Deciding on An Alt Class, input appreciated

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epsilon

Shaun
So my archer is around level 30 and i really do love the character but after countless hours of play i like to switch things up and make a completely different character to keep the game fresh for me. MY archer is my evil dude who is leading the dark brotherhood and in the imperials, so now im looking for a break with a completely different dude. Archery is fun and very effective but i need a break from playing skyrim sniper where i never get spotted lol.

I know race wise im set on going argonian or Orc. Eventually ill have 3 characters but im thinking of a straight Dual wielding badass orc that does some serious damage, or a destro/conj mage thats set on straight damage or any other type of effective mage thats fun to play.

Any suggestions appreciated :)

Siah

I have the exact same style - I love playing one type but need to switch it up. I got like 5 alts around 20-30

personally I started a spellsword build and I think it's pretty rockin. using conjuration to summon a blade in one hand and a spell in the other with an undead/atronach helpin you out. You get some fun uses from the magic school, long and mid range attacks before you get up close and personal for a sweet decapitation ^_^ (also able to mix it up mid battle to go dual-wielding badass anytime)

I like this build because it utilizes skyrim's main feature of being able to do anything at any time basically. even pop a bow and get some archery in if you like. It's extremely flexible and can rather effectively fit your style on a whim.

I've also enjoyed a pure mage (dual casting destruction) and had some fun with that, but i miss the finishing blows with a blade :p

If you like stealth, I'd try a mix of a dual-wielding daggers with alchemy and maybe pickpocketing as main perk trees (of course with one hand and sneak. the backstabs are soooo satisfying - dispatching an entire camp without anyone noticing ;)

Or of course you can mix any of these up to your heart's desire - have a silent caster with alchemy and daggers or some such. and I've gotta say, I've also surprisingly enjoyed the straight warrior build (which i /never/ go for in games) with heavy armor and sword and shield - the whole shabang - and i'd even suggest trying that out for a spell :)

here's a quick bit into my spellsword necromancer build plan (up to 50) - Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Epsilon

Shaun
Thanks for that sounds interesting. My very first character was a conjuration/illusion mage then about lvl 20 i realized it wasnt the good mix i expected. Then i tried a pally i got to 30 but deleted him because the battles were being drawn out so long because he was mostly defensive without much damage. My archer uses a bound bow with silent casting and i could see how a spellsword with other minions would be fun. I hate these decisions but its awesome to have so many options lol.

My best friend has a destro mage and he loves him, also his main is a stealth assasian and i dont wanna copy him. We like making different types while comparing them and debate who would kick each others ass lol.

So im down to DW Orc, or necro argonian. Ill see if anyone else has input before i decide. Well i know what ill be thinking about at work all night lol

Siah

lol nice. necro argonian would be pretty sweet imo, but a DW orc is about as beast as you can get :p
well enjoy. i'm still waiting to get the game back from my friend lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts