• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
Probably a stupid question, but for my dual wielding thief-type character, is this not the best armor if I've decided not to put perks into smithing or enchanting?

Just in case, here's the stats.

Head: Waterbreathing. +100 armor while wearing a complete set of Deathbrand Armor.

Body: increases stamina by 15 for each Deathbrand item you wear.

Hands: While dual-wielding, your one handed attacks do 10% more damage for each Deathbrand item you wear.

Feet: Increases your carrying capacity by 10 for each Deathbrand item you wear.

I am definitely using the scimitars.

I've not seen any topics about it here. Or the tapatalk search sucks. Is there something better for light armor wearers?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Saozig

Hippy
Yeah, I'm trying this armor out with my dark Elf dual wielder (dual Nordic swords, although I'm upgrading her to dual Stalhrim ones as soon as I can be bothered to enchant them). It's good to get back to light armor. The extra carrying capacity is nice but since I'm learning to curb my Skyrim hoarding tendencies, I don't need it so much. The one handed attack bonus lets me free up her ring slot, which is nice, but I lost my 35 pt fortify health enchantment from her previous Nordic armor.

My Dark Elf's light armor skill is at 58 right now, with only a couple of perks, so the +100 for the full set helps her armor rating. The stamina bonus too is very helpful.

Still, I just don't like it. The waterbreathing enchantment...was there some quest where that was going to come in handy? If not, I would have preferred a Fortify Archery Enchantment myself. That makes sense for a set of special light armor. I hate that for the full amount of bonuses I have to use that helmet and can't swap it out for one with my own enchantment.

Overall, I think our options in Skyrim for light armor aren't as great as those for heavy armor. Although Dragonscale light armor is pretty nice--just damn ugly (but not as ugly as the Dragonplate heavy armor). But sine i just reached lv 80 in Smithing it'll be awhile before I can get dragon armor. So for now, I'll see if I can't come to love the Deathbrand armor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts