PC Do you prefer a controller?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you prefer a controller to play Skyrim?

• Total voters

osheao

i grew up using the mouse/key with games like descent where i was very skilled using all my fingers and then some.

when i get my gaming computer in a few months i will be using a 360 controller.

i have an unbelievable disconnect with a mouse and key. as well, the 'superiority' of a mouse/key is complete nonsense with the games i play, including, certain fps.

this is coupled with the fact that there is a meaningful connection i get with the game when using a controller.

The Rook

Make a fine rug? I don't crochet.
I play all of my games on the PC because prefer a ball mouse and keyboard to control my games. It's the closest to those old '80s controls that I was more accustomed too when I started back playing video games.

kdshields

Co-founder of Applits.com
I've always been a keyboard and mouse guy. I have always felt like a mouse give you a lot faster reaction times than a controller does.

Tara

I've used controllers since I was a kid, and yet the game is still much easier for me to control with a mouse and keyboard.

I remember having difficulties back when I still had the game for the 360, lol.

VonCrown

I do like the natural feel of controllers in the menus, but as soon as I'm actually, you know, playing the game. Yeah the more natural movement control is nice for sneaking, but I can sneak just fine with a keyboard and I'll be honest, this may be a personal thing, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn with a controller. And I tend to try and pull of silly sniper shots, so precision aiming is important to me.

SvenVolfeid

I prefer using a controller, much easier to navigate all the menu's and i can just lay back on my bed and snipe falmer etc with my bow and arrows

Ludwik

I prefer using keyboard and mouse as I am not really used on using controller and it seems harder to control and fight with controller rather than with keyboard.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I really have no preference, both are fine with me.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Have no PC. Case closed.

Omega Dragon

The only reason it's better to play the game with a gamepad is because they ported it with consoles in mind, perhaps even realizing someone would mod a new UI for it is my guess.

'sides, the only gamepad I like won't likely to ever be supported by many game devs out there (Snakebyte XIV). So no, I will always refuse to use gamepad on PC, plus my keyboard/mouse combo gives me better control.

E25mad25

i use Keyboard and mouse for Role-Playing games such as Skyrim and Dragon Age
but i cant play Hack and Slash (such as darksiders and devil may cry) games without a controller.
first person games and 3rd person shooters also cant be played using a controller in my opinion,

GayGoblin

I'm the One who Stole Your Sweetroll
No. No. NO. Gahh, the limited controls of a controller D8 it's awful. *hugs keyboard* I'll never leave you ;_;!

Kaine777999

I use a 360 controller, as it seems to be more consistent than my wireless mouse, plus it keeps it the same for when I switch to the 360.
Until I hit some sort of annoying bug and am forced to switch to the keyboard to activate the console to fix it.

DarK StaR

I thinkg keyboard is better because theres a million different keyboards plus the advantages of hotkeys then theres hybrid keyboard controller croses which are neat but id have to stick with my keyboard much better movement speed the abillitly to turn around on a dime and remain in controll is great im sure people that are used to consoles wouldnt understand though....any way thats my 2 cents

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts