Do you ever find it necessary for your character to kill a few NPCs in a town?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Since my characters a Vampire Lord I feel the need to go through a town every so often to cause chaos and feed and kill a few NPCs like in Riverwood. Riverwoods all worried about the Dragon and are not prepared for an attack from a powerful Vampire Lord or a Werewolf even so I killed Alvar in front of his daughter and wife and I could've sworn his wife said Noooo like she was going to cry lol. Terrible I know but a Vampires gotta feed on the living and kill once in a while don't they? Its just in their nature. Feel free to share what NPCs you killed with your characters it be fun to read! :)

I know how you feel. For some reason I only feel the need to cause a little chaos if my character happens to be a vampire lord. I don't know what it is but the vampire lord just needs to cause chaos every once in a while.:)

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I always kill that howling mad priest in Dragonreach with my sneaky elves...and almost always get away with it too!

Smarty

Lol, if you keep going feral on people you'll be haunted by the volkihar and dawnguard. :p
As for myself, I never kill npcs, I prefer pickpocketing the key to their house.

Fenix09

I love going to white run and turning into that beast form and just rampage over that town scaring them stiff to the knees haha:D

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I'm torn between trying to preserve everyone and killing the annoying ones. I end up compromising by killing guards since they'll eventually respawn.

Iveri Sarothil

Somehow, no matter what alignment of character I'm playing, I always end up killing that holier-than-thou Altmer woman in Solitude, the one who runs the store. And stealing her clothes. And putting her body up like a little picture somewhere upstairs. Nobody really misses her, but she tends to get on my nerves (and in the case of my main character, she's got an extremely low tolerance for high elves and all their ilk) more than anyone else.

There was also that moment I attempted to kill Rolff, but only ended up finding out that (for some reason) he's essential and got my ass arrested. Did the same thing with Maven Black-Briar.

Torok

I have my Thalmor character, Virana, kill Talos worshippers, Stormcloacks and general Nords that piss her off. I have her do random searches of houses to see if any evidence of Talos worship is found, she steals stuff from the houses and kills anyone she deems as unworthy to live.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
I know how you feel. For some reason I only feel the need to cause a little chaos if my character happens to be a vampire lord. I don't know what it is but the vampire lord just needs to cause chaos every once in a while.:)

I feel it too! "Lording-Out" always puts me in the mindset that something is about to DIE. Have you flown across the plains of Whiterun Hold, simultaneously using Detect All Creatures to instantly detect your prey? I'll then enable Vampire Sight and slaughter everything I find, in the dead of night! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Somehow, no matter what alignment of character I'm playing, I always end up killing that holier-than-thou Altmer woman in Solitude, the one who runs the store. And stealing her clothes. And putting her body up like a little picture somewhere upstairs. Nobody really misses her, but she tends to get on my nerves (and in the case of my main character, she's got an extremely low tolerance for high elves and all their ilk) more than anyone else.

There was also that moment I attempted to kill Rolff, but only ended up finding out that (for some reason) he's essential and got my ass arrested. Did the same thing with Maven Black-Briar.

Oh, I know! I'm perfectly willing to forsake quests if it means playing my character, but alas... Neloth, the Telvanni wizard in Solsthiem is a perfect example of this. Zolo-Shea sacrificed everything to escape Telvanni assassins more than a century ago, and now there's a house member right in front of me!?

"Now you are my slave, Telvanni maggot! Your foolish tricks are but nothing against my Blood Magic! Your libraries will burn in the name of Molag Bal!"

Granted, sometimes it's cool when I go against an essential NPC so that I can toy with them for as long as I like... but other times I wanna straight-up murder someone! I reeeally wanted to kill Neloth. Maybe after I do his quests? No way, I would never bend knee to House Telvanni again!

Benthos

Proud Mer
Not really into messing with innocent folks, if they were nasty as all hell then I would do something, Sven and his mother I killed due to their nasty ways, as a Bosmer at the time, she mentioned the race as something nasty. As a Khajiit who was subjected to vampirism, I had to feed to recede level and get rid of it. So I fed on her while she slept. Makes me wonder how far and how fun vampirism can be before downloading any DLC.

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
Well, no. I never really find it necessary. And I never just kill random NPCs for no reason.

But of course I've dreamt of it with some people! Nazeem, Rolff, maybe Heimskr just a little... xD

Owait. There was this one single time when I killed a citizen without them having attacked me first. I climbed up on the hill outside of Rorikstead and assassinated Lemkil (with an epic single arrow that made him burst into flames hehehe) in hopes of liberating his daughters and making poor Sissel happier in a new home. It was funny cause I got a letter of inheritance from him even though he really seemed to hate me. But I never found out what happened to his kids after that. They sort of disappeared. :sadface:

Andre2807

Killing Nazeem and Heimskr really makes Whiterun a tolerable city. Also, Jarl Balgruuf should be much more decisive. I don't like him a lot.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
Yeah, That's the first thing I do on a new character. Go straight to Whiterun and shank Nazeem. I really don't mess with any other npc's though. I don't even mess with Heimskr, he adds to realism. Most big city's irl do have some crazy screaming preacher.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
How about the times an NPC gets in the way of your fireball when you're duking it out with a dragon (usually in an effort to save said NPC's village)!? There's just no other way to teach them, they're going to have to learn to fear my magic somehow. Is it my fault that the spell was designed to be so... destructive? Perhaps they'll rethink their tired hatred of magic and learn a few Oakflesh or Ward spells in the future. By slaying the countryside without mercy, I'm basically orchestrating a massive argument for the usefulness of magic, and those ignorant blonde knuckle-draggers will all bow to me once my grand works are complete...

The cool thing about killing an NPC is how the rest of your gameplay with that character will play out like the family of the NPC you killed will forever hate you and will hire thugs after you from time to time.

Benthos

Proud Mer
How about the times an NPC gets in the way of your fireball when you're duking it out with a dragon (usually in an effort to save said NPC's village)!? There's just no other way to teach them, they're going to have to learn to fear my magic somehow. Is it my fault that the spell was designed to be so... destructive? Perhaps they'll rethink their tired hatred of magic and learn a few Oakflesh or Ward spells in the future. By slaying the countryside without mercy, I'm basically orchestrating a massive argument for the usefulness of magic, and those ignorant blonde knuckle-draggers will all bow to me once my grand works are complete...
For me it's more likely during a brawl, especially indoors since it's cramped and folks are standing around hollering at us and cheering us on. I've punched Mikael a couple of times by accident on different accounts and it never ends well for him.

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
I find the need to slaughter a few npcs almost to strong to control. After spending a few hours out on a quest, it feels nice to relax in the town and take out all the npcs nearby, but the fun doesn't really last since after everyone is dead ( or unconscious and constantly getting back up for more beatings ) i'm forced to reload my save and pretend that it never happened. But with my sneakier characters i can at least enjoy slitting the throats of guards without alerting the entire town. It's important that characters take out some of their anger on innocent people every once in a while!

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
NPCs who bother me get the boot.

Sadly, some of them are marked as essential. Be honest; who doesn't want to kill Dirge and Maul, possibly simultaneously?

Chadonraz

Not really. I think I've killed Heimskr three times, and Nazeem once. They're the ones that annoy me the most, since I tend to visit Whiterun more often than any other city or town.
I've also massacred that city once, and another time spent like half an hour evading the guards after murdering one of their colleagues for Master Criminal.
That's all the "city killing" I've ever done.

I prefer to travel to Sky Haven Temple and Shout at Delphine and Esbern (preferably Fus Do Rah them off the cliff). :D
Or slaughter bandits/Forsworn in werewolf form.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts