• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
hello,
A couple of minutes ago I died for the first time and I feel like CRAP!
has anyone else died and how do you deal with it?

Lars

I have died a lot. Doesnt mean you suck. or does it...... just load on one of your earlier save points.

fleeon

I feel like I've soiled the game by dying and it won't be the same again

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
sometimes, dying in this game is just too frustrating. it requires multiple quick-loads to finally kill an asshole that has been killing you 7 times in a row. and when you do finally kill the dude, you only get to kill him once compared to all the times he killed you so it's not that satisfying either -.- I don't mind challenge but it's annoying if you die, not because of your fault but because some enemies can kill you in one or two hits. But I'm playing on Master difficulty so I have no right to complain.

fleeon

sometimes, dying in this game is just too frustrating. it requires multiple quick-loads to finally kill an asshole that has been killing you 7 times in a row. and when you do finally kill the dude, you only get to kill him once compared to all the times he killed you so it's not that satisfying either -.- I don't mind challenge but it's annoying if you die, not because of your fault but because some enemies can kill you in one or two hits. But I'm playing on Master difficulty so I have no right to complain.
And how did you deal with your first ever death? And how did other people put up with dying for the first time?

fleeon

Start over on a lower difficulty then.
no no, that's a little extreme. The difficulty is easily manageable, I was even thinking of going even harder. I made a stupid mistake in which I could pay 5 gold for the bounty, but I stupidly pressed B.

Which further increases the WELL, CRAP level.

Deeley

I know what you mean though, like you're playing the character, and if you're really into it you feel like you've let them down when you die :/. But srsly, I just reloaded and did it again

fleeon

I know what you mean though, like you're playing the character, and if you're really into it you feel like you've let them down when you die :/. But srsly, I just reloaded and did it again
Exactly. Especially if the death was COMPLETELY in your control.

My first death didn't come till level, 13 I was climbing the mountain to get to the greybeard and found a big ugly surprise at the top my first thought KILL BIG FOOT! ... sadly That s not how it happened. The nest part was that my last save was in whiterun so I had to do alot of back tracking :sadface:

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
Imagine if someone tried to play a Perma-Death character in this game? You would never finish ha ha. There are so many stupid ways to die. By stupid I don't mean glitches but avoidable. Like I'm going to get me some Mammoth Tusks!! (Seconds Later) you are flying 1000 feet up in the air to your untimely demise.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
It's just a game. You don't "deal with it". You don't cope. You don't see an in-game therapist.

You simply navigate to an earlier save file and load it.

Yeah okay...It does suck when you Die but I agree with Dzylon. Just load the latest save and try again.

Deeley

It's just a game. You don't "deal with it". You don't cope. You don't see an in-game therapist.

You simply navigate to an earlier save file and load it.

When he said 'deal with it' I don't think he was asking which counsellor to go to... More like how do you react when you die in the game? Like I feel a bit awww but then think fluff it, and load an earlier save

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
Like I feel a bit awww but then think fu** it, and load an earlier save

Exactly yeah! but it sounds like fleeon is taking his first death VERY bad! no worries dude! Just load and carry on kicking @ss

fleeon

Imagine if someone tried to play a Perma-Death character in this game? You would never finish ha ha. There are so many stupid ways to die. By stupid I don't mean glitches but avoidable. Like I'm going to get me some Mammoth Tusks!! (Seconds Later) you are flying 1000 feet up in the air to your untimely demise.
Perma death would be really, really bad, but worth flying! :p

Titanburner

Premium Member
Halarious! Good laugh! +10

lemmyjftw

I think someone needs an intervention..it's a game..there are some semi-emotional moments but it's a game. I'm all for immersing yourself in a game completely, but being sad or depressed, feeling like you "let down" your character because you let them die? Haha nah son..I just laugh it off and do a quick load..

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
I've died many a time! The way I deal with it is reload my last save (hopefully close to the point where I died) and either avoid that area where I was killed OR have another go. If I have another go and still die then I just avoid the area until I get better equipment and/or level up more. Dying is not reflective of your skill rather, it reflects your current level and gear and the strategy you used. For example, you can't (well shouldn't) run into a camp of mages with a sword and fire, yes it does work, but isn't as effective as spark (or higher level electric magic) and a sword. Don't feel like crap, consider it a reason to get up in level and get better gear then go back and KICK THE CRAP OUT OF EVERY LAST BANDIT IN THAT CAMP!!!