Death is Final - How far did you get?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pete

Want my respect? Reply with the level of difficulty, character type and how high a level you got before you were killed for the first time. Or you retired your character. Killed? Include cause of death. Using an mod; include it.

Here's my first DIF Death Certificate:

Level: 7
Difficulty: Expert
Character: Female Nord Barbarian
Mod: Curse of the Werewolf
Cause: Wolf transformation in Whiterun and guards got me before I could escape. Made a wrong turn!

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Sounds like fun! I'll start one tonight and just update this post as I go along so I don't clutter the thread.

What I'll use:

Level: 6
Difficulty: Expert
Name: Anadae
Character: Female Bosmer Archer (light armor)
Mod: None (360)
Restrictions: No fast travel, no carriage, no trainers, no followers
Perks Invested: Overdraw (2), Agile Defender (2), one unspent
Date of Birth: 18 Apr, 2012
Date of Death: 18 Apr, 2012
Cause: Double teamed by hooded Skeleton using Frost Magick and regular Skeleton w/Sword somewhere near South Cold Rock Pass.
Close Calls: Sabercat, Sild
Notable Kills: Sild the Warlock (Rannveig's Fast @ Level 5)
Kills: People (17), Animals (13), Undead (6)
Favorite Weapon: Ancient Nord Bow w/Iron Arrows
Words of Power found: 1 - Kyne's Peace
Quests: None.

WTF Moment: Arriving in Riverwood from Helgen and immediately finding a dead Faendal between Hilde's House and the Riverwood Trader. No clue how it happened, no dragons have appeared yet (except Alduin of course). Anadae didn't drop anything to cause a fight.

Anadae never bothered to embark on any quests. Just random running around and cave diving. Had to flee from a fight vs. Bandit Chief @ Redoran's Retreat. Cleared out the Draugr @ Dustman's Cairn and Hamvir's Rest. Passed Drelas' Cottage, didn't dare enter.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Same here. I will do this as well.

Game plan: Main quest with no side quests, following Hadvar out of Helgen (chosen by random dice roll). If character survives main quest, Companions. If character survives Companions questline, Civil War (starting Imperial but defecting to Stormcloaks, chosen by random dice roll).

Level: 7
Difficulty: Adept
Character: Male Redguard Maceman (lightly armored, shield may be heavy armor)
Restrictions: May use archery only against dragons; may only use alteration and restoration magic; may not use the carriage; no exploits or powerleveling (e.g. I may smith, but only to improve my own personal weapons, not to craft iron dagger after iron dagger)
Mods: None; PS3 version
Play Time, Last Pre-Death Save (auto or manual): 06:28:51
In-Game Time, Last Pre-Death Save (auto or manual): 10:05 AM, 23rd of Last Seed, 4E 201
Cause of Death: Technically a Thalmor mage, in reality player error more than anything
Place of Death: Thalmor Embassy
Quest in Progress at Time of Death: Diplomatic Immunity
Circumstances of Death: I knew that as soon as you told Malborn "I'm ready. Here's the stuff I want you to smuggle in", the quest updated to the next objective, but I'd been able to back out of the conversation and talk to him again straightaway. What I didn't know is that as soon as I left the Winking Skeever because it turned out my inventory was not okay, Malborn left too. Because I had inadvertently attacked, but not killed, a Thalmor justiciar in Whiterun Hold on the road to Solitude, I had a bounty on my head and Delphine would attack unless I fast-traveled to Whiterun, paid off the bounty, and fast-traveled back - unfortunately, this also had the effect of updating my auto-saves past the point of leaving the Winking Skeever after talking to Malborn. So there I was in the Thalmor Embassy, being attacked by Thalmor with no weapons or armor and no way of getting any short of bare-handing a Thalmor (even if I had cheated and used offensive magic, the only destruction spell I would have known would be Flames).