PC Disable error message, help modders?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

siggy

I want help in creating a mod.

The message below occurs when you try to load a saved game that was saved with mods and have since been uninstalled.
"This save relies on content that is no longer available."

I want this message to be skipped with no interaction from the user.
I just want the game to try to load my savedgame regardless of what mods are missing.

I had a brief look in SCK and the closest thing I found is just an entry in game settings called:
'sSaveGameContentIsMissing'
There is no binary value attached to this, you can edit the error text but that's it.

Help...

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You should contact the mod creator(s).

Where did you get the mods and how did you install and uninstall them?

siggy

Sorry Dagmar, I should've been more clear. I need help in creating a mod to bypass the error message so the game attempts to load saves regardless of what mods are missing. Thanks for your attention though.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You may want to post in the Skyrim Mods forum too.

The reason I asked where you got your past mods from is because I get mine from Nexus and download, install and uninstall them with the Nexus Mod Manager application and whatever it does, I never get that message when I uninstall any mod.

siggy

^I get mine from nexus as well and I install them manually. I like to know exactly what goes in so I can keep my hard disk clean. It seems that this may've been the wrong strategy since I'm getting the error and you're not. I just downloaded the mod manager. I may have to reinstall Skyrim and all my mods, since now I have to do it through NMM.

Thanks for the tip, fingers crossed!

siggy

Well I didn't reinstall Skyrim, but I did install Nexus Mod Manager then installed all my mods through that. I then ran Skyrim and loaded a savedgame but I still get that annoying error message. I'll post in the mods forum..

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts