• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Friday is My Day!

I just joined about an hour ago and just wanted to tell you how awesome this journal is. I have been reading this from the beginning as a guest but now I can finally tell you, this is awesome! Great writing and great story. Keep p the good work!

Thanks so much, man! You have no clue how much fun I'm having with this journal. I love to write. I'm about to pop Skyrim in and hopefully I can get a few entries in today. Thanks again! :)

perkecet

His are great, aren't they? He inspired me to play with the hardcore restrictions and keep up with a journal. If you ever start up a journal of your own, I'd love to check it out. I should be posting today's entry in about an hour or so, I hope you enjoy it. :)
yeah man im already rather far into my current character but im thinking that once ive finished with him ill start again with the same rules and start a journal for him. ive already been mulling backstories in my head and he may well be a bosmer like filim! however that will be where the similarities end.

Friday is My Day!

yeah man im already rather far into my current character but im thinking that once ive finished with him ill start again with the same rules and start a journal for him. ive already been mulling backstories in my head and he may well be a bosmer like filim! however that will be where the similarities end.

I gotcha man! Whenever you start that journal up I'll be sure to check it out. I'd definitly recomend being a Bosmer. They're beast!

Friday is My Day!

- Fredas, 24th of Frostfall, 4E 201

Faendal and I have spent the day making tiresome trips to and from Whiterun with the bandits' armor, weaponry, potions, food, and other various items. It has been monotonous work, but it surely has paid off. We have made a little over 500 septims for our efforts and are almost done cleaning the place out. It should only take another trip or two, but my legs refuse to carry me any further and Faendal is equally tired. We will sell the remaining gear tomorrow and begin our assault on Bleak Falls Barrow. I am quite eager to see what we are up against.

Friday is My Day!

- Loredas, 25th of Frostfall, 4E 201

It only took a single trip to deliver the last of the bandits' items to Whiterun. We stopped by The Drunken Huntsman for a quick ale or two then travelled to Bleak Falls Barrow.

Bleak Falls was a short walk away from the weathered stone tower we had cleared a measly five days ago. It was also gigantic. A series of stone arches followed one another to a tall pair of doors presumably leading inside the ruin. An Imperial woman stood atop the arch furthest from the doors armed with a wooden bow similar to Faendal's old one and a quiver of seven steel arrows. That is right, we counted.

Two more bandits guarded the doors. A lightly-armored Orc wielding a steel war-axe stood on the left side of the doors while a Dunmer woman guarded the right side. It appeared as if she was not carrying a weapon, so Faendal and I assumed her to be a mage. Oh, how I loathe mages.

We have decided to take out the Imperial first as there is much distance between her and her companions. If her death goes unnoticed, we will do our best to neutralize the Orc, then double-team the Breton. There is strength in numbers, after all. If things do not go as planned, we will retreat to the weathered stone tower and set up an ambush.

I am quite favorable of our plan and excited to execute it. We headed back down to Riverwood for a bit of Orgnar's venison and cold ales. After our meal, we browsed Alvor's selection of armor. I found a hide helmet I liked and Alvor told me it would allow me to better cast Illusion spells. Considering I had not been able to cast the Muffle spell I purchased from Farengar, I decided to buy the helm and try it out.

Faendal and I walked a good bit away from Riverwood and I sat down on an old tree stump to remember what I had read in the spell tome. I stood up and closed my eyes, focusing on what I had read. I felt an orb of... energy in my left hand, but I kept my eyes closed. I then opened my fingers and set the orb of energy free. Oddly enough, it felt... right. I asked Faendal if I had done it correctly, but he did not know.

We decided to test it and it worked. Faendal said my footsteps were hardly audible. I was so excited. Alvor was right about the helmet. It allowed me to cast the spell I once could not. I know my new ability will prove to be most useful, especially at Bleak Falls Barrow tomorrow.

Now, I am huddled around the fire at my old camp casting Muffle. It took a bit of practice, but I am now able to cast it every single time I try, providing I have the helmet on. Faendal is sound asleep and I am about to call it a night. Right after I kill this pesky fox that is lurking in the trees around the camp. Come here fox!

perkecet

I gotcha man! Whenever you start that journal up I'll be sure to check it out. I'd definitly recomend being a Bosmer. They're beast!
im thinking about possibly starting tonight if i end up with nothing planned. while i wait to find that out im going to start polishing my backstory down to something worthy of posting. my restrictions wont be quite as steep as yours but theyll definitely make the game harder than ive ever played! the only thing i cant be without is the crosshairs so ill probably turn the HUD way down but not off.

Friday is My Day!

im thinking about possibly starting tonight if i end up with nothing planned. while i wait to find that out im going to start polishing my backstory down to something worthy of posting. my restrictions wont be quite as steep as yours but theyll definitely make the game harder than ive ever played! the only thing i cant be without is the crosshairs so ill probably turn the HUD way down but not off.

I see what you mean. When I turned my HUD all the way down, archery was SO much harder. Like, you have no idea. But I eventually got used to it and now archery kills are MUCH more satisfying. :)

I understand that some of these restrictions are pretty insane, but I'd definitely recomend restricting your carrying capacity and not fast traveling. It makes the game so much more fun. Let me know if you decide to start a journal, man. I'll be the first to check it out!

perkecet

both carrying capacity and fast travel are things i intend to restrict for myself. the only one that sticks out to me is the HUD. and also given the style of character im trying to create thievery wont be completely unallowed, although i dont intend to steal for no reason other than to get more stuff! i hope to be more robin hoodish with it.

i believe i will start the character tonight sometime. im brushing up on lore to give him more depth and accuracy.

Friday is My Day!

both carrying capacity and fast travel are things i intend to restrict for myself. the only one that sticks out to me is the HUD. and also given the style of character im trying to create thievery wont be completely unallowed, although i dont intend to steal for no reason other than to get more stuff! i hope to be more robin hoodish with it.

i believe i will start the character tonight sometime. im brushing up on lore to give him more depth and accuracy.

Yeah, I love the thief build. I wanted to do a character that revolved around a typical thief build but I also wanted to be good. So Filim is a sneaky archer who doesn't steal. :)

I'll be looking out for your journal, man. Have fun with it!

perkecet

i got my backstory written if i figure out how im going to try to PM it to you if you could give me your take before i post it, if you dont have the time dont worry about it though, youll get to read it eventually anyways =P

Friday is My Day!

i got my backstory written if i figure out how im going to try to PM it to you if you could give me your take before i post it, if you dont have the time dont worry about it though, youll get to read it eventually anyways =P

No no, I have all the time in the world. Spring Break just started! :D

I apologize for taking so long to reply to your PM. I bought Oblivion today and it's quite fun. I'm making a sneaky archer named Endras. :) cool, huh? Your backstory is very well-written and elaborately thought out. I like it A LOT. Post that thing and start your journal up, man!

Friday is My Day!

Alright guys, I'm gonna be heading to the beach tomorrow so I may or may not be posting any entries until Tuesday. I'm bringing my Xbox with me so I might be able to do an entry at night, but it just depends on whether or not the condo I'm staying at has wifi. Hopefully it does. :)

Thanks everyone!

Friday is My Day!

- Sundas, 26th of Frostfall, 4E 201

Faendal woke me a little after seven this morning and we headed to Riverwood to see if we could find some supplies that would give us an edge over the Bleak Falls bandits.

We entered the Riverwood Trader and bought two poisons from Lucan. He asked us what we planned on using the lethal concoctions for and I told him of the Jarl's task. He then asked us to keep an eye out for a solid-gold ornament in the shape of a claw during our time in Bleak Falls. He had a similar item stolen from him weeks ago.

We bid farewell to Lucan and traveled to Bleak Falls Barrow. I asked Faendal to stay back so I could sneak closer to the Imperial woman. I casted Muffle with ease then moved silently from stone pillar to pillar every time her back was turned. Soon, I was close enough to take the shot.

I pulled back a Dwarven arrow and let her walk into my sights. She went down quickly, and best of all, her death did not alert her comrades. Thank Talos. Everything was going according to plan. I waved to Faendal and he joined me at the bottom of the stone steps. Together, we crept up the large, weathered staircase and took aim at the brigands. I aimed at the Orc. He aimed at the Breton. The both of us released our bowstrings and each arrow burrowed into its target's neck. Both bandits dropped simultaneously. It was a work of art.

We stripped them of their armor and weapons and hid their bodies just in case any bandits that were out and returned would not be aware of an attack. I casted Muffle for extra precaution, then we slipped through the large doors leading into Bleak Falls. I took a bit of time to scout the area. It was a good-sized room with a cavernous chunk of the left side missing. The room gave me a very... eerie feeling I had not experienced before. Several bloody skeever carcasses were scattered across the room and two deceased Nords in fur armor swam in their own blood near a coffin to our right. Two unpleasant individuals idled near a campfire at the far end of the room.

Faendal and I used the distance between us and the bandits to our advantage and picked them off before they even knew what was happening. We relieved them of their gear and I managed to crack open a chest guarded by a moderately difficult lock, only sacrificing three lockpicks. With all the things we had obtained from the bandits weighing us down, we soon found ourselves over-encumbered and were forced to head back down to Riverwood to sell off the load.

We are about to head out to delve deeper into Bleak Falls Barrow, but I figured I would make a short entry of our progress. I am not sure what we will find buried in that ancient tomb, but I believe Faendal and I will be able to overcome it. We are becoming quite the team, I believe. With Talos as our leader, of course.

Friday is My Day!

Glad you got to make a post! I was worried I would have to wait until next week to hear of the adventure into Bleak Falls Barrow! Hope your enjoying your time at the beach man, have fun!

I am, man. Getting some much needed time with my girl! I didn't think I'd be able to post, but luckily this condo has wifi (even though it BLOWS). Oh, and I'm sorry about your Xbox man. I hope you can get that fixed. I have the very first 360 and I'm suprised it hasn't bit the dust yet! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my entry for the night! Tomorrow's will probably be up around this hour. :)

PelagiusIV

I am, man. Getting some much needed time with my girl! I didn't think I'd be able to post, but luckily this condo has wifi (even though it BLOWS). Oh, and I'm sorry about your Xbox man. I hope you can get that fixed. I have the very first 360 and I'm suprised it hasn't bit the dust yet! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my entry for the night! Tomorrow's will probably be up around this hour. :)

Its alright, its up and working again. I think it just overheated and needed some cool down time. And this time is perfect for me, I usually get off work around 10-11, so it gives me something to look forward to after I get home if my fiance is watching TV.