• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

did you pirate skyrim?

• Total voters

Tekniko

Originally I did to try the game. Then I started running into too many bugs with 1.0 as well as I started falling in love with the game. I wanted the box on my shelf of games and the continual updates so I bought it.

Farmhand82

Ah this thread is a great illustration of why the gaming industry is going to crap where all you get are the creativity dead blockbusters, usually fps games, over and over. Any company with narrow profit margins tend to go under, leaving just the big guys who skimp every way they can, have brand recognition, and market to a wide casual market rather than any niche groups. The reason we payers get so annoyed is we are tired of paying for you leeches through plopstier games, higher prices and awesome niche developers going out of business. If you got enjoyment out of the game, pay for the damn thing. Stop making this or that bullplops excuse and dressing it up as some kind of political statement. If you actually want to make a statement, don't play the game. As is you just look like the self entitled tools who want everyone else to support the games that you spend your time playing.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Ah this thread is a great illustration of why the gaming industry is going to crap where all you get are the creativity dead blockbusters, usually fps games, over and over. Any company with narrow profit margins tend to go under, leaving just the big guys who skimp every way they can, have brand recognition, and market to a wide casual market rather than any niche groups. The reason we payers get so annoyed is we are tired of paying for you leeches through plopstier games, higher prices and awesome niche developers going out of business. If you got enjoyment out of the game, pay for the damn thing. Stop making this or that bullplops excuse and dressing it up as some kind of political statement. If you actually want to make a statement, don't play the game. As is you just look like the self entitled tools who want everyone else to support the games that you spend your time playing.

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif
BRAVO SIR

Pingu

a.k.a Charlie Goodvibes
There is no difference. You are taking something that isn't yours illegally. You are breaking the law, you are stealing. I don't care if the PS3 version sucked for you. It doesn't make it okay to obtain the PC version through illegal methods.
They might not be different from a moral standpoint, though that is open to speculation and often case specific. (For instance; can one steal a loaf of bread if dying from hunger.) In this case they definately aren't morally different since noones life depends on something as trivial as a videogame, meaning you are correct: They are the same from a moral standpoint. However, when I said they are different I was reffering to the nature of the act in which they are. I did not claim that the PS3 version being inadequate was an acceptable excuse for me to be pirating their product. Heck.., I even specifically mentioned that in my post and explained that it was just a chain of events that lead me to pirate the PC version for which I take full responsibility. I may be a ''pirate'', but I am not a hypocrite.

Dallas-Arbiter

I bought Skyrim, well my Grandpa gave me the money. He isn't all there anymore, and thinks I'm still a child so he gave me some money for Christmas last year, I took the money and I went right out and got Skyrim.

The only game I illegally downloaded was Fallout 2, I was going to buy the fallout 1/2 combo pack, after Fallout 3 came out, but I was too late. It had been pulled off the shelves. I couldn't find it for sale anywhere, so I downloaded it for free.

It was a good thing I did that though, when my last video card burned out, I was flat broke. Fallout 2 ran great on the motherboard's integrated video chip, so I played it every day for 2 months. It got me through.

Panthera

Don Gato
I wonder where all those saints coming from?

The thread says:

answer the poll and state your reason for yes/no

So I don't know why do you saints always go blaming people who admit that they pirated game for giving excuses and justifying their act?

People are just answering the question... why do you even bother to go offensive and moralize trying to make them feel guilty? That is non of your business. Don't you think what matters is that your own conscience is clean?

Yes, I did a Pirate Trial when it first came out, to see if the leveling system was an improvement on Oblivion (Which I couldn't get into) but then bought it on disk, and a DL from Steam when I found they'd eliminated everthing I hated about the previous title (Sleeping to level, and fairly rigid Class/Skill restrictions.) I do the same thing with music, and movies. If I like it, I'll pay for the whole album/dvd along with liner notes, and extras for my collection. I don't waste money on stuff that sucks because I bought before I tried it, any more. I only really have a problem with pirating, and continuing to listen to/watch/play something to jerk the artists out of their royalties/profits. If it was released online, free of charge, I usually donate to acts I support (Such as Yello, The Shizit/Rabbit Junk, and Cyanotic, to name a few.). Why? I want them to keep doing what they're doing, which is tough if nobody pays them for it. (Except the first guy to copy it for everbody else.)

Duon

Graphic Designer
No; Bethesda deserves the money, by far I've gotten more enjoyment out of there games then any other game developer out their. Been playing TES since Morrowind and also invested a good 400-500 hours in fallout 3... :)

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I wonder where all those saints coming from?

The thread says:

answer the poll and state your reason for yes/no

So I don't know why do you saints always go blaming people who admit that they pirated game for giving excuses and justifying their act?

People are just answering the question... why do you even bother to go offensive and moralize trying to make them feel guilty? That is non of your business. Don't you think what matters is that your own conscience is clean?

Who said we are being Saints? There's nothing moral about it. It's called breaking the law, no matter who one tries to sugar coat it. And they make it our business when it's posted on a public forum on the internet. No one said they had to answer the poll and post in the thread. They are opening themselves up for ridicule.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Stealing is stealing. I don't care if it is only one game. hundreds think the same thing, and if you can't afford to buy a game, you obviously don't need it.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I'm no goodie two shoes when it comes to piracy. I admit that I pirated Skyrim to see if I like the game or not. I realize how much I truly like the game and decided that I was going to buy a legal copy of Skyrim. The cheapest site that I could find was at newegg.com. Not only did I buy the game, I also bought the Guidebook to show my loyalty and contribution for the company.

After I got my legal copy in the mail I deleted all traces of the pirated game, even my save games I had to delete because it came from a pirated version. So yeah I had to start OVER and start from the beginning .

I would've never pirated the game if Bethesda had a demo release of Skyrim available for us to download for free. As of matter of fact they had no plan to ever release a demo version in the first place
There Won't Be A Skyrim Demo - News -
Home -
Home - www.GameInformer.com

Notgnimer

Mermaid.
Call it what you will...but...I don't really care if there is no Bethesda? I know it sounds cold, but I would rather prioritize that 60 dollars towards something else, like charity...than a video game.

You can call me a thief...among other things...doesn't really matter. If there were no video games AT ALL, I would think...oh ok...and just continue my day.

For example some of you guys think it is completely illogical to spend 500 dollars on a purse, but for me...it is more than just a bag that "holds things". It comes down to priorities, some people have a certain threshold for certain things. A video game is just not worth 60 dollars, if it was 30 it would make more sense to me.

Read the second sentence. Are you saying you donate money to charity? Just stop, please. Your making yourself look dumb. As well as using more advanced words to sound better. Nice try, pirating is pirating, so go get a job and some class while you're at it.

#swag

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I Bought it on 11/11/11 for the xbox and paid for it agan when it went on sale in Steam

Nick_Tbolt

Justifiable or not, if you download the game illegally that is breaking the law. Period! No matter your reasons for doing it, you broke the law and there is no going around that, and you can't justify it, illegal is illegal.

Notgnimer

Mermaid.
Right now, there are 19 votes for the game being pirated. 19x60=1140. $1140. Just from this site and this poll alone.did you pirate skyrim_ _ Page 13 _ Skyrim Forums.png

Panthera

Don Gato
There is no difference. You are taking something that isn't yours illegally. You are breaking the law, you are stealing. I don't care if the PS3 version sucked for you. It doesn't make it okay to obtain the PC version through illegal methods.
Your comment is unreasonable. You sound like Oblivion guard!

Right now, there are 19 votes for the game being pirated. 19x60=1140. $1140. Just from this site and this poll alone.View attachment 1859
Make that 20, but I pirated it first, then payed for it twice (The second was discounted, so the total was about $100). The point is, the price would come down if everyone who played payed. You're not just stealing from Bethesda Softworks, who has employees they have to pay for the works of art you're enjoying for months, but driving up the price for those of us who do pay for it, and also making it a $60 game so you can justify not wanting to pay for it. I think I can sum up my opinion of that with 1 finger. Ah hell, I've got two of them, so how 'bout I cut you a deal. Forget the law, forget morality, let me put it in purely sociopathic egocentric terms for you. You're the reasons it costs sixty bucks, for all of us. Blaming the price for not paying it is the kind of self deluding circular logic that gets serial killers, and child molesters to sleep at night.

Panthera

Don Gato
Who said we are being Saints? There's nothing moral about it. It's called breaking the law, no matter who one tries to sugar coat it. And they make it our business when it's posted on a public forum on the internet. No one said they had to answer the poll and post in the thread. They are opening themselves up for ridicule.

You do... acting like police here, like you never broke a law?

You never cross the street when it was red light? ...don't give me excuses there was no traffic... the law is a law and you broke it.

You see it's easy to be unreasonable.

Nobody is sugar coating... ok maybe some of them, but all of them are saying their own reasons why they did it. It's just a discussion.

But all you see are excuses and then go attacking with guilty and stuff, trying to reeducate... like you can change society. Wake up! The world we live is not the in roses, there are much grave criminal acts in the world than pirating game! Making big deal of it like world will collapse... grown up!

(That is for all, not just for you personally)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts