PS3 DLC for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I only just started Skyrim about 10 days ago (and am playing it obsessively I may add). What about the DLCs available. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it really a good thing to download them already (since I'm not nearly finished with the actual game). Any input would be greatly appreciated.

iTz BlaKe B

Basically they add a new Quest Line like the Dark Brotherhood or the Civil War and a new area they shouldn't effect the main story other than you may see some shady people in towns and they're vampires that the Guard kill (You can help) so really that's the only difference other than the Quest and new places to Explore

Benthos

Proud Mer
I have this on PS3 and it's best to download it when you're comfortable and wanting to add more to the game. If you're still brand new to it, you still have a LOT to do even without the DLC. One weird bug I have is with Sven. If I ask him to follow me, he'll mention about how Master Neloth keeps telling him to get out of his way even though that's for an entirely new character in the DLC.

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
I have this on PS3 and it's best to download it when you're comfortable and wanting to add more to the game. If you're still brand new to it, you still have a LOT to do even without the DLC. One weird bug I have is with Sven. If I ask him to follow me, he'll mention about how Master Neloth keeps telling him to get out of his way even though that's for an entirely new character in the DLC.

I get the same dialog! Makes no sense! :confused:

Agentoringe

I would say its up to you, if your already using daedric weapons of say you should be fine, the biggest problem you will have is night raids on towns and the vampires killing shop owners, especially in white run.

Cassio

I don't know if every DLC is released for PS3, but generally all of them are great. I suggest you to get one DLC after another - it will be more fun for you.

Daelon DuLac

I don't know if every DLC is released for PS3, but generally all of them are great. I suggest you to get one DLC after another - it will be more fun for you.
I agree. There are, at this point about 1/2 a dozen (at least) that I can download to PS3 when I look a the network. Once I'm a little further in, I think I will download them. I find I'm spending more than a workweek (40 hours) playing Skyrim and having the time of my life. It's the first game since Lord of the Rings: War in the North that I've actually enjoyed. DragonQuest just doesn't live up to it. Are the other Elder Scrolls good as well?

Ritterkreuz

I agree. There are, at this point about 1/2 a dozen (at least) that I can download to PS3 when I look a the network.

Only 3 of those are actual game expansions, so don't waste time or money with anything aside from Dawngaurd, Dragonborn, and Hearthfire.

Daelon DuLac

Only 3 of those are actual game expansions, so don't waste time or money with anything aside from Dawngaurd, Dragonborn, and Hearthfire.
Thank you! That's great advice.

Agent of Shadow

Dragon Priest
Yes, the DLC, at least IMO, adds so much to the game. Dawnguard is pretty neat, but if I were you, I'd get Dragonborn, if not just for nostalgic purposes. Going back to Solstheim and seeing the Skaal again was neat.

Agent of Shadow

Dragon Priest
Cool. I think I'll download all three next week.
All three? Even better! :p I myself got Dawnguard and Dragonborn just last week when it was half off on Xbox Live... maybe at some point I'll get around to installing Hearthfire!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts