Disease/Fire/Frost/Poison/Shock - most important?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Isbiten

Trying to figure out enchantments.
Gonna max out Magic resistance of course .

Now, of
Disease/Fire/Frost/Poison/Shock
Which one/ones does the most damage?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Fire Damage does the most damage as the extra effect is more fire damage. Poison can do a lot of damage, mostly from Chaurus Reapers, but there aren't many enemies that use poison (Chaurus and Falmer). Disease doesn't really do damage per se although some will lower your health by 25 points until you are cured. You should take into consideration any inherent racial resistances you have, i.e Dunmers are resistant to fire damage, Nords are reisistant to frost damage and Bosmer and Redgaurds are resistant to poison damage.

Mwhals

I have special occasion necklaces that are obviously lite weight. One is 70% shock resistance and another is 40% fire resistance. I am also a little past the cap on magic resistance. I believe the necklaces are the way to go so you can put other enchantments on your armor like fortify bow for e ample. You will take less damage if you can quickly kill your adversary. I will add that I bought or found the necklaces.

Being a werwolf gives you 100% resistance to disease. I never turn into one as I just use it for the disease resistance.

JoeReese

I don't know all the ins and outs, but the dragons were wiping me out with fire, not quite as quickly with cold as I'm a Nord, but I went with enchantments for those first. I too found necklaces a good option as I wanted my armor to increase my light armor rating or my one-handed damage rating and I was stuck with
that cursed ring that I couldn't take off. Now that I can dual enchant, I have done a new shield with 46 fire and 46 frost, as well as a necklace and a ring of each. I also did a necklace and a ring with magic and shock, and I keep a couple of cure poison potions on me. I figure I probably won't know about poison ahead of time anyway. As it stands, then, when the dragon shows me what he's "shooting," I can equip my shield if not already equipped, and I can also don the necklace and ring. Whether the game will recognize or allow the stacking effect, I do not know, but if it's worth doing it's worth overdoing. :D

Mwhals

If you finish the Hircine quest, you can get rid of the ring for the Savior's hide, get the ring uncursed or both.

If you use Magic, Shock Resistance is the most important, as it drains your Magicka. Especially for pure Mages, or Magical Tanks, because this can leave them offenseless without pulling out a weapon. Cold drains stamina similarly, but you can still Attack, just not Power attack. It also slows you down, and there's also a lot of Cold damage out there, so I only prioritize it for mobility oriented fighters, like Archers. Fire keeps burning for DoT, so does the most damage (It's secondary effect is more damage to health.)

If you get a shield, and Elemental Protection, it really boosts your resistance to Fire/Frost/Shock, in addition to your general Magic Resistance.

JoeReese

So far, I have had pretty wild success with the ring/necklace idea. The only down side is, because of the way I enchanted them (hurried, due to enchanting potion) when I don both ring and necklace, I lose my 42% one-handed damage. On the other hand, I can still take down a wizard, especially when they're loading me up with spells that aren't working on me, (evil laugh) and who really runs up to a dragon snout with their blade drawn? I let him duke it out with my follower and her storm atronach (they can use staves), and either my atronach or dremora lord. I might cast a bit of lightning at him now and again, but mostly I rend him and stay out of his way.

I'm convinced the single most-powerful weapon in your arsenal is ... the 'pause' button. He, who wieldeth the might pause button, can truly be prepared for everything. It doesn't matter what they throw at you, you pause, heal if needed, and take whatever potions you may need/want. Switch your necklaces and rings from whatever they may be to resist fire/shock/magic/frost/whatever, and go back in game suddenly almost invulnerable. Your opponents essentially meet "the borg" in a sense.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts