Do I have to become a werewolf to continue with the Companions?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

screeg

The third quest already has me going to the Underforge to get diseased. Is this necessary to continue? Pisses me off because I wanted to get some Archery training from whatsherface, but now she's stuck in werewolf mode.

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
Yes, you must participate in the blood ritual to continue. However, your given the opportunity to cure your Lycanthropy during a later quest (warning: this quest may be glitched, as quite a few people are unable to rid themselves of this disease). Aela will return to normal after your next quest or two, I can't recall exactly what happens. I do know that after Glory of the Dead is over, all Companions are available for training, as well as followers/spouses.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
being a werewolf is pretty awesome, it doesn't affect gameplay too much either. it just means you are 100% resistant to diseases, even Vampirism!

SkyrenRyuu

I like being a Werewolf....Bad news about them.
1: If someone see's you transform you get a 1000bounty.
2: Stuck in 3rd person.
3: Can i only heal by feeding on dead enemies. Humanoids like, Lizzard People. Nords, Bretons, etc etc...
4:Can't look at stats of player or even the map.
5: Cant loot stuff but can still open doors.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Hold up, I was just about to do this quest too. So, if I do take the quest its simply an on/off switch thing to become werewolf right?