• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
is there still no way to move objects whilst in grab mode? i have a whole bunch of stuff i want to put on display in my house, the key claws for example. is there a way to move the direction and stuff in grab mode or only shake the mouse and push up against walls until it does what you want lol

nicholashitt

Xbox or PC. For Xbox, you simply hold the A button and instead of taking the item/object, if picks up and then you can move it. Sorry if this doesn't help, but it's worth a shot

nah all good, haha its for pc, i know how to pick the object up but like. if you pick it up upside down, you have to shake and move around to get it the right way up, if you want it on an angle you have to hope you can shake and stop at the right time etc.

i wanna like place gold ingots on my tables in nice piles and stuff but it is impossible :p

nope, same for me, have to have patience.

but it dont stay in place that well. sometimes i set things up and when i come back to the house its just laying on the floor. also some shops i go in have there stuff just littered around the floor. :sadface:

Timett

o_O
The street outside my home in Whiterun is littered with Pots, Plates, Mugs, and other assorted nonsense that I picked up accidently on my travels and didn't want hanging around my house - so I dropped it outside!

I was unaware all that crap would simply stay there. Whiterun should really hire a street-sweeper or something.

Edit: And more on topic, I also wish there were a way to rotate held items in mid-air. But I don't spend too much time worrying about it.

Onyx

How do you hold objects on the PS3? Is it holding down the X button?

Timett

o_O
Yup. Hold it for a bit instead of tapping it (like you would to pick it up).

Once the item's identifier tag disappears, you're holding it and can move it around. You can also release the X button at this point. Pressing X again will drop the item.

Onyx

Thanks!

Timett

o_O
This frustrates me as well. I try to put books in my book shelf, but they won't go in. What the crap!? I can't put books in my own book shelf!? Oh well. I have a lute and a bust of the Gray Fox on the stand beside my bed

You can "activate bookshelf" when your place your cursor over a bare part of the shelf itself. This brings up a menu similar to a chest, where you view the shelf's inventory and your inventory. Move your books to the shelf's inventory, close the menu, and it will file them there nicely for you.

Each type of shelf has a limit for the number of books that can be placed on it.

That's awesome. I wanted to decorate my house as well and the bookshelf frustrated me. Can't remember how many painstaking hours but I got all my books on the shelf in that big house in oblivion.

Henry McDonald

{Prodigy}................
Xbox or PC. For Xbox, you simply hold the A button and instead of taking the item/object, if picks up and then you can move it. Sorry if this doesn't help, but it's worth a shot
didnt mention PS3 :sadface: ........ no hard feelings

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts