• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FullmetalHeart20

Now, something I'm sure not many people think about. When you get the chance to take Wuuthrad for yourself, do you? It could be any reason. Respect, disgust, you already have a better axe. Personally I dislike it's particular 'efficiency' against elves, and it's name means elf grinder. It's a weapon of genocide, and I'd have loved the option to sunder it a second time.

I'm a High Elf, so no. But even if I wasn't, I wouldn't have much use for it anyway, as I don't use two-handed weapons. It does look pretty though, so I have it perched on a stand in Breezehome.

MOROKEI

I actually thought quite a bit about this as well. I left the axe in the tomb, simply because I felt that it was indeed a weapon of genocide and that, since it had been reforged, it would be better and more fitting to end its career of bloodshed and destruction by leaving it in the tomb to gather dust until the ending of the world. Plus, I thought that its rightful place was alongside the body of its true wielder, Ysgramor.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
Out of respect I left it at the base of Ysgramor statue, so that weapon can be left intact to it's true wielder. Well that and I had a better weapon at the time.

KritikalPT

Considering my orc's love of killing anything that moves, I took it. I'm sure Ysgramor wouldn't mind to know that his axe would be used to kill more elves.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
I dropped it in a cage to let it rust for eternity for I detest this weapons of hateful destruction.

Ji'Dar

Khajiit Archer
I however love elves, so I knew what I had to do... toss it down a waterfall.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
It usually goes on display in my house. But I have dusted it off a time or two to thin out the Thalmor population.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
My Nord berserker used it for some time while exploring Dwemer ruins, or in case he ran across any free mobile elven armor

Urzek

Characters in skyrim suffers from economic and financial problems too y'know. So i sold it and bought myself a dozen of sweet roll and couple of ale. Heaven!

Lycan Supremacy

Freelancer of Tamriel
I didn't bother keeping the axe my first time around but perhaps this time if I decide to be apart of the companions I'll keep it as a memento.

PrisonerLizzie

As my character has a hate/hate relationship with the elves and an absolute reverence for all things Companions she took Wuuthrad home and placed it in the semi shrine she had built out of Skor's armor and Ysgramor's shield after I found out that I wouldn't be able to place it in it's proper place in Jorrvaskr.

I keep meaning to mount it in my house in my redguard save, but right now it's just wasting space in my inventory

Benthos

Proud Mer
I'm an Argonian, if any reason to focus on anything it'd be assassin/thief mainly, no use for clunky, two handed weaponry but I do prefer axes over all weapons. War Axes specifically since they dish out the damage and I like the deadliness, not that swords and maces aren't nasty, it's just a preference. I'll just let it rest in my home's display case.

JoeReese

I took it back off the statue in the tomb, used it a couple of times and could barely kill a mudcrab with it, and decided to put it back. Unfortunately, the statue won't hold it now, and neither will that display are in Jorrvaskr, so it's in a drawer at home.

As far as tools of genocide go...meh. I find it difficult to compare the Thalmor, for example, with harmless victims of widespread murder. For every innocent individual they kidnap, imprison, torture, or worse, I will do my best to kill five of them.