Do you start a new game for no reason like me?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xiomn

I always end up starting an entire new game for no reason at all. I've restarted like three times now and haven't even completed or even gone past the second quest of the main quest. For some reason i just randomly feel the need to start a new game with a new race. I'll end up doing guild quests, and some hold quests then restart. I want to start again now lol.

Does anyone else do this?

Blackst0rm

Lol, a couple times I got bored playing my mage then decided I'm gonna play a more melee style character so I made an Orc/Nord/Dark Elf played them all till just after the dragon attack then I go back to my mage. I want to start a new game, but kinda lazy to do it all again :eek:

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
I have to have restarted like 100+ times so far. I usually do different styles of play on each new restart, but yeah I do that all the time. I had made a redguard who was gonna be an archer, but then said screw it I'll remake my wood elf (lost due to saving over the file).

Xiomn

Yeah i always want to start a new game after doing a few quests but at the same time i don't want to have to do the same quests all over again because i haven't done everything in the game yet. o_o

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
lol I've made probably 75+ assassins/thieves so I know the pain of doing everything over. Even my GF knows the dark brotherhood quests (at least the first 2) by heart.

chizzbot

I'm still playing my original character. Though, if I had foresight, I would not have picked Imperial. I just went with well-rounded. Level 47 now, mix of stealth archery & blood & guts one-handed. I can cast a few spells, so I think I'm special. I'm pretty law-abiding, I think my total bounty has been less than 200. When I first went to riverwood, I killed a chicken and people started trying to kill me, so I ended up killing a lot of people and throwing them off the bridge. 40 bounty there. Also killed the woman I was supposed to meet up with. Whoops.

11mb save file now, so when it gets too buggy, I will start over as the exact opposite. Dark elf assassin or strict Mage.

Halkin

pzzzztt
have restarted three times so far, though at lv12, lv 16 and i think it was 19 for the last. just fancied seeing a few play styles before commiting a lot more time to the game

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
This is my 4th version of my Skyrim experience. First time I didn't understand the Perks Tree and wasted it, so had to restart. Second time I made myself an Orc and got to Level 51 before the combo of one shot kill and not being able to stand looking at my character made me start over with a blonde Nord. Third go round I joined the Stormcloaks and realized they were not my kind of folks, so on round 4 I am happy and won't restart. I think.

Xiomn

I just made an orc archer lol thought it would be a pretty good looking and unique combo. Hopefully i wont end up restarting because i look ugly or because i'm in the minority.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I just made an orc archer lol thought it would be a pretty good looking and unique combo. Hopefully i wont end up restarting because i look ugly or because i'm in the minority.

Well, I tried tolove my Orc, but those tusks just did me in. Even tried to be a female Orc to minimize the impact, but Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

Necromis

Yeah, I have started 4ish times. I still have my original Kitty in nightengale armour at around level 26, but I tried a couple of options that perked my interest. Including a pure mage tank in heavy armour. It was working out ok, but honestly she was boring. I like my sneaky way with niper bow. So now I still have my main guy but I am playing a breton mystic archer with bound mystic bow. I swear that first dungeon with the golden claw I could navigate w/eyes closed. I have yet, besides my first play thru, had a single durgr even get outa his bed before I drop him. LOL

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I have to share that on the 4th restart, I dind't even wait for the NPC's at Helgen... Just ran to the hold (ignoring Alduin), went in and ran all the way to the exit. My buddy showed up just the same and I dind't have to waste the time with all the stuff in Helgen.

Nigth Assassin

Nightingale
maybe like 20 times, just now playing mu 40 assassin/thief but tomorrow creating evil archer

Necromis

yeah same here, I only waited long enough for him to catch up at the bear for a little sneak *training* LOL

Katt

Haven't restarted yet, but I know I will, and try out other options on quests, or joining the other faction. My character is an assassin/mage combo dark elf, but I know I'll put together a kitty, as well as a blonde nord that the men will swoon over ;)

Kat =^*^=

Anonylulz

I had to make three characters before settling on one I wanted to play with, she eventually became everything after being a conjurer. So Now I'm playing a pure warrior, I'm going to make an archer/assasin sometime in the next few weeks and then a destruction mage after that. I like that the character I level as high as I could stand to was originally a conjurer, because even though I did a ton of things as her I still feel like I have the three major play-styles to actually experience.

Well not for 'no reason'. When I found out about the Oghma Infinitum exploit, I started a new character, leveled to 15, got the Oghma and created a branching point from that save where I can experiment with a every different build. I don't go to 100 in everything like the crazy cheaters, I just establish a build.

Necromis

You don't have to be a *cheater* to go to 100 in everything. If you want to level all the way to 81 you just use all of those skill to get to 100. I know, you are probably saying with the exploit on the Oghma Infinitum, just throwing my .02 in.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
I'm on my second character, a Redguard one hander/archer. I didn't restart because I was bored with my character, a two hander tank Orc but because a couple of quests bugged out. I get attached to my characters, and can't imagine restarting over and over again. I put too much time and effort into building my character and just all the hours spent actually playing the game to be constantly switching over. Also if you keep on creating new characters you're never exploring the game to it's full extent but just doing it all over again, and again and again. Boring in my opinion, which is ironic because most people switch because they are bored, but I find I enjoy the game a lot more if I'm following through with one character which I've invested in. Everyone is different though, so no offense meant to anyone.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts