• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
I play on master, but don't wear the highest rated armour or weapons, I wear what I think is a balance of reasonable to wear and looking good. I stopped picking up potions, I take what I make. That hasn't always gone to plan.
Query: I have only tried Master once and died immediately (of course, to be fair the same is true on Legendary and even Adept for me). How on Nirn do you survive!
best thing to do is to start on novice, then once you feel somfortable scale it up and so on, once you've done that try starting another play through on a harder setting, if it's to hard just back it down and try again later on in the game. I will say this on legendary the spiders in the begining cave 1 shot you so i advice using magic or using the bow, try to get a sneak shot and back away so the others dont see you, same can be done if you decide to be a sneaky character later on as well.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I play on master, but don't wear the highest rated armour or weapons, I wear what I think is a balance of reasonable to wear and looking good. I stopped picking up potions, I take what I make. That hasn't always gone to plan.
Query: I have only tried Master once and died immediately (of course, to be fair the same is true on Legendary and even Adept for me). How on Nirn do you survive!

I started a long time ago with other elder scrolls games and have increased the difficulty as I've gone on. As for now - I don't stand still in a fight.

There are many other games out there I can't play on easy level - Witcher 2 for example, I can't play 3rd person view with any more than minimal success.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
best thing to do is to start on novice, then once you feel somfortable scale it up and so on, once you've done that try starting another play through on a harder setting, if it's to hard just back it down and try again later on in the game. I will say this on legendary the spiders in the begining cave 1 shot you so i advice using magic or using the bow, try to get a sneak shot and back away so the others dont see you, same can be done if you decide to be a sneaky character later on as well.
Good advice.

Daelon DuLac

I started a long time ago with other elder scrolls games and have increased the difficulty as I've gone on. As for now - I don't stand still in a fight.

There are many other games out there I can't play on easy level - Witcher 2 for example, I can't play 3rd person view with any more than minimal success.
I can't play well on first person. No peripheral vision. I prefer 3rd person.

berzum

I prefer 1st person view, 3rd person is fun too, only problem i have with third person is hitting my enemy.

ZeroDragon

I prefer 1st person view, 3rd person is fun too, only problem i have with third person is hitting my enemy.

I know what you mean about hitting an enemy, or not as the case may be, but I mistime corners running/riding/driving in 3rd person as well.

berzum

I know what you mean about hitting an enemy, or not as the case may be, but I mistime corners running/riding/driving in 3rd person as well.
when im near a corner or a good hiding place i generaly switch to third person to make sure the are is clear so i can sneak by or to make sure enemy is back to, that way i get a nice sneak kill

Daelon DuLac

Mines the opposite. I can't find my enemy if it's first person, making it very difficult for me to hit them! I move a lot in melee and like to be able to see all around me. I realize it's not realistic, but, hey, too bad. :)

ZeroDragon

Mines the opposite. I can't find my enemy if it's first person, making it very difficult for me to hit them! I move a lot in melee and like to be able to see all around me. I realize it's not realistic, but, hey, too bad. :)

I wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned about the lack of realism, there are times when I wish I could play like that, but it just leads to flailing weapons and my character dying.

Daelon DuLac

I wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned about the lack of realism, there are times when I wish I could play like that, but it just leads to flailing weapons and my character dying.
At least, when I flail, I flail for blood! Flailing is one of my most deadly attack techniques (only used in an emergency though!). Usually I just prefer to sneak up behind them and slit their throats. :)

Daelon DuLac

Flailing works wonders, though on mages it can be tricky or with the forsworn archers, they always seem to poke me and try to stun me, and don't try to flail the greybeards, i tried once and they shouted me off a cliff.
I'm actually finding wall spells very useful with the foreswarn. Archers I can take out with chain lightning, but it takes some doing for the actual melee fighters and briarhearts. Walls take 'em down right quick!

Daelon DuLac

all this skyrim talk has me itching to play again, think i may, if no one heres from me for several weeks, chances are I've become obsessed again and am not eating and maybe using epmty bottles for other uses:Dragonborn:
You should be fun when TESO comes out. We'll never be able to get away from you!

Ciocal Gricenchos

Cichol Grigenchosach
I stay in first person because I'm an immersion freak. :D

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I switch to first person during combat but use third person for lollygagging around. It's hard enough hitting things in first person without trying to judge distance properly in 3rd.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Well I'll be hornswoggled. I went into the settings menu to fiddle with the brightness and music and discovered I've been playing on Expert. I must have turned it up during my last play through. Gonna go back to Adept and see how well I do. If I start mopping the floor with everything I may just go back to Expert.

Sparky04

I like third person to scout things out and first person to fight. Wrathion's really the only character in which I can fight in 3rd person. I absolutely have to fight in 1st person with Cora, especially when using my bow. As to difficulty I've recently went up to expert and am gonna stay with that for a while.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I've recently started playing Skyrim again, starting a new game. Been playing on expert since I went into the keep at Helgen, I'm at level 11 I think now.

I'm not doing too bad, I'll die every now and then but most times I can hold my own. I'm actually doing better than I thought, since I'm only using an Imperial sword and Penitus Oculatus armor. Which is the same rating as Imperial light armor, so I'm still running around with tutorial gear basically. I may bump it up to Master when I'm higher level and got good enchantments.

I can only fight in first person also, have done since Oblivion. If I fight in third person, I'm swinging like a mad man. Also since I'm on expert every hit and dodge counts, so I can't afford to mess up a fight.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I've recently started playing Skyrim again, starting a new game. Been playing on expert since I went into the keep at Helgen, I'm at level 11 I think now.

I'm not doing too bad, I'll die every now and then but most times I can hold my own. I'm actually doing better than I thought, since I'm only using an Imperial sword and Penitus Oculatus armor. Which is the same rating as Imperial light armor, so I'm still running around with tutorial gear basically. I may bump it up to Master when I'm higher level and got good enchantments.

I can only fight in first person also, have done since Oblivion. If I fight in third person, I'm swinging like a mad man. Also since I'm on expert every hit and dodge counts, so I can't afford to mess up a fight.

Where did you get the Penitus Oculatus armour at low levels? I dont mind the look of that...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts