Details in Skyrim you probably diddent notice

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

When you are bound and following Hadvar, Alduin lands on a wall and you are told to stay close to the wall as alduin does his fire shout, , well watch because when he finnishes he quickly looks at you, , wonder if he knows something you dont, ???

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
He can't look at me because I'm usually standing right under his wing.

I noticed while playing Oblivion that a Daedric mace weighs... 46 POUNDS! I made a mace that weighs six pounds, I'm a grown man who can bench press 270+ pounds and that six pound mace is harder than &%$# to swing. How does a little hundred and ten pound female wood-elf swing a 46 pound mace?!

Very good point. I used to train actors in sword play, and using a real sword (not the ludicrously oversized Skyrim ones) very few could keep going for more than a few minutes. Granted, people who practiced with them every day would acquire a significant ability for prolonged fighting, but records suggest many fights were lost because of fatigue preventing one fighter from responding.

While I was walking around a small clearing, I noticed that a nearby stump had ants crawling around it. I don't think I would ever have noticed them if Lydia hadn't been "sleeping" on it :p

OrexxerO

Someone here mentioned the difference in your own characters facial expression when fighting. I noticed this too. I've also explored to the edges of the map in almost every direction and found some pathways completely open but blocked by invisible walls. Makes me wonder what would be there if it was rendered. I am always wondering whats around the next bend... I also came out of a dwemer ruin once and saw three wolves chasing down a deer. For all its faults, it is a pretty amazing persistent world.

Bad-People

Someone here mentioned the difference in your own characters facial expression when fighting. I noticed this too. I've also explored to the edges of the map in almost every direction and found some pathways completely open but blocked by invisible walls. Makes me wonder what would be there if it was rendered. I am always wondering whats around the next bend... I also came out of a dwemer ruin once and saw three wolves chasing down a deer. For all its faults, it is a pretty amazing persistent world.

That road into Morrowind just kills me.

Quivers are not attached to you, but just float in the air behind you. Given the attention to detail in so many areas, I find this just a little annoying.

Nakatsu_Hime

Estimating Skyrim's planet's gravitational pull would be possible if we knew how big the planet was, but I'm assuming Skyrim is but one of many continents, so perhaps we'll never know for sure.

What we DO know for sure is that the planet possesses a significant magnetic field as proven by the existence of aurorae in the more Northern regions of Skyrim. These aurorae seem to be definitely more of a regular event than those on the Earth, and quite pronounced. Nirn's sun's solar wind must be steadier than Earth's, and possibly more vicious overall. Nirn's atmospheric pressure seems comparable to Earth's as its airborne creatures seem to have evolved to a similar weight and size (Dragons being a notable exception).

I suppose none of this really is relevant to 'Detals in Skyrim you never notice'. More like 'Details in Skyrim you couldn't possibly notice'.

Bad-People

Skyrim is one region on the continent of Tamriel on the Planet Nirn. Other continents include Yokuda, Thras, Pyandonea, and Atmora.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Back in the old days, people were so many times stronger than we lazy people are today. If you dont notice there are long, short and great iron swords, Vikings had them and many others did.
People tend to forget this, because they are looking at a game perspective and modern day life.
As I said (the vikings) Go take a look on there history, and re-think your ideas.

Its a game so logic on bows is nothing. Though you can say that many metals can be made to bend, so you are wrong on that idea.

Back in the old days, people were so many times stronger than we lazy people are today. If you dont notice there are long, short and great iron swords, Vikings had them and many others did.
People tend to forget this, because they are looking at a game perspective and modern day life.
As I said (the vikings) Go take a look on there history, and re-think your ideas.

Its a game so logic on bows is nothing. Though you can say that many metals can be made to bend, so you are wrong on that idea.

Swords in museums often include large ceremonial swords that would never be used in battle. Almost all real functiional swords seldom weighed more tha 4 lbs. For a good analyssis, see What Did Historical Swords Weigh?[/url

i cannot speak for bows, since I have no first-hand experience.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Swords in museums often include large ceremonial swords that would never be used in battle. Almost all real functiional swords seldom weighed more tha 4 lbs. For a good analyssis, see What Did Historical Swords Weigh?[/url

i cannot speak for bows, since I have no first-hand experience.

Skyrim's weapon are just an exaggeration and People over-exagerrate them.

As for bows, I guess Ebony,Daedric and orichalum metals or exact to our steel. Made to be flexible.

OrexxerO

If you guys want to get REAL nit-picky on things that don't add up in Skyrim. I thought of one while just playing through a Dwemer dungeon. At the end I got a nice take of Gold coins as a reward for clearing the dungeon. But whats interesting to me, both about Gold you find in the Dwemer Ruins, and in ancient Nordic ruins, is it is the same exact gold coins of modern usage....septims. Which by the name indicates they hadn't been minted till sometime in the septim dynasty of emperors hence their name sake....just another small thing.

Just remember peeps, this game, as great as it is, has mistakes because it was created by other humans. Not the Nine Divines unfortunately.

Bad-People

Actually in Morrowind Dwemer ruins contained ancient Dwemer coins which were little grey discs that couldn't be used as legal currency.

(And Septims were green?)

Saint Vicious

Still sober
I diddent really mean for this thread to be about nitpicking. I just added the stuff about the weapons as an example of my own obsession and knowledge of weapons. I wanted it to just boil down to little (cool) details that we've never really paid attention to. That's why I left out gravitational pull, magic, ect ect. Because I realize it is just a game. And for the third time now. Even though the weapons are unrealistic, Skyrim would be a terrible game with out them.

If ya'll want a thread on the nit picky unrealistic stuff. I'll gladly write it.

And also. Ants? Ive never seen any ants?

Twiffle

and Pigs, you never see any pigs, whats life without a bacon sandewich for breakfast .. .. :D

Neriad13

Premium Member
And also. Ants? Ive never seen any ants?

There actually are ants in Skyrim. Try looking at one of the stumps by Gerdur and Hod's mill in Riverwood. I remember the first time I ever noticed them - I was gawking at them in amazement while a totally unimpressed Ralof related his sob story to his sister.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
This is probably something very stupid, but while clearing out a hut that actually lead into a large bandit base (I won't mention a name just to avoid a spoiler) I noticed that the secret door/bookshelf that lead to the secret base actually made made draft noises and showed the cold air coming into the shack from under the bookshelf. I had completely missed the book that hinted at the bookshelf being a secret entrance so I used the draft to lead me into the secret base.

I don't know why but I was really impressed by that. :p

Pete

After playing this game for a long time, I was surprised when I decided to talk to some guy sitting in a boat in dawnstar and he offered to take me to windhelm. So I took him up on it.

Bad-People

This is probably something very stupid, but while clearing out a hut that actually lead into a large bandit base (I won't mention a name just to avoid a spoiler) I noticed that the secret door/bookshelf that lead to the secret base actually made made draft noises and showed the cold air coming into the shack from under the bookshelf. I had completely missed the book that hinted at the bookshelf being a secret entrance so I used the draft to lead me into the secret base.

I don't know why but I was really impressed by that. :p

Well I'm sure that was intentional, so people could find it in case they missed the note.