Do you install the game? (consoles)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anonylulz

I have been on my 360 but it seems like I need to occasionally delete the game and reinstall to fix bugs. Once I reinstall it it seems to run smoothly for a while and then mucks up a week or two later. So now I'm trying it without the game on the hard-drive. What do you guys do?

I have been on my 360 but it seems like I need to occasionally delete the game and reinstall to fix bugs. Once I reinstall it it seems to run smoothly for a while and then mucks up a week or two later. So now I'm trying it without the game on the hard-drive. What do you guys do?
I installed mine on the hard drive and didnt seem to have major problems! I did notice a bit of jumping when it autosaved but thats about it. So i cant really comment on the problem you are having (i did however have texture bugs which emerged after a while)

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I always install any game that I am going to play a lot. So I have Skyrim installed the Hard Drive, it makes it easier on the Disc & the Disc drive.

Al'Amar

The Wood Elf
Yeah, if you play a game a lot always save it to your hard drive. In the case that the disc has a scratch and does not read, you can still put the disc in and play it off the install. Please note, people think that you can install the game and just throw the disc away. No! If you throw the scratched disc away it does not work. Long story short, you can play off the install without the disc.. reguardless

Anonylulz

Yea playing off the disc was much worse. I generally install anything I plan on playing for more than 20 hours too I was just curious how other people went about it. Reinstalling right now though

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Like everyone has said, I always install a game I will play a lot. Aside from occasional freezing and the "jumpiness" that occurs when autosaving (like hitting the menu button), but other than that I have been smooth sailing (aside from glitches that occur during a quest which then a reload is necessary).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts