• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PoisonPen

I know dead thrall is buggy as hell, but I've run into a bug I haven't encountered before, and Google says I may be the only one having it.

I have twin souls, but when I have two dead thralls active, there's about a one in five chance that one of the thralls will die every time I transition. Likewise, there's about a one in five chance that reanimating one of my thralls will cause the other thrall to die, as if I don't have the twin souls perk.

Since this isn't happening to anyone else, it's got to be one of my mods. I'm running something like 80 of them, so it's pointless to list them, but my suspicion is it may have something to do with UFO. I know UFO has problems occasionally with followercount (especially if you have followers relaxing/sandboxing in places), and I'm wondering if this may be the cause. Has anyone else ever had this problem, or does anyone have any suggestions I might try? Because as it stands, it makes the twin souls perk useless. I want my Chief Yamarz *and* Orchendor deadites! :sadface:

I've had flame thralls randomly die for no apparent reason at all and I do believe I've had one disappear after I fast traveled. I don't know about dead thralls though as I only have one at the moment (a Dremora, who are the only reason I even got bought that spell tome). Have you tried reloading from a save before you got the twin souls perk, and seeing if you can recreate the issue?

Adam Warlock

Om on Xbox but have the 1st problem periodically.
Usually after a battle has just concluded when I exit the dungeon or fast-travel away.
I do enchant thrall armor with added health.
Best I can figure is that the thrall perhaps takes more damage than their base # but not quite enough to kill them.
Perhaps where they are respawned by the loading screen this can deactivate ? idk for sure
Maybe Dark Souls perk(100+health) has the same effect ?

Also have encountered random NPC who simply just die each transition. Usually found dead but not always. One example is the Treasure Hunter found with a miniquest note.

I use Necromantic Healing on my thralls after battle but before transition and it prevents death for all but the last types

PoisonPen

I've had flame thralls randomly die for no apparent reason at all and I do believe I've had one disappear after I fast traveled. I don't know about dead thralls though as I only have one at the moment (a Dremora, who are the only reason I even got bought that spell tome).

Dead thralls usually disappear because they use the script for horses, so when you fast travel to a town, they arrive outside at the stables and have to rush inside to catch up. If you fast travel again before you notice they're missing, they'll lose track of you and stop following. In my case, they're not disappearing, they're arriving dead. For example, I had Orchendor and Chief Yamarz with me and fast travelled to Whiterun. I waited outside Breezehome for them to catch up, but only Orchendor arrived. I backtracked to discover Yamarz lying dead and spread-eagled just inside the gates of Whiterun -- which means he'd arrived alive, run through the gates with Orchendor, and then inexplicably dropped dead. Er, deader.

Om on Xbox but have the 1st problem periodically.
Usually after a battle has just concluded when I exit the dungeon or fast-travel away.
I do enchant thrall armor with added health.
Best I can figure is that the thrall perhaps takes more damage than their base # but not quite enough to kill them.
Perhaps where they are respawned by the loading screen this can deactivate ? idk for sure
Maybe Dark Souls perk(100+health) has the same effect ?

Not a bad guess, but my Yamarz is equipped with dual-wielded daedric war axes with absorb health/stamina enchantments on them, which means he's almost never below maximum hit points. Seriously, he's a beast. I've watched him take on entire Forsworn encampments with multiple briarhearts all by his onesies. Also, I've had it happen where one of my dead thralls arrives dead, so I thrall him again... and my other thrall drops dead, as if I didn't have the twin souls perk. What's frustrating is that it's inconsistent. There's no way for me to remove one mod at a time and see what fixes the problem because there's no way to reliably duplicate it. The inconsistency argues that it's script-related.