• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
some people are saying that destruction power is rather underpowered at higher levels... It's debatable as we discussed it right here but it is probably recommended that you have other offensive skills to support you in fights.

Doomy

Many people seem to also use some Conjuration. Frost Atronach to give the enemy something else to concentrate on, Summoned Weapon for when they get too close etc.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
illusion is really great imo. invisibility helps you sneak even better but you can't just escape in the middle of a fight with it. with illusion, you can manipulate a group of enemies to kill each other or just run away in fear...

Emmmmz

Better than Sliced bread!
Yeah I was planning on being a destruction based mage but its gets boring so I'm gonna start playing with the other schools of magic.. Will probably use a lot of the illusion spells for when I start doing the thieves guild.. Just have a play with all the magics if your planning on being a mage and use only the ones you like :)

Zedsded

the destro line is ok, tho as stated, not especially imaginitive. I would sya, for it to work at higher levels i've really needed to dual cast and use impact perk to do what i can to cause an interupt.
I did the asuras star questline last night and throughout there were some hardass mage mobs that casued me no end of bother. Using impact and dual cast to interupt their actions was essential.
Illusion and alteration i like the most, but are need in conjuntion wioth some damage source...be it destro, a backstabber or archer. conjuration just annoyed me a bit. resto is fairly obviously needed.

harpwood

I try to reach 100lvl to all magic schools. I already have reach 100lvl at destruction, illusion and alteration. I combine the schools in battle so it is never get bored. Very funny are frenzy or runes spell while sneeking and invisible XD

LordTalos

I'm level 60 and magic does come in handy considering i'm maxed out perk wise in one hand and two hand etc.

SeaDog

Destruction and Conjuration. Conjure atronach, let them tank for you, flame spray/ice/shock enemy to death. Lather, rinse, repeat.