him to Shut it or he is Banished

One of my Favorite things to do is sneak up to Someone and then I say BOO and then I use Dismay and they flee in terror and don't get me started with many of the Female Characters.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I talk to NPCs constantly, especially my followers. Once in a while they even answer me.

Me (about to tell Onmund I need to trade some things with him): "What have you got?"
Onmund: "I've got your back."

Damn it, Onmund o_O I see what you did there.