• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
You could reset your skills and use your perks to buy new ones? like re-choose every perk if you had made a mistake or didnt want that perk?

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Yes. I've posted about it several times - there should be restrictions, like you can only use it ten times per character, and only after say, level 30.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
oh well there ya go. figured i couldnt have been the only one to think about it

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well, I never given it much thought. Personally I wouldn't use such a feature but I wouldn't be against it being added into the game. I usually role play my characters and they have flaws, make mistakes, etc. Using a feature to reset or relocate skill points/perks would be like erasing a part of their history and who they are. For me anyway.

Notmy420

Yeah I deffinately wish there was a way to respec.. Stupid PC players get all the good stuff

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

Solitude

Inactive
bonus perks could be good, say after you get to level 5 you get 1 extra bonus perk, then level 10 you get 2 extra perks and level 15 you get 3 perks and 20 you get 4 and 25 you get 5 and 30 you get 6 and 35 you get 7 and 40 you get 8 and 45 you get 9 and 50 you get 10 and 55 you get 11 and 60 you get 12 and 65 you get 13 and 70 you get 14 and 75 you get 15 and 80 you get 16 and once you reach 81 you get another 5.

And and and and.. lol to many and's

Chryss

The way I play, if I make a mistake on my perk points, I know what to change on my next character. It makes each play through better and sometimes more challenging.

perkecet

i disagree with that, could ruin the game, and make it too easy
agreed. this would destroy replay value. every time someone brings this topic up i point to Kingdoms of Amalur. if you haven't played it i'll explain. when you level up you get to choose what are similar to a perks, much like Skyrim. here's the issue though. at any time during the course of the game you can go to any city in the game and talk to a person called a 'fateweaver'. you can pay this person an insignificant sum of gold to, you guessed it, reset the game's version of perks. after that all you have to do is buy new gear to go with your new playstyle.

this results in the following scenario:
you play the whole game as a rogue, and beat it.
you think "i wonder what being a mage is like!"
you reset your character, now you've become an end-game mage.
after a while that becomes boring, "I KNOW! i'll reset and be a warrior!"
once again you become bored, and never play the game again.

skyrim allows you to be anything you want, but rewards you for specializing. that's why i've played 20+ characters on skyrim, and i no longer own KoA. i would seriously be afraid for bethesda if they added such a feature, but i know they won't, so it's cool.

perkecet

agreed. this would destroy replay value. every time someone brings this topic up i point to Kingdoms of Amalur. if you haven't played it i'll explain. when you level up you get to choose what are similar to a perks, much like Skyrim. here's the issue though. at any time during the course of the game you can go to any city in the game and talk to a person called a 'fateweaver'. you can pay this person an insignificant sum of gold to, you guessed it, reset the game's version of perks. after that all you have to do is buy new gear to go with your new playstyle.

this results in the following scenario:
you play the whole game as a rogue, and beat it.
you think "i wonder what being a mage is like!"
you reset your character, now you've become an end-game mage.
after a while that becomes boring, "I KNOW! i'll reset and be a warrior!"
once again you become bored, and never play the game again.

skyrim allows you to be anything you want, but rewards you for specializing. that's why i've played 20+ characters on skyrim, and i no longer own KoA. i would seriously be afraid for bethesda if they added such a feature, but i know they won't, so it's cool.

Chryss, my sentiments exactly =)

Chryss

im guessing you have alot of characters then?

I am on my 6th, each one is different in some way, my newest is a Battlemage, which I haven't done yet so it's going in a new direction. have to learn to coordinate sword and magic at the same time on XBox.
The only thing that seems to be a constant with me is the Storncloaks, I just can't stand Maven Blackbriar and hate the thought of me helping her become Jarl of Riften.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
bonus perks could be good, say after you get to level 5 you get 1 extra bonus perk, then level 10 you get 2 extra perks and level 15 you get 3 perks and 20 you get 4 and 25 you get 5 and 30 you get 6 and 35 you get 7 and 40 you get 8 and 45 you get 9 and 50 you get 10 and 55 you get 11 and 60 you get 12 and 65 you get 13 and 70 you get 14 and 75 you get 15 and 80 you get 16 and once you reach 81 you get another 5.

And and and and.. lol to many and's

My goodness, Frupet. With a scaled system like that, you'd be unstoppable.

Example: What are you doing, Frupet?
Answer: I'm killing everybody in Windhelm. EVERYBODY!!!

Solitude

Inactive
My goodness, Frupet. With a scaled system like that, you'd be unstoppable.

Example: What are you doing, Frupet?
Answer: I'm killing everybody in Windhelm. EVERYBODY!!!

i do that all the time. i like to go into solitude and kill the guards just for the lols

Notmy420

i do that all the time. i like to go into solitude and kill the guards just for the lols
Lol yeah sometimes I'll log onto my main just to demolish a whole city when I get bored. Or if I'm about to log out on a new toon I'll save and then run through a whole town hitting everyone until the whole town is chasing after me and see how long I can survive. ^_^

Solitude

Inactive
Lol yeah sometimes I'll log onto my main just to demolish a whole city when I get bored. Or if I'm about to log out on a new toon I'll save and then run through a whole town hitting everyone until the whole town is chasing after me and see how long I can survive. ^_^

YUP i got 655 Health so.... yeah

walked up to giants and both of them were just swinging at me ya'know, i wasn't dieing, sure i was flying backwards and stuff and doing backwards barrel rolls, but they took a long time to kill me.

Notmy420

YUP i got 655 Health so.... yeah

walked up to giants and both of them were just swinging at me ya'know, i wasn't dieing, sure i was flying backwards and stuff and doing backwards barrel rolls, but they took a long time to kill me.
Nice lol for my next toon I want to make a heavy armor sword/board tank beast

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
see i dont think it would hurt the integrity of the game, and as far as learning from your mistakes im a huge advocate of trying not to start over a third time just because i put a perk on heavy armor instead of sneak