Do you keep the first weapon you got or made for sentimental value

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
This might be a strange question to ask but have you ever kept it or even used it throughout most of the game? This also includes pieces of Armor as well as little things like amulets or Gems

For me it was the first weapon I had laid my hands on which was the Iron sword from Helgen. Being that I had used the weapon up until about level 30. Since replacing that weapon with my better weapon which was my Ebony Sword it now just sits on my storage chest at the Hunting cabin in Riverwood.
First sword.jpg

Does anybody else keep there first weapons for sentimental value?

David Hart

Nope, sold my first weapon as soon as I found something better. It's too bad that you can't disenchant weapons, even though you already know the enchantment. This way you could keep improving the enchantment properties of a weapon as you become more skillful. Still, I would have dumped my first weapon, likely in a chest, once I got a scimitar... Curved... Sword.... (grin)

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I am the same way except i keep everything that has anything to do with questlines.

Clau

The Fateless One
As a matter of fact I do. My character, Cassandra still has the Imperial armor out of Helgen. My first Imperial sword and bow are still with me, tucked away in Breezehome.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
I actually never thought about doing that, I mean I usually keep my first sword for a few levels until I find something much more powerful, but then I sell or dump it afterwards. Might be something worth doing with a future character.

MOROKEI

On my first character I did Alvor's little smithing tutorial straight out of Helgen. Once I'd completed it, he told me to keep my iron dagger and hide helmet, and that I should remember him while I was crafting Skyforge Steel. I kept my two tokens of smithing noobhood until, hours of gameplay later, I found myself crafting my first set of Daedric at the Skyforge.

Urzek

The only weapon i kept was the Dawnbreaker. I still occasionally use it to smash some undead's face.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
A few other things I had also forgot to mention were the Leather Boots and the Fur Hood that my first character is currently wearing have been with him from the start. I can understand why some people would see it as more of a burden because they are weak weapons, but to me each weapon could all most have a book written about them when you consider the vast amounts of enemies they had faced and defeated.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
I play as a sorcerer so I have kept my first three spells throughout the game.

edge

No. But i named and kept the weapon i used in the civil war questline its called Ragnar's war mace

Sharduroga

i held on to the Axe of Whiterun for a long time. I replaced it with an Ebony battleaxe but the whiterun axe made a pretty awesome bone splitter

Brael

I never thought to keep my first weapon. I love that idea!

I do keep all sorts of weird things for sentimental value though. I kept the prisoners rags. Those are on display on a mannequin so my character can remember where she's been. I have a bottle of falmer's blood elixir. Took the pack of torture tools from that companions quest(kept on top of her chest of weapons.. it seemed appropriate ;)). I pilfered a broken sword handle and broken blade from Ysgramor's statue. Took all of Aventus's Black Sacrament stuff.. including the human flesh...:confused: I hoard any and all personal journal's or notes that I find. I kept a shiv. I also love using the weapon plaques as a memorial of sorts. My Bosmer married Aela so they have two silver swords and Ysgramor's shield on display. There are also two Forsworn swords and a Markarth guard shield on display in the cellar.. you know, for a laugh..

I know I'm forgetting so many things. I frequently haul a lot of interesting or unique crap/clutter out of dungeons in lieu of nice, useful things... it is a sickness.. :sadface:

I am the same way except i keep everything that has anything to do with questlines.

^ Yeah, this basically.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I would if it were actually unique, not identical to the millions of other iron swords out there. Like in Dragon Age Origins, I kept the Family Sword you get at the very beginning even though it gets outclassed pretty quick.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts