Destruction - Adept vs Expert Spells Question...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I just reached level 75 Destruction and I purchased the Incinerate and Thunderbolt Spell Tombs. I started using them and they're significantly more powerful, but the amount of Mana they use up concerns me. Before I started using Incinerate and Thunderbolt I used Fireball and Chain Lightning... Should I go back to the Adept spells or stay on the Expert spells?

Doomy

Get better spell reduction enchants and you will be able to dual cast incinerate to your hearts content, you don't need lots of mana.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Oh, yeah... Hmm... I am just waiting to level up my Enchanting completely so I can get the best version of the enchantment.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
What do you have equipped for a ring and necklace now? Unless you're loathe to let those enchantments go there's little to lose other than 2 Grand Soul gems by enchanting a ring and necklace with Fortify Destruction now.

That's what I did, actually... I enchanted a ring that makes it so destruction spells cost 24% less, I did the same to an amulet and some sort of headband (I can't recall the name). Plus I have Master Destruction Robes...

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
it is very easy to enchant a set of gear that makes destruction spells cost nothing to cast. you don't even need 100 enchanting to be able to do it...

you can enchant the following items with fortify destruction (reduced cost):

Helm, Armor, Amulet and Ring. if the % of the combined enchantments goes over 100, the cost of all destruction spells is negated.

• Note that the Fortify Destruction enchantment will also reduce the soul consumption of enchanted weapons. At 100% reduced cost of Destruction spells, enchanted weapons will no longer deplete with use, and need not be recharged. This applies to any and all weapon enchantments, including enchantments that at least appear as if they should belong to other magical schools

trenton

I know it might not make since to you. but when i first started becomeing a mage, every time i leveled i put my level points in mana. not health, so currently i have 130 health and 310 mana, im thinking maybe at about 400 mana ill put more in health. but my way of thinking is more mana more killing. better spells to be used. but even as i am 85 mage now, i still use the firebolt. just because i can kill more. fireball and ice storm just consume way to much mana, as i just firebolt duel wielded it seems to work good.

Moonwort

I stacked the Ring of Recovery on Morokei on the archmages robes. 300% magicka regen plus magicka regen perks.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I stacked the Ring of Recovery on Morokei on the archmages robes. 300% magicka regen plus magicka regen perks.
Fortify magic skill enchantments are generally more beneficial than Regenerate Magicka enchantments. While Regenerate Magicka is beneficial to all schools of magic, it's relatively slow during combat. For most mage combat styles, you only need 100% or close to 100% reduce magicka from Fortify magic skill enchantments for 1 or 2 schools of magic.
...Level 85 Mage...?
He probably means 85 skill.

Moonwort

Fortify magic skill enchantments are generally more beneficial than Regenerate Magicka enchantments. While Regenerate Magicka is beneficial to all schools of magic, it's relatively slow during combat. For most mage combat styles, you only need 100% or close to 100% reduce magicka from Fortify magic skill enchantments for 1 or 2 schools of magic.

That depends on your playstyle. I like to send in atronachs, then I can pace fireballs or thunderbolts such that I can keep a steady stream of them going in as my magicka regenerates. I've found this tactic to work better for me for sustained combat against many foes. If you prefer to go in with the big power spells and wipe everything out in the first couple of exchanges then a deep magicka reservoir would be what you want. When I take this route though I find myself guzzling potions if I didn't get them all in the first exchange.

I guess I take the skill enchantments for destruction or conjuration for granted. I should use those more.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts