• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jazz

Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC

Im trying to decide which route I am going to take ( vampire lord or Dawnguard) I am leaning more towards the vampire lord, because of how awesome it looks, but after beating the DLC will all of skyrim be covered in darkness forever?

I also don't like being a vampire since you have to feed every night and be careful not to get to stage 4 or your screwed..but i feel it will be worth it after this DLC.. so what are your opinions and which path are you going to choose?

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
I'll be joining the Dawnguard, I don't like parasites.
I generally have a thing for law and order, and you know..... Not cutting off the afterlife.

Also, their heavy armour and crossbows look awesome.

But I don't think anyone knows enough about the whole perpetual darkness thing to tell you if it'll be stuck that way.

cherroc5870

i would chose vampire lord just because i'm always the sneaky assassin slash thief type with one handed weapons but if you want to join the dawnguard just because the armor and crossbow you can still get it if your a vampire lord since when you first play the game dawnguard what will happen is that you will join the vampire hunters first then you learn about the vampire lord once you do you can have a choice on who to join so for those people who want to be a vampire lord but are going to join the dawnguard so they can have their armor and crossbow you can still get it even if you are a vampire lord

ConfusedPenguin

If in doubt , ask M'aiq The Liar.
I also don't like being a vampire since you have to feed every night and be careful not to get to stage 4 or your screwed.

But my friend , that is the most entertaining part of it all.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
The dawnguard vamps are different from normal ones I think so there may not be stages

Kage

Im trying to decide which route I am going to take ( vampire lord or Dawnguard) I am leaning more towards the vampire lord, because of how awesome it looks, but after beating the DLC will all of skyrim be covered in darkness forever?

I also don't like being a vampire since you have to feed every night and be careful not to get to stage 4 or your screwed..but i feel it will be worth it after this DLC.. so what are your opinions and which path are you going to choose

Just saying, Bethesda is taking out the part where everyone attacks you at Stage Four. After the DLC is downloaded, you will only be attacked if you go into Vampire Lord Form. IN my opinion you should definitely do Vampire Lord first. After all, it look like a whole lot of fun. Plus, Vampires are awesome, and I'm glad to be hearing about ones that don't sparkle. I actually hope all of Tamriel goes into Darkness, man, that would be cool.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Oh, come DLC time for PC, Tamriel will be locked into darkness while me and my minions feast upon the blood of the living. The entirety of Nirn shall become my own personal cattle farm.

Okay, I have done dawnguard as a vamp, and the sun thing only effects the game for one day, to answer your questions. Also, the dawnguard vampire go through stages, but its nothing but a benefit, due to the fact that at stage four you get the invisibility, but no one attacks you.n if you are a dark elf, not feeding can be especially useful, since the natural dunmer fire resistance goes against fire resistance, which is now only 50% at stage 4.

If you use reiteration or potions the lack of regenerating stuff should be no problem.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
The dawnguard vamps are different from normal ones I think so there may not be stages

You go four nights without a feed and you will be attacked, no different.

I just made myself a vampire, after beating the DLC as a staunch member of The Dawnguard.

What I do now, I do for purely academic reasons, I assure you.

It is not in my interest, or the interest this college to sew further mistrust for mages amongst the local populous. I have attained a healthy stockpile of 'Potions of Blood', as I will attempt to feed parasitically as infrequently as possible. My apprentice, Drekeethus, will gladly supply what sustenance I need should the colleges' supply of potions prove insufficient.

I will attempt research into the positive applications and techniques of the Necromagi for enhancing physical and magical attributes of the afflicted subject (myself). Study of the longevity properties of pseudo-death states, as well as research into preventative measures, herbal salves, vaccines and cures. Only through a perfect academic understanding of the vampiric state will we turn a dangerous, often fatal condition to a potential resource for the betterment of life on Nirn.

Out of respect for common perception and in the interest of public safety, I have relocated by central laboratory for the duration of the experiment. All research and experimentation will take place at the now defunct Honningbrew Meadery facility, which has been appropriated by the college thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor

Nameless233

wait i have dawngaurd and i have yet to become a fourth stage vampire in public yet, could someone with experience please tell me if you get attacked by npcs as a stage four vampire or not?

jdhorrigan

Deeeefinitely Dawnguard. I've never really liked vampires, even pre-Twilight, plus Dawnguard has those awesome crossbows. My character is stealth focused, so those seem real handy.

Okay, I'm saying this one more time. Dawnguard specifically makes sure at stage 4 you don't get attacked, you are only attacked if you become a vampire lord in public. So go arou d skyrim blood starved all that you want. The only people who ca are dawnguard and maybe the vigil ants, although I haven't seen any vigilants while bloodstarved yet.

Note, I have played on dawnguard already, and know this from personal experience, I hope that it helped. Also, again, the sun blocking only lasts for one day, just to clarify.

wait i have dawngaurd and i have yet to become a fourth stage vampire in public yet, could someone with experience please tell me if you get attacked by npcs as a stage four vampire or not?

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Either path you go, you can become a Vampire Lord. The only difference is when you can obtain it and who grants you this power. As a member of the Dawnguard, it takes you a considerable amount of time before you reach the part where you will have to eventually enter the Soul Cairn. Instead of Harkon, Serana gives you the choice of having your soul trapped or becoming a vampire with the Vampire Lord power. Like Speckled Black Panda has stated twice, you do not get attacked at stage 4 as a Bloodstarved vampire once Dawnguard is downloaded. Also, the statistics for Frost Resist/Weakness to Fire go from a 20%-50% progression instead of the infamous 25%-100% progression. This, in my opinion, is Bethesda's way of whispering to everybody, "GO WITH THE DARK ELF IF YOU WANT TO BE A VAMPIRE!".

Nameless233

ok thankyou so much for clarifying that, sounds like im gonna go be a vampire!

Okay, I have done dawnguard as a vamp, and the sun thing only effects the game for one day, to answer your questions. Also, the dawnguard vampire go through stages, but its nothing but a benefit, due to the fact that at stage four you get the invisibility, but no one attacks you.n if you are a dark elf, not feeding can be especially useful, since the natural dunmer fire resistance goes against fire resistance, which is now only 50% at stage 4.

If you use reiteration or potions the lack of regenerating stuff should be no problem.
Sorry, hadn't realised you'd already mentioned the sun is only blocked for 24 hours :L

It would be cool if you could get rid of the sun forever though. :sadface:

Dragon Kin

Dovah Fen Ni Dii
Depends on your alignment. Ex I'm using an evil Argonian vampire assassin so it's pretty easy what I'm choosing when it comes out (Ps3). Feeding isn't that bad, once I hit stage 3, I go to my house an feed on my housecarl, by that point anyway I needed to go home to store stuff. It works out

Ciaran McCloud

i read that if you chose to get your soul trapped, you can still become a vampire lord after your done with the quest, because Serana will turn you anytime you ask her after the quest. is this true?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts