Did they patch the random vampire attacks and that secret traveler NPC that kills other NPC's?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Archer

I don't feel comfortable saving anymore out of fear that NPC's are being killed every time I stay in a town of an extended period of time. Takes the fun out of the game having to worry about things like this. The odd dragon killing a quest giver was bad enough.

The random vampire attacks and the mysterious traveler have to be the worst additions to the game and my only real complaint.

Adam Warlock

I don't feel comfortable saving anymore out of fear that NPC's are being killed every time I stay in a town of an extended period of time. Takes the fun out of the game having to worry about things like this. The odd dragon killing a quest giver was bad enough.

The random vampire attacks and the mysterious traveler have to be the worst additions to the game and my only real complaint.
Kill Harkon and the Travelers/Random attacks will stop.

Right after downloading Dawnguard , I had a bug that blocked the DLC main quest at Chasing Echoes but I kept playing for a while anyway.

Many, many NPC deaths occured during this period due to the vampires.

When I finally had to load a pre-Dawnguard save in order to break the blocked quest , I tried to go straight through to the finale with Harkon.

By avoiding other quests and not making many side trips during this , only a couple of guards and ONE named NPC died in attacks. In my case , Pantea Ateia was decapped by a Master Vampire in Solitude when I stopped there to unload some Heavy Falmer armor.

With the pressure off , I was able to return to the Dawnguard radiant and side quests with more peace of mind.

Adam Warlock

I too have a problem with a scenario that puts the citizens in such mortal danger because the Dragonborn decides to fight against the vampires.
The least Bethesda could have done would be preventing foolhardy level 6-10 characters from engaging in combat with such high level enemies. Even the children know enough to run away

Archer

Oh okay thanks for responding. Yeah I read somewhere (yahoo i think?) that the vampire attacks stop once the main story is completed, wasn't sure if that included the mysterious traveler or not. I also heard that blotting out the sun will cause the random vampire attacks and the traveler to start reappearing and killing off NPC's again.

Have Bethesda confirmed all of this though?

ThatOtherGuy

They can be annoying but I finished the quest line and decided to kill NPCs for my own amusement. It's a bit hypocritical but still I rather kill the NPCs myself and have some fun then worry about some random vampire attack killing everybody.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts