• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I don't like to create godmode characters that are level 81 and have done every quest. I give my characters backstories, but I wouldn't necessarily say I hardcore roleplay - I don't make my characters sleep or eat, I let them use every pound of their encumbrance, and I do fast-travel. To make up for this, I pretend that each in-game day is really 5 days, so the "17th of Heartfire, 4E 201" (1 game-month after the beginning of the game) is really sometime in mid-Sun's Dawn, 4E 202.

However, I'm thinking of making a character I actually roleplay somewhat "properly".

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
I haven't done any role-playing yet but I want to in the future, it seems like lots of fun- especially when you're other characters are near unstoppable.

geardawks

I'll gut you in the stomach and twist
Played Skyrim for countless hours, all of which were used roleplaying. Was thinking of playing a new character with a darker backstory than most others I've played as. Trying to think of backstory... maybe something along the lines of:

An imperial named Darius, who as a boy on the cusp of manhood, had to deal with the absence of his parents with his older sister, Valleria, and learn to live on the streets (due to the closing of the local orphanage in Anvil). As he grew to be an honest man (halting the thieving he used to do as a child, trying to survive) he finally earned enough gold to buy a home. Later, he discovers that his sister worked part time as a prostitute in the local brothel. He confronted her and told her to stop, but the nobleman who took a liking to her wasn't very happy. After he abducted her, Darius took up the task of bringing her back, and dishing out justice to the nobleman, butcher-style. But in turn, sneaks into his quarters to find that his sister has been raped multiple times and is now dead, along with the nobleman, who died from a skooma and alcohol overdose. While mourning the death of his sister in the nobleman's quarters, he was interrupted by the guards who mistakenly concluded that he murdered both Valleria and the nobleman. He fled the castle back to Anvil, but it was too late, they were searching for him already. Without much on his back, he travelled south, escaping Cyrodiil and venturing fourth to Skyrim. As he crossed the border he decided to rest at an inn he spotted. Upon entering he witnessed a drunken man harassing a nordic waitress. Without hesitation, he grabbed a dagger that was on the counter of the bar, pushed the soldier away from the woman, and stabbed him in the stomach. As he looked into his eyes and twisted the blade, he was interrupted by a group of Imperial Soldiers that mistook him as a Stormcloak rebel.

And yeah... Not sure if I wanna role with this though. Playing as Darius, I imagine, would make for a serious and dark experience, which could be really boring after a while. I've always liked playing characters with little quirks that make them fun, but Darius' only quirk is being super serious.

Absolutely, my character is a nice guy with a god complex, so while he may do things that most nice guys wouldn't (Daedric quests and the Dark Brotherhood) he tends to do them for what in his mind is "the greater good" :D