• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Or has it been months or a year since you've last touched Skyrim? Personally, Skyrim is the only game I seem to have time for nowadays. I just hadn't had the time to go out and get a new game although I'm thinking about getting Bioshock Infinite that looks pretty fun.

Invader Vin

I do still play quite frequently, about as much as I did when I first bought it at launch actually. This is primarily due to two reasons really. One of them being that like the original poster, I don't often really have much time for anything else. After work, family, friends, and exercise, it's simply easiest to settle down and get some game time in and Skyrim continues to hold my interest so that's what I play.

The other reason I continue to play only SKyrim is I simply haven't been interested in many other games recently. I usually might buy a single game a year if even that. The last game I bought prior to Skyrim was Civilization 5 and during 2012 I didn't buy a single new game at all. The only two games I can think of that have kinda caught my interest are Dishonored and Bioshock Infinite but for both these games I'd rather give them a long wait till the prices come down.

Jarrad

Oh yeah, still play a tonne. Havent got Dragonborn just yet, but the game is still enjoyable, still finding new things or things that I overlooked in the past.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
I have never played Skyrim like allot of folks on here. You know the ones that have been though fifty characters and logged several hundred hours. I'm a weekend warrior, I might play for a few hours at night. It takes an un-godly amout of time to level an orc warrior/assassin/hunter gatherer/ect ect to level 81. With out the oghma cheat.

But I still play pretty steadily. And Skyrim is the only game I play.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I play on and off having months where it's the only game I play and some months I don't touch it. I just got around to buying Dawnguard & Hearthfire so I'll probably get in a lot more game time before I give it a break and change things up with Farcry 3 or something

Not really. I've been playing Infamous and Red Dead Redemption mostly, Skyrim has it's days but it's not like it use to be where I'd play it all day whenever I could.

AS88

Staff member
Yes.

I'm still playing Skyrim constantly, especially since PS3 has at last got the DLC. There doesn't seem to have been anything better come out, at least in terms of depth and immersion. I've played a few other games, but none of them have lasted long before I come back. I've been playing since release.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I don't play too often. I sometimes like to revisit my beloved Naginata (level 43) and work on her missions, but I don't normally play for too long. I've been dying for some new DLC to play, that would probably help me to get more into the game. :)

Two Bears

Yep, I still play it regularly. It's top of the rotation which includes Shogun 2, MSFX, various indie titles and a few fighting games.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I've been playing Skyrim since I got it a couple of years ago. Matter of fact, I do love this game. I have played it several times to be honest; long ago, when I first played, I did not know anything about Alchemy or Enchanting so I decided to start a new game and started to use those skills to improve my weapon and armors; then I started it again to start using my destruction magic more than before and finally, I started to play it again and use Sneaking and Archery a lot.
Matter of fact, I find the Sneaking and Archery skills very useful and beside it is very fun to sneak and kill without being caught or seen by anybody.
I also decided to play it all, I mean, every single available quest or radiant quest and also I started to explore Skyrim till I found 347 places and after that, Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawnguard showed up and now, I started again to play it one more time but backward. Initially I did first Dragonborn, then Hearthfire and finally Dawnguard because that was the order the additions were available in PS3; now I am played Dawnguard first and I am doing a bit of Hearthfire and will continue doing everything in Skyrim before I get to Solstheim to do Dragonborn. The reason I did that, is because I wanted to get rid of the vampires first, get Serana with me and get my crossbow with explosive bows and start to have fun while sneaking and killing from a distance.
This game does not end and I do love it to my heart. I do like long games. It is not wise in my opinion to spend 60 bucks in a game that only will last a couple of hours in a story mode and I don't play online.
I would like Bethesda to add more games to the actual Skyrim so that way the story will continue and we will not have the need to start a whole new Elder Scroll. I hope they listen.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I've gotten burned out after rushing through everything on my first two characters.

Now I mostly make new ones, level into the early 20's, then get bored again....I truly need a revival of some sort to regain interest now. :sadface:

kyleekay

I haven't been playing much recently. I think I overwhelmed myself by creating several characters and by writing about one of them in my blog. I haven't played in a few weeks, and I've picked up WoW again. But the main thing keeping me from playing is my damned social life! Now that I'm essentially single (still waiting to file the papers for divorce) a bunch of my old friends have been wanting to hang out with me. Stupid social life getting in the way of my gaming. :rolleyes:

I do want to set aside some time soon to play my Khajiit again, though. I really want to continue writing about her.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Got it on day of release for PC and PS3. I don't play the PC on a daily basis anymore, I dipped back into Shogun 2 and am thinking of cracking the seal on Witcher 2 before number 3 comes out. Bought all the download for the PS3 and still working through it - seems like installing dawnguard and dragonborn at the same time attracts attacks by vampires and miraaks cultists, though not at the same time yet.

Saozig

Hippy
I admit to feeling a little burned out with the game. But hey, it's been my main game since Feb '12 so i guess I'm allowed to feel a litte burned out. There's still things I want to do, ideas for characters to play, still havn't downloaded Dawnguard, would liek to the all of the Dragonborn DLC with a different character. But i'm kind of burned out on some of the more repetitive aspects of the game, like how no matter how many thing I walk into Grave Concoctions the alchemist goes "Someone new?" or that no one ever fixes up these ruined forts that are all over Skyrim and I have to listen ot Marcurio gripe "So this is what passes for a fort in Skyrim?" or that merchents all sell the same things and so on. Also, I'm tired of the limitations for RPing. The other day I found myself wondering why I couldn't just have a charcter who starts a farm outside a hold city, or a store or builds a big fancy shrine to their favrite Aedra/Deadra and goes aroudn annoying people like Heimskr does. You know, R O L E P L A Y in my RPG, Bethesda.

But right now I've been so busy with life and stuff that I don't have time to play Skyrim much at all. I'll go a week or two, or three without playing. It was kind of nice the other day when I played it, as I went to Riften and was like "Wow--look at the fallen leaves on the wooden walkways. It's so cool." I hadn't really looked at those details in so long they seemed almost new and fresh. Even with the shortcuts they took with the graphics, the graphics and environment in this game--even on Xbox--are so much cooler than just about anything else, certainly better than any game I'd be willing to play right now.

Juracan

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
I got it in Jan 2012 and it didn't leave my console 'til Farcry3 came out. Played FC3 for 3 weeks and returned to Skyrim. I do take breaks and play Civ5, but my heart is in Skyrim.

Only in the original Bioshock did I feel this immersed. The characters, the environment, the sound engineering, and (to be honest) all the jewels. I must be the real dragonborn, because I cannot stop collecting jewels or coins. I even saved a room in Lakeview Manor exclusively for my stash. I don't sell luxury items anymore, just throw it on to the pile. Occasionally I'll jump in and swim in my riches, Ahhhhhhhh.......

Yes. Mostly radiant quests but i like just wandering around (no fast travelling) waiting for the respawn rate to improve. I think 30 days is too long. A week would be enough. Had a break to play Dark Souls but the frustration and anger from it made me play Skyrim again. So far 600 hours or so. Just collecting stuff. Looking forward to the Legendary update.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts