• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Friday is My Day!

- Middas, 24th of Heartfire, 4E 201

I would have written sooner, but my limbs have been so weak. I'm lucky I didn't lose my life though. Thank Talos for that.

Last Middas, I set out to retrieve Amren's family sword from a group of bandits north of Whiterun. I approached their camp in the early hours of the day and spotted four bandits guarding the entrance to a mine. I carefully chose my shot and landed an arrow in an unsuspecting Khajit. It wasn't enough to bring him down, but it did a good amount of damage.

I attempted a follow-up shot, but missed by a long shot. The four bandits then spotted me and attacked. Two stayed back taking shots at me with their bows, while the other two rushed me. One Khajit warrior and one Dunmer mage. It only took a single arrow to down the Khajit, but the Dunmer wasn't going down without a fight.

I managed to hit him with an arrow just before he sent volt after volt after volt through my body with a lightning spell. I loathe magic. It always seems to completely ignore whatever armor I'm wearing! Although I don't exactly enjoy being struck in the side with war axes, I'd much rather take that than be burnt or frozen to death. No wonder people here hate magic so much!

He eventually ran out of Magicka and unsheathed his dagger. This was a fight I could win. With what little health I had left, I pulled out my steel and orcish daggers and slashed every which way until he finally dropped. I retreated behind a rock to drink a health potion, then filled my final assailants full of arrows. I was surprised at the lack of skill on their part.

I attempted to cast my Muffle spell before entering the mine, but I just couldn't. I suppose I just didn't have enough Magicka. I proceeded into the mine with caution, sticking to the shadows whenever possible. I narrowly avoided a pressure plate that would have most likely been the death of me. Thank Talos for my keen perception!

Not long after avoiding the trap, I came across a Nord in iron armor mining what looked to be iron ore. I managed to hit him with two arrows before he discovered me. I dodged a blow from his mace and retreated towards the entrance to try and hit him with another arrow. During this attempt, I accidentally triggered the pressure plate. I dove toward the door to evade whatever sinister trap I had triggered.

I turned around and watched as a group of five or six boulders rained down on the Nord. I could hear his bones snap and he was done. Wow! The trap that had almost killed me earlier ended up saving me. What irony!

I looted a key from the bandit's body and used it on a rusty metal door that was locked with quite an exotic looking lock. I didn't dare to waste my lock picks on the contraption. I proceeded into a dimly lit room with three bandits and a dead mammoth carcass. A Redguard was sharpening a sword to cut the meat from the mammoth, an Argonian was pacing back and forth near an arcane enchanter, and an intimidating Orc in a set of large steel plate armor sat on a rather large chair near a chest. I assumed him to be the leader.

I took a moment to assess my options. I was outnumbered and there were really no places of greater height in which I could've retreated to in case of an emergency. I pulled back an arrow and hoped for the best. The arrow struck the Redguard's neck and he fell to the ground, gasping for air.

His friends rushed to his aid, but to no avail. I sunk two arrows into the Argonian before her and the Orc took notice of me. I began to retreat to the entrance of the mine when the Argonian blasted me with ice. I could hardly move, then the Orc struck me with his warhammer. I could feel the bones in my arm shatter to a million pieces. I pretended to be dead, praying to Talos that the Orc wouldn't strike me again, but I wasn't so lucky. He slammed his mighty hammer into my leg and I fought my hardest to hold back a scream of blistering pain. He and the Argonian then left me for dead.

Once I was sure they had abandoned me, I got up and limped all the way to Whiterun. Luckily I didn't encounter any sabre cats. Talos knows I couldn't have survived an attack by one of those beasts in the condition I was in.

I spent the last week in bed at the Bannered Mare giving my limbs ample time to heal themselves.Today, I finally felt the strength return to them and I immediately spoke to Amren. I apologized for not being able to return his family's sword, and that I probably wasn't going to make another attempt for it until my skills improved. He completely understood and told me he was done being a coward and would go after the sword himself. I quickly rejected his idea and told him he couldn't risk leaving his family fatherless.

"Well, you must have a family! Yet you still took the risk!" he said. I told him about my family and my last night in Valenwood.

"I'm so sorry. Imperials? In Valenwood? Hmm, that's rather strange. Well, my parents were murdered by the Thalmor back in Hammerfell. I was just a boy when it happened. I managed to recover my father's sword from the ashes of my home though. That's why it's so important to me. You understand, don't you?" he asked. I agreed, then asked him what the Thalmor was. He was shocked that a Wood Elf, born and raised in Valenwood, didn't know who the Thalmor were. He told me that the Thalmor were High Elven supremacists who rout out the worship of Talos wherever they go.

"They prance around in their fancy armor with their fancy weapons, killing innocent people for believing in something they don't. The Thalmor are cruel, unforgiving murderers who want nothing more than to wipe all men off of Nirn." he spat at me in disgust. I told him not to go after his sword and just give me some time to improve my skills. He obliged and we parted ways.

Now I'm sitting on the shore of a stream outside the gates of Whiterun. Maybe my parents weren't killed by Imperials after all. The cold-blooded murderers Amren described the Thalmor as matched my parents' killers exactly. Fancy armor, fancy weapons, routing out the worship of Talos.

Yes, the murder of my parents were not at the hands of the Imperial Legion. No, they were at the hands of the Thalmor. I'll continue to investigate the Thalmor and see if I can find their order of operations in Skyrim. With Talos as my witness, I will not rest peacefully until one of my arrows has pierced a Thalmor agent's heart.

Thomas Liu

tyl089
Thank you so much for the stories. Was starting to miss Big Wooly and then you came along.

just whatever you do, don't buy a horse!! Complete waste of gold especially when you can get them for free.

Friday is My Day!

Thank you so much for the stories. Was starting to miss Big Wooly and then you came along.

just whatever you do, don't buy a horse!! Complete waste of gold especially when you can get them for free.

I don't plan on it, it's much more fun just to walk around and explore! I think we all miss Hrisskar! Wooly's journal was just so great. I'm glad you're enjoying my story :)

Another fantastic entry sir. You help entertain me while I am at work, so for this, I am forever in your debt. :)

Friday is My Day!

- Middas, 24th of Heartfire, 4E 201

Something rather peculiar happened today. After finishing my last entry, I abandoned the stream and began hunting south of Whiterun. Before I knew it, I had wandered into the little village of Riverwood. I stopped by The Sleeping Giant Inn to chat with Delphine then replenished my supply of arrows from Alvor. We talked a bit about the bounties I did during my time in Whiterun. He said he used to be a bounty hunter himself, before he married Sigrid. It did not surprise me too much that Alvor used to clear bounties. In fact, I imagine he was quite the warrior back in his day.

I hunted in the lush forests of Falkreath hold for a few hours, then ventured to Falkreath itself about midday. Upon entering the city, a guard approached me and asked if I had seen a dog wandering the outskirts of the city. I told him I hadn't and he asked me to keep a lookout for one. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind having a dog myself. It would be nice to have a fierce, loyal beast to accompany me on my hunts. Maybe I'll invest in one someday.

I bought a set of steel arrows from Lod, Falkreath's blacksmith, and travelled west. I had yet to hunt in this region, but I was hoping it would be teeming with game just like the east half of Falkreath hold. Not long into my hunt, I stumbled upon a dirt path that branched off from the stone road. I withdrew my bow and followed the path cautiously, preparing myself for whatever lied ahead.

I passed a pitch-black pool of water as I crept down the path. I stared at it for a moment, wondering why the water was black, or if it was even water at all. I discarded the pond from my mind and decided it must have been the lighting. The forests of Falkreath hold are quite dark, I must say, but what I found up ahead could not be so easily discarded. At the end of the path was a mysterious door displaying a carving of a skull. I was terrified. I approached the door carefully, fully expecting something to jump out at me. I don't know what, but I just felt so... vulnerable.

I reached out to the door, and it whispered to me in a spine-tingling voice, "What is the music of life?" I was completely horrified. I spun around and ran all the way to Falkreath. A guard asked me why I was so breathless, but I told him I was running from a bear. I didn't think it'd be a very good idea to tell him what I had seen. He'd probably think I was crazy. Maybe I am crazy.

I think it'd be best if I just forgot about the black pond and the mysterious door. I don't know what kind of treachery is going on behind that door, nor do I want to. Maybe a few hours of sleep will help clear my head, since the four bottles of ale has yet to. I'll probably feel the after-effects of those in the morning, but right now, I don't care. All I care about now is this bed.

Friday is My Day!

- Turdas, 2nd of Frostfall, 4E 201

The past week has been rough, but I think I have finally turned it around. I awoke early in the morning last Turdas and picked up a bounty from Valga, the innkeeper of Dead Man's Drink in Falkreath. The jarl wanted a group of bandits camped in the mountains to the west taken care of, and I was happy to do just that for him.

I ate a quick bite of venison then hit the road. I didn't run into too much trouble on the way, but I ended up veering off of the main road and losing myself in the woods. That was the second time I'd lost myself in western Falkreath hold. I really need to get my bearings straight in that region!

After about an hour of wandering, a Frostbite Spider popped out of nowhere and ambushed me. I tried to retreat, but the vile creature had already latched on to me and was sinking its venomous fangs into my body. It finally released me and I blacked out. I woke up hours later in Dead Man's Drink. I was astonished. I asked Valga how I ended up back at the inn and she told me a hunter by the name of Valdr heard my screams carried me all the way back to Falkreath. Another hunter saved my life, but this time, I knew who. I made it my top priority to thank him when I regained my strength.

After about a week of lying in bed, the fang wound on my chest healed over and I was ready to hunt once again. I asked Valga on my way out of Dead Man's Drink if she knew where Valdr was, but she said he'd headed out on a hunting trip with a pair of friends. Perhaps I'd run into them on my way to the bandit camp!

I purchased a brand new sheathe of orcish arrows from Lod and ventured west. I reached the camp about midday and scouted the area. A large, wooden tower in which one bandit scouted the area from stood firm at the entrance of the camp, a blacksmith's forge sat near a wooden shack, about five to ten bedrolls laid in a circle around a campfire, and a pair of doors led into a nearby canyon. There was the bandit on the tower, a bandit tending the forge, and three or four bandits sleeping in their bedrolls around the campfire. What kind of bandits sleep during that time of day?

"Perhaps this won't be much of a challenge at all." I whispered to myself. I readied an orcish arrow and sent it soaring towards the bandit on the tower. It pierced his skull and his lifless carcass fell from the tower. Although it was quite the site to see, his fall was also unfortunate as it alerted the bandit at the forge. It took two or three arrows to down her since I wasn't able to catch her off guard, but she still went down nonetheless. Unfortunately, her death awoke the rest of the bandits. They searched for me with fury in their eyes. I was outnumbered four to one, but on the other hand, all four of them were lightly armored. Two weren't even wearing shirts!

I searched the surrounding area for a place of greater height and found one. To the east, about twenty paces away was a collection of rocks. I could have hit them with as many arrows as I could send their way until they discovered me, then retreat to the rocks. I followed my plan exactly and soon I had killed four more bandits. I've realized that defending yourself from people is no different than defending yourself from animals. Catch them off guard with a few arrows, then retreat to a position of greater height. It's a strategy my father tought me, and his father tought him.

I entered the pair of doors quietly and surveyed the room. It was rather tight, and a Redguard in a full set of steel armor sat in a chair near a chest at the far end of the room. A giant orcish warhammer leaned against the wall beside him. Figures. It seems like all the bandit leaders these days use warhammers.

I readied an arrow and pulled back my bow string. I took a deep breath and aimed slightly above the man. I released the string and the arrow took flight. It touched down at the bandit's neck and he screamed in pain, but he didn't fall to the floor gasping for air like most people who have an arrow through their neck do. Instead, he simply yanked the arrow from his neck and threw it to the ground. I was astonished. What kind of man can just pull an arrow from his neck without even the slightest flinch?

I shot another arrow at him and it bounced right off his armor. This time, he knew where the arrow came from. He knew that I'd sent the arrow into his neck. All that was on his mind at that moment was crushing me. He picked up his hammer and charged at me with unrelenting speed. I managed to dive out of harm's way, but my bow slipped from my fingers and was lying on the dirt. The Redguard kicked it and it slid further away. My strongest weapon, gone. I was fighting an unfair fight and it was too late to run.

I unsheathed my daggers and dodged another blow from his hammer of death. His armor and hammer slowed him down immensely. I was much quicker than him and used that to my advantage. I quickly ran behind him as he slammed his hammer into the ground. I jumped on his back and shoved both of my daggers into his neck. He dropped his hammer and slung me off of him, gasping for air. I slammed into the dirt wall and watched as he fell to his knees, blood pouring from his neck. After at least a minute of suffering, he finally laid still, floating in a pool of his own blood.

I am so relieved. Another bounty, complete. I found an orcish bow with a shock enchantment, a garnet, and 47 septims in the leader's chest. Although I'll miss the frost enchantment on my wooden bow, I think it would be best if I sold it and kept the orcish one. The bandits have quite a lot of gear here, but soon it will all be in the possession of the shopkeepers in Falkreath.

I can't help but feel I got lucky today. Talos has continued to save me time and time again. I will be forever in his debt. Soon, the blood of a Thalmor agent will be spilt in your honor, Talos. It may not be enough to completely fulfil my debt to you, but it is the least I can do. For now, anyways.

Friday is My Day!

- Fredas, 3rd of Frostfall, 4E 201

Today has been rather mundane, but I really want to write about my encounter with my newest companion. I awoke at my usual time of about 6 A.M. and hauled as much valuables from the bandit camp to Falkreath as I could carry. Not long after setting out, I heard a commotion nearby. It sounded like animals struggling. I ran towards the animals to find a single dog fighting off a pack of three wolves. The dog managed to defeat one of the wolves, but the other two were still gnawing at him. He wasn't going to last much longer without some assistance.

I drew back an arrow and sent it towards one of the wolves. It pierced its skull and the wolf dropped in an instant. The dog managed to finish off the final wolf without my help, then charged at me. I had just saved this canine's life, and now it was going to betray me. It knocked me down with incredible force and began licking my face feverishly. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. It finally let me up and I fed it some venison I'd gotten from a deer I downed earlier.

"What's your name, boy? Do you have a master?" I asked. It barked and just sat there, wagging its tail. "I'll take that as I no. How about you accompany me? Would you like that?" I asked. It barked again, tongue hanging from its mouth. "I'll call you... Endras, after my father. He was a great hunter, and I'm sure you wll be too." I told the dog.

Endras and I ventured to Falkreath where I sold the bandits' weaponry, armor, and food to the shopkeepers. I told Endras to wait outside the jarl's longhouse so I could pick up my bounty from the steward, Nenya. Upon leaving, Endras was not where I had left him. I panicked. I searched every inch of Falkreath, but there was no sign of him. I asked all the guards if they had seen him, but they were no help. Now I'm back at the bandit camp, alone. I'll sell the rest of the bandits' things tomorrow, then head back the spot where I saved Endras and search for him. We only spent half an hour together, but I already miss him. It is a lot harder out here with no one to keep you company.

Friday is My Day!

- Loredas, 4th of Frostfall, 4E 201

I arose this morning and made my final trip from the bandit camp to Falkreath. On my way there, I searched the area I saved Endras at for him, but had no luck. Maybe he'll return someday. I sure hope so.

I sold the remaining bandit gear in Falkreath then had a drink at the inn. A man named Thadgeir asked me to deliver his long-time friend's ashes to the local Priest of Arkay, Runil. I happily ran the errand for him, then Runil asked me for a favor. He misplaced his journal in a mine just west of Riverwood and asked me to retrieve it.

It turns out the mine Runil lost his journal in was the same mine I had cleared out about a month ago. Unfortunately, a new band of brigands called the mine home, so I still had a fight on my hands. I picked off each bandit one by one, stealthily and silently. The Dwarven arrows I purchased from Lod were really doing the trick. They are much sturdier than the meager iron arrows I originally used when I cleared out this mine. It is no wonder it was so much easier this time around.

I entered the large room with the crimson pond. Actually, it was no longer crimson, but I still call it that in memory of the first time I cleaned this place out. There was one bandit using a grindstone on the shore of the pond and two bandits conversing on the bridge. I ended all three of their lives, quickly and quietly.

I sold as much gear from the mine in Riverwood as possible. I purchased a pair of hide bracers from Alvor that he said would forify my archery skills. They may be a bit more flimsy than my fur bracers, but I was willing to sell them for the boost in archery.

Now I lay here by the warmth of the fire. I've gone on quite the drinking splurge since my victory, but I honestly couldn't care less. I'll make a quick journey to Falkreath in the morning to deliver Runil's journal to him, then I'll spend the next few days sleeping off a mild hangover in Dead Man's Drink. Yes, sounds like a plan.

Friday is My Day!

- Sundas, 12th of Frostfall, 4E 201

Another week trapped in bed. I cannot help but think of Ancola. Her scream. Her pleas for mercy. I tried to save her but that... thing... it was so ruthless and cunning.

I woke up with in the mine last Sundas with an atrocious headache. I didn't want to move, but I knew the air in there was not doing me any favors, so I left and ventured towards Falkreath. I returned Runil's journal to him and he rewarded me kindly. Very kindly, in fact. That journal must have been very important to him.

I entered Dead Man's Drink and asked Vulga about Valdr's whereabouts. She told me he and a group of friends were out hunting yet again. She also told me Valdr said something about heading northwest, if I wanted to track them down, but I told her I'd wait. I really wanted to thank him for saving me.

I slept for a few hours and when I awoke, my headache had abated. I purchased a sheathe of Dwarven arrows from Lod and headed west to hunt. It seemed like it had been forever since I had hunted. It felt good to hunt something that wasn't going to obliterate my skull with a war hammer or freeze me to death.

After about an hour in the wilderness, I came across a lone tower, standing tall above the trees. I was planning on ignoring the tower, considering the last time I entered such a tower I almost had the life sucked from me, then I heard a woman scream.

"Please, don't! No!" she screamed. Fear was in her voice, she was deeply terrified. I dashed towards the tower and busted through the doors. I ran up a spiral staircase as fast as possible. I finally reached the top of the tower to find Ancola, the Reguard woman I had saved a little over a month ago, set ablaze. A petrifying creature stood over her, spraying her with flames. The creature looked somewhat like a woman... but had the mannerism of a... bird.

I immediately readied an arrow and sent it towards the creature's head. The arrow curved downwards and struck the thing in the chest. It turned its attention to me and our eyes met. Its were cold and unrelenting, while mine were no doubt full of fear. It sent a wave of green towards me and I attempted to dodge it, but it hit me and my body locked up. I couldn't stop myself from tripping over the edge of the tower.

I woke up freezing on the dirt floor. It was dark and the nighttime bugs were singing their anthem. I could move my limbs again, but I was in no condition to battle the gruesome creature. My leg was broken for sure and I had a huge gash in my arm. I limped all the way to Falkreath and have been in bed at Dead Man's Drink since. Hopefully Ancola found some way to escape before her fiery death, but I do not think we will be crossing paths anytime soon.

I cannot help but feel like I failed her. I tried to save her, but the creature was just too powerful. Someday, I'll slay the beast and avenge Ancola. By Talos, her death will not be in vain forever. I think I'll restock on arrows and head to Riverwood to see if Delphine knows anything about the creature. Talos guide me.

Friday is My Day!

Reading through this has been wonderfully entertaining, much funner than most as-I-play journals by far.
Entertaining enough to get me inspired even, and that takes quite a bit of wok ;)

Thank you so much! I'm honored to have inspired you. :)

Friday is My Day!

Reading through this has been wonderfully entertaining, much funner than most as-I-play journals by far.
Entertaining enough to get me inspired even, and that takes quite a bit of wok ;)

Oh, and I'll be eagerly awaiting your Khajit druggie character journal ;) genius!

Friday is My Day!

- Morndas, 13th of Frostfall, 4E 201

I am about to head back to Redoran's Retreat for a bounty. It seems a new group of bandits has infested the place, and the jarl of Whiterun wants them dealt with. But this time around, I will not be going at it alone.

I travelled to Riverwood shortly after finishing up yesterday's entry. I entered the Sleeping Giant Inn and chatted with Delphine while knocking back an ale. I described the gruesome creature I had come upon at the tower in Falkreath to her. She told me I had stumbled upon a Hagraven, a fearsome combination of woman and bird. She said they specialize in the Destruction school of magic, but will utilize their long, sharp claws in close-quarters situations.

"If you come across another Hagraven in your travels, run. They're merciless creatures who show no remorse for their inhumane acts." she warned me. I thanked her for the information then left. On my way out of the inn, I bumped into a fellow Bosmer.

"Excuse me, brother elf. It's nice to see a familiar face so far from home." he said. He introduced himself as Faendal and offered to buy me an ale. We chatted about Valenwood for a bit, then he confessed his feelings for a woman named Camilla Valerius. I recognized her as the sister of Lucan Valerius, the shopkeeper of the Riverwood Trader. "I thought her and I had something good going on, but then that milk-drinker Sven came along. He's been smitten with her ever since!" he told me.

I offered my assistance on the matter and he asked me to deliver a fake letter to Camilla from Sven. The letter was quite funny, actually. I delivered it to her and she turned more and more red-faced as she read. By the end of the letter, she was absolutely furious and vowed never to speak to Sven again. I left her with a devious grin across my face. I could not help but feel bad for Sven, but Faendal's a good guy and I feel he deserves her more than that bard.

I returned to Faendal with the good news and he was positively ecstatic. He offered to accompany me in my travels and I quickly obliged. The two of us stopped by Alvor's to browse his supply of armor, considering Faendal's clothes were not going to do him any good in the wilderness. We purchased a set of hide armor for him and set out to hunt.

Not long into our hunt, a Dunmer woman in fancy elven armor approached us and told us to hand over our valuables or she would gut us like fishes. Faendal did not take too kindly to her request and sunk two arrows into her neck before I could even ready my bow. He is quite the shot, and can perfectly ready an arrow very quickly. I offered him her armor, but he said did not like how flashy it was. I cannot say I blame him. I could spot someone in that armor from a mile away.

We hunted until dark then returned to Riverwood and drowned ourselves in ale. Feeding two mouths is going to put a damper on my pockets, but I think having a companion to watch my back and keep me company is more than worth the extra coin. I picked up a bounty from Orgnar and slept soundly all night. Now, Faendal and I are about to venture towards Redoran's. It is his first time fulfilling a bounty, but I do not think it'll be too much of a challenge for him, considering how he handled the thief last night. Talos, watch over our battles.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts