Destroy Dark Brotherhood Quest means no Master Light Armor Training?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nyarlathotep75

Just as the topic says...

I decided that on one of my characters, I wanted to attack and kill Astrid after she kidnapped me and took me to the abandoned shack to see if Iwould kill one of the 3 hostages there.... Instead, I turned and ... put an arrow through her knee... and basically, took her out.

Now I realize that this involves killing Nazir which will mean I can no longer train in Light Armor; in fact it would seem one can not train in Light Armor at all, without first joining the Dark Brotherhood....

Is this true, or is there some sort of workaround to train this skill?

Nyarlathotep75

You can go for the expert level trainer which is Grelka in riften. You can level up light armor by letting a mudcrab attack you non-stop. Other than that No.

Yea, I've trained with Grelka as far as she will train.... which, is like, up to 65 points or something.

After that, she tells me she has nothing more to teach me...

Guess I'll havta go find some mudcabs or something...

Nyarlathotep75

Ok a few Elixir's of Regen... and 3 mudcrabs, and I topped out Light Armor at 100 within an hour and 30 minutes.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ritterkreuz

It's pretty obvious that you're meant to join the DB, as the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood quest is a massive let down. They could have done a quest line with it and allowed the Dragonborn to join the Penitus Oculatus

Nyarlathotep75

It's pretty obvious that you're meant to join the DB, as the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood quest is a massive let down. They could have done a quest line with it and allowed the Dragonborn to join the Penitus Oculatus

Yea, except those Penitus Oculatus guys are like the Emperor's personal "secret service police" ... they're aligned with the Empire directly through their obvious connection with the Emperor. So unless your Dragonborn sides with the Empire in the Civil War, then this would not be a very viable option. How would it look, to have a StormCloak... let alone the Dragonborn, whom Ulfric hails as a hero, and inspiration, to his cause and his soldiers.... how would it look to have this person hooking up with the Emperor's personal Guard and doing a mission for the Empire?

Seriously, if I were Ulfric and I heard about, or caught one of my most respected soldiers out there doing work for Penitus Oculatus... I would immediately start crying foul, and declare them a traitor.

However, if your Dragonborn is sided with the Empire and General Tulius, then doing a side mission for Penitus Oculatus would make a lot more sense.

But if this were done, and made a part of the game, then there would have to be a Stormcloak equivalent added in as well. To whom on the Stormcloak side, would the Dragonborn rerport too about the death of Astrid, to receive orders to destroy the Dark Brotherhood?

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Just as the topic says...

I decided that on one of my characters, I wanted to attack and kill Astrid after she kidnapped me and took me to the abandoned shack to see if Iwould kill one of the 3 hostages there.... Instead, I turned and ... put an arrow through her knee... and basically, took her out.

Now I realize that this involves killing Nazir which will mean I can no longer train in Light Armor; in fact it would seem one can not train in Light Armor at all, without first joining the Dark Brotherhood....

Is this true, or is there some sort of workaround to train this skill?

I guess not but there are other and more effective ways to increase your light armor ability and you do not need to wear a Dark Brotherhood light armor to be a more effective assassin. Just my 2 cents .. :cool:

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
Correct. Kill Nazir and no master training available. The way I usually go about it is I use Grelka in Riften until level 75 then I go to Bleakwind Basin near Whiterun and attract the attention of the two giants there. Don't engage them quite yet, instead lure them to the Western Watchtower. You'll be safe in the doorway because the giants are too big to fit through, so you are free to engage them when you want, let them hit you and then heal yourself all within the safety of the doorway. Over time your light armour skill and restoration will increase and block can be ground out here too. Certainly cheaper than using Nazir! :)

Liliana

Yea, except those Penitus Oculatus guys are like the Emperor's personal "secret service police" ... they're aligned with the Empire directly through their obvious connection with the Emperor. So unless your Dragonborn sides with the Empire in the Civil War, then this would not be a very viable option. How would it look, to have a StormCloak... let alone the Dragonborn, whom Ulfric hails as a hero, and inspiration, to his cause and his soldiers.... how would it look to have this person hooking up with the Emperor's personal Guard and doing a mission for the Empire?

Seriously, if I were Ulfric and I heard about, or caught one of my most respected soldiers out there doing work for Penitus Oculatus... I would immediately start crying foul, and declare them a traitor.

However, if your Dragonborn is sided with the Empire and General Tulius, then doing a side mission for Penitus Oculatus would make a lot more sense.

But if this were done, and made a part of the game, then there would have to be a Stormcloak equivalent added in as well. To whom on the Stormcloak side, would the Dragonborn rerport too about the death of Astrid, to receive orders to destroy the Dark Brotherhood?

Well, u can join both the DB and the Legion and fight for the empire while assassinating the emperor. If that contradiction is ok, I dont see a problem with any others.

Well, u can join both the DB and the Legion and fight for the empire while assassinating the emperor. If that contradiction is ok, I dont see a problem with any others.

I'm gonna waste the the D.B. For the 1'st time ever, should be something new .

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts