• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kruise

Khajiit will smell them coming.
So.. I'm thinking of getting Dawnguard but it's $20 for me.. Not having a job means that is quite a bit of money for me. Don't include spoilers, but is it worth buying and how many hours of gameplay do you think it takes to go through 1 side?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I don't have a job either, but managed to get the twenty dollars for it. It's totally worth it. I got it on release day, and still haven't completed either side. (I've been doing other things to occupy myself, so it's making the DLC last a bit longer for myself) If you do get it, I suggest not rushing through it. Stuff like this is meant to be enjoyed, not rushed through.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Yes it's worth it because they didn't just add new quests, they added crossbows, vampire lords, horse combat, and new pets!

One new pet that I have come across is an armored Husky dog. Much cuter than the shaggy dogs you already can get. They bark too much for me. I'm 39 and female, and I don't play many video games, but I'm hooked on Skyrim. I have played through to level 81 a couple of times and I'm playing this third time (level 48) perfecting my experience, like not picking up quest items that you can't drop. For somebody like me who loves the game this much I would definately say that Dawngaurd is worth the money. I have a 12 year old son who loves the add-on too! I've discovered a special horse, new flowers and ingredients, clothes, collectible objects, books, weapons, and new locations that are much different than I've come to expect. This is worth mowing lawns, washing cars and doing extra chores to earn the cash!

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I'm not sure about you, I don't have a job because I'm 12. But yeah, I plan on really enjoying both sides of the story.

Hit your grandparents up for funds "to further your creative side in being a knight." If that doesn't work, surely you can work your charms on your parents for the same. Just tell 'em this could be an advance on your birthday gift, or Christmas if your birthday's already passed. :)

Jersey Dagmar

Or do extra chores around the house. You appreciate something more when you honestly earned it.

Kruise

Khajiit will smell them coming.
I wish my parents were like that. It's sort of a Birthday or Christmas or very special occasion that I get non-school related things. Either way, my mind is set by now, I'm asking for 1600 MS Points in October for my birthday.

Mattius

It's worth getting for sure! Any excuse to play more Skyrim & explore new places my wallet will be opening.

handsome pete

So, I've been trying to play Dawnguard since Tuesday. Still can't get past the Skyrim loading screen since the download. This will be my third time attempting to delete and re-download the add on. Any suggestions?

Jersey Dagmar

Did you clear out your cache? Mine was freezing during the first loading screen to get into the game. Once I cleared the cache, it fixed the problem.

Sargeant_002

Save the game files to the cloud. Delete the install of Skyrim and the add on. Re install the game and on. I assume the game is installed? Not loading from disc?

Brian-

V.Goose

I think his question was roughly how much time does the expasion add, not whether Skyrim is like drinking fine wine, which we all know it is. Hands down best game ever, I've put 70 plus hours in it 3 times, and i think maybe 4 when I buy dawngaurd and the hearthfire, why not, I was looking for excuse.

V.Goose

Whats up with the maniquins moving into the center of the room, I'm always afraid to put my charished possesions on them when they get funky, is it safe?? I passed up pimping out my place in Riften cause of it, and it's my favorite place, I'm a closet thief, and I was sad last time through.

CaptMorgan72

Oh yes, Dawnguard is very much worth getting. It breathed new life into Skyrim for me at least. I don't think I will ever finish the main story (I already have multiple times with multiple characters on my PS3) with my Xbox copy. I just love hunting vampires as my werewolf Dawnguard character and terrorizing Skyrim as my vampire lord character. Its as close to having an Underworld game as I will ever get. The additions to both the vampires and werewolves have made Skyrim a game I will never get rid of again.