• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Do the others discover that V.C is working for Hermaeus Mora before or after the lockbox is opened?

• Before

Votes: 1 20.0%
    • After

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    "Objections? Chush! If I objected I wouldn't make any money, would I? I could strangle my pets and burn down a farm all at once without objections!" Shakes said.

He turned to the entrance and looked at all the new arrivals. He hated sharing the glory and money with others. Nevertheless, what had he been taught? Politeness and niceties until somebody is provocative. Nonsense, phooey, all of it stupid!
    "Privet, privet, privet," he groaned, greeting the new arrivals, brushing snow off his armour. Fed up already with the amount of people, he went to stand in a corner and sharpen his spear.

(( I hope y'all don't mind my use of Russian as Jel :D ))

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
    I say we go on. I may be immortal, but I will not waste my time waiting for lesser beings. If it makes any of you feel better we can leave a sign with nice simple directions. That even their puny simple little minds can comprehend. Anwrise thought of blasting some of these people of the cliff edge but but decided to walked over to the entrance of Alftand and wait before having to kill someone.

D_A

"I understand." These people looked intimidating and Dar'Ja didn't even think about stealing from them. Even if he could possibly kill one of the weaker ones without anyone noticing and stealing there goods, he decided against it. After all he was going to have to learn how to trust these people, if they were going to help each other find this treasure. "Who else are we waiting for?" Dar'Ja asked while seated ignoring a Argonian that greeted him before standing in a corner.

Dar'Ja was quite upset. This would be the first time he had ever worked on an actual "team". Very rarely he worked with one other person to steal something very valuable, but that other person was a truly trusted friend. Dar'Ja had mixed feeling about how this could work.

Valhallrion

Rizzora looked face down at his station of iron, steel, and other earthly minerals. The clash of his loud hammer against the glowing hot armor blocked out all the voices. Sheogorath told him in his dreams that brandishing instruments of death are the only way to rid him of the mad banshee screams that altered concentration. All the skooma den sessions had only temporarally silenced the screams. He was methodical about his smithing work. Every inlay, scallop, and concave section of the armor was improved perfectly. It was meditation for him. Upon his last strike His head wailed with the banshee queen, high pitched and sharp. Oddly enough it would appear to have distracted him from a letter placed on his workbench.

Rizorra had read many letters. But the precursor to seeing this letter had been unusual. He made a gruff look and thought... another Dark brother hood contract... its been too long... and there weren't many of them left. He gruffed and read the letter

To Rizzora,

I am Vahlok Cairn. You know nothing of me and don't need to. I know very much about you however. I have been busy planning a great expedition. This journey is to the depths and reaches of a great and ancient Dwemmer ruin. I have a full team of great warriors, and an assasin. I have been so busy planning out schematics i forgot we will need a quarter master to secure rations, and provide us with sheltering supplies for the course of the mission. Rizzora, I know of your legendary assasin skills as well as your prowess in the art of illusion magic. I will not lie to you we have an assasin already, Dar'ja. I know you will use your skills of the shadow when we need it. I also need you to to make and tempor weapons and armor for the team. Ill be awaiting your arival at the glacial ruins.

Sincerely, Vahlok Cairn

Upon reading the letter Rizzora was angered. How dare i be summoned to a job without promise of lead assasin, he thought. Typical as I am most feared at the potential and highpoint of my life I am asked to to do a unbefitting duty... then again. I have longed to enter the ruins of Blackreach that Vahlok must be speaking of. Rizzora wen't to his armor mannequin and eyed his Red Wolven armor with conserved content. Before he rode off he thought, They better not think they will be getting a set of this armor.

Part II

Rizzora arrived at the ruins early. He wanted to be there and get a good look at his associates. With his wolven armor he could blend in to the snow vlily and swoop in to kill anything he needed to. Once he heard footsteps he channeled an alteration tequnique known to reveal hidden lifeforms and saw more then 4 heading inside a cave. That must be them Rizz thought. Staying in the shadows he jumped down the great hill and landed with a roll. He kept his bow ready for anything unexpected and entered the cave silently. It took over 10 minutes of being in close distance to the company of these others for him to be noticed. Thats exactly what he wanted.

JevtaSRB

Ocato handed several notes to Calcelmo.
    Calcelmo :"Thank you for your assistance in Nchuand-Zel, if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask!"
    At that moment a strange man walked in with a guard, the guard told him something, and he came up to Ocato. His face was shrouded under his hood, he gave him a letter and took of without a word. Moments later a courier ran in and gave him another letter, this one from the College of Winterhold. He opened the first letter and read it.
    Dear Ocato,
    I'm glad you stayed in Markarth long for my letter to arive. I am recruiting a team of skilled adventurers. The best of the best to go through a Dwemer ruin known as Alftand. This ruin holds to gateway to the fabled "Blackreach" deep within. The long lost capital city of the Dwarves, home to a very valuable treasure. An Elder Scroll. Now don't disregard this and go searching on your own, you won't be able to make it to Blackreach without my key. Your expertise in lore and alteration spells would be an invaluable asset on my team. I know you will except due to the nature of the reward, witch is a great prize for mage with a bright future. Meet me in Alftand as soon as you can.
    Yours Sincerely, Vahlok Cairn."
    After he finished reading the letter he turned to Calcelmo and said:"There is one thing you could do for me... can i have a copy of your new book on the Flamer and their language before you publish it?". After a couple of minutes Calcelmo broke the silence :"If it was someone else i wouldn't even have considered it, but you have proven to be trustworthy, so i will give it to you, meet me here in an hour and ill have it". Ocato smiled and said :"Thank you, it means a lot to me".
    He entered the hag's cure and bought 3 hagraven claws and 3 bowls of Spriggan Sap. He returned to understone keep after, it was around 10 am. Clacelmo gave him the book nervously and told him to keep it safe. Ocato quickly left Markarth and took a carriage to Solitude.

Later that day: It was around 5 pm when he knocked on a door of his house in Solitude. His father opened the door and let him in: "Look who decided to pay us a visit." he said to his wife. She replied: "Well this is his house, and we just live here, remember?". - "Mother, Father, i can't stay for very long, i just came to see you and pick up some suplies: Could you make me 3 potions that fortify enchanting and 3 healing potions, i bought you the ingredients for the first ones." She replied: "I already have them in stock, but thanks for the ingredients son. Why didn't you send us a letter so i could prepare something for you to eat?". -"Don't you see that he's in a hurry? What do you need son?". " 3 filled grand soul gems and that old book on Blackreach." -" Why would you ever go searching for a lost city?" said fis father while handing him the book. "A KELL" He said with unseen excitement.
    He took of for Alftand later that evening.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    "First things first, I have no idea how you got that name. But it is dead to me, all else who use it are dead to me, best it be kept that way. I am now Archangel the Watcher." Archangel said this with a mysterious aura starting to surround him. "A brute may I be, but my mind still rules the body, and is far more superior to any mortals, be they mage or bandit." he was grinning beneath the cold iron mask. "And Harr, who needs a map when you have a guide..."

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Silence!" Vahlok hissed at Forgarth, turning to his right as a he noticed a shadowy figure hiding from them. He began to walk over to him and upon closer inspection it appeared to be Rizzora. Vahlok grinned as even more began to arrive "Come in, come in. We shall begin the expedition very soon I assure you all. Now then, Forgarth I want you as far away from Anwrise as possible. Ashley, would you mind scouting ahead a short while? Take some supplies just in case anything happens and we'll be an hour at most. EVERYONE GET READY! We leave within the hour. Whether everyone has arrived or not."

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
    Well that is very good. Said Anwrise to Forgath with a naturally wide smile that showed a row of fangs. I will humor you as well as my self and call you "Archangel" as you wish. Anwrise said with a now neutral face. But Vahlok we are starting to become such good friends. Anwrise said with sarcasm.

Valhallrion

Rizorra rolled his eyes violently. "Well now that we are all buddies... Im sure you are all hungry. We will have our first meal now... I have rations of Horkerloaf and mead for everyone, but don't expect me to serve any of you... if i wanted to be a waiter i would be at the Winking Skeever right now. As we trek deep with in the Gullet of this frosted ruin I shall establish camp and provide with warm clothes. Vahlok let me know if you need a fine weapon brandished. I dont fiddle with daedric weaponry but i have no problem crafting them. As for armor I have heard rumours that Blackreach is Mineral rich and I will be able to put together glass sets for anyone who needs it.

JevtaSRB

Ocato ran into the group outside Alftand, he was winded. "Sorry, i couldn't arrive earlyer, i got delayed: personal matters, a couple of bandits on the road, things like that. Allow me to introduce myself , i'm Ocato, Lormaster, alterationist and enchanter." He was in a rush so he read the letter from the college while on the carrige "Oh, and before i forget, someone stole a book from the College of Winterhold, i have with me another copy of it, we can use that one, but i did hear that the escape was quite impressive, i'll give the book back to Urag after the expedition."

Sid

"What you mean this book. The one and only book I wrote on my journeys through Aftland and Blackreach, with Sinderion. You have a copy." Archangel was starting to get annoyed at the newcomer "So your telling me that stupid Orc created a copy of my book, when it was only really a journey of events, a diary. And it wasn't as much a break in as a, um, retrieval of my property."

JevtaSRB

"Oh, i didn't know you wrote that book, and the one i have isn't owned by the college, it belonged to my grandfather, he was a friend of Sinderion, and he gave it to him, it was made out of the writings from sinderions journal, all Urag specified in the letter was that it was a rare book on Blackreach, i don't know if the content is the same, but you can feel free to take a look, and compare." He then gave his book to Archangel.

D_A

Dar'Ja was starting to get overwhelmed with all of the people that were arriving, he had never worked with a team before. "When are we going inside this...this place" Dar'Ja said not knowing what to call the ruin. He then remembered that Ashley was suppose to be going in for a scout. Dar'Ja walked over to Ashley "Hey, um Ashley right? Well anyway if you need someone to go with you, I can come." Dar'Ja felt like he could trust this Brenton, as if he knew her from a different life.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    ((Shout out to the Uprising. That is all.))

Ashley had grown tired of waiting for this group to start this expedition. She had rejected the food given to her, anxious to start this adventure. The Breton took out her bow and laid it across her shoulders. "Listen, I'm getting really bored really fast. I'm gonna just scout ahead and take a look at this cave see if I can find any traps or something we might run into okay?" Ashley stood up and started down the cave when the Khajiit Dar'Ja offered to go with her. "I don't think I'll really need help, but if you want to come along be my guest." And with that, The Breton and Khajiit team scouted ahead to look for anything that might be dangerous for the group.

JevtaSRB

"I'm eager to join them, have you compared the books yet?" Ocato asked. "Oh, and Urag doesn't need to know anything that happened here?" Ocato was getting tired of waiting, feeling as if he could have spent more time preparing for the journey ahead instead of waiting outside of the ruin.

Sid

Behind his cold, iron mask Forgarth rolled his eyes. "Finally, we're actually going to go somewhere, instead of standing around talking as though we had Tea and Biscuits." As usual he was travelling light, so he didn't bother shouldering any pack, and just had his Katana, the armour on his back and the book.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    As Ashley scouted the strange cave, she looked around, scanning her surroundings. At first, the ruins seemed like anything else you would see in this part of Skyrim. Wooden banisters, some tables, the usual deal. But then came the actual ruin itself. The pathway looked much like other Dwarven structures Ashley had explored in the past, but they still never ceased to amaze her. The old pipes, still in working condition, stuck out of the walls. Not sensing any danger, she sat down by a nearby table, waiting for the rest of the group to catch up. "Well what's this?" Ashley said said to herself. Ashley pushed over a bowl that was partly covering what appeared to be an old journal. She blew the dust off it, inspecting the cover of the book. She opened the book, not seeing any names in it, only notes about the ruins. "Interesting. This could prove to be very useful." Ashley said, pocketing the book. "Now to wait for the rest of them."

D_A

Dar'Ja continued to look in the direction that Ashley and he came from. "I hope they get here soon, I am eager to find this treasure, I wonder what it is..exactly" Dar'Ja knew that they were looking for some type of box, but he wondered what was in it. And for once, he wondered how many would actually come out alive of these ruins. He mostly didn't care about others, but this all seemed so strange to him. " This place seems, strange, all of these pipes everywhere. It amazing how such an acient civilization could do all of these things. They must of been filled with knowledge." Now Dar'Ja looked at Ashley, "So tell me about yourself Ashley? What do you do for a living?"