Dawnguard/RP Build - Shadow Spectre

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

cd1003

Shadow Spectre
Nightingale.jpg
This Build is a Vampire with mastery of Shadows, Illusions, and Destruction. *This Build is being tested currently.*​
" Soul of moonlight,
Raised by Frost,
Watch for the Shadows,
and stay in the light."
This can be used as a Thief or an Assassin build.​
Ideal Races:
1. Dunmer​
2. Khajit​
3. Argonian​
The Dunmer have a 50% Fire Resistance which counteracts the Vampire's Fire Weakness. Also they have boosts in Destruction (+10), Illusion (+5), Light Armor (+5), Sneak (+5), Alteration (+5), and Alchemy (+5).​
The Khajit have boosts in Sneak (+10), Archery (+5), One-Handed (+5), Lockpicking (+5), Pickpocket (+5), and Alchemy (+5).​
Finally, Argonians can use Histskin, which causes health to regenerate 10 times faster. This can allow for HP regeneration in sunlight. They have boosts in Lockpicking (+10), Sneak (+5), Light Armor (+5), Pickpocket (+5), Restoration (+5), and Alteration (+5).​
Skill Perks
You should invest point perks in many of the Thief trees, and some of the other two sets. You'll need 75/80 points.​
Archery: Overdraw 1/5, Eagle Eye, Steady Hand 2/2, Critical Shot 1/3​
One-Handed: Armsman 1/5, Fighting Stance​
Light Armor: Agile Defender 1/5, Custom Fit, Unhindered, Wind Walker, Deft Movement​
Sneak: Stealth 2/5, Everything Else​
Lockpicking: Novice Locks, Apprentice Locks, Adept Locks, Expert Locks, Master Locks​
Pickpocket: Light Fingers 1/5, Night Thief, Cutpurse, Extra Pockets​
Speech: Haggling 1/5, Allure​
Alchemy: Alchemist 1/5​
Illusion: Novice Illusion, Apprentice Illusion, Adept Illusion, Expert Illusion, Master Illusion, Animage, Kindred Mage, Quiet Casting, Master of The Mind​
Conjuration: Novice Conjuration, Apprentice Conjuration, Adept Conjuration, Expert Conjuration, Master Conjuration, Summoner 2/2, Atromancy, Elemental Potency, Necromancy, Dark Souls, Twin Souls​
Destruction: Novice Destruction, Apprentice Destruction, Adept Destruction, Expert Destruction, Master Destruction, Augmented Frost 2/2, Deep Freeze,​
Restoration: Novice Restoration, Regeneration, Necromage​
Alteration: Novice Alteration, Apprentice Alteration, Magic Resistance 1/3​
Enchanting: Enchanter 1/5, Insightful Enchanter, Corpus Enchanter, Extra Effect, Soul Squeezer​
**Vampire: All Perks​
Feel free to use the other 5 Perk Points on any of the Perks.​
Appearance
The Shadow Spectres are usually very beautiful. There beauty comes from the consumption of blood and souls. Make your character have beautiful eyes and flawless skin, for Dunmer. Khajit Spectres should have neutral colored fur, blue eyes, and be more human-like than animalistic. Argonians are an exception to the Beauty rule. They are usually more terrifying. Add Horns and give you Argonian a touch of red.​
Factions
College of Winterhold - Learn more about magic​
**Vampire Lords - What Vampire doesn't want to be a Vampire Lord?​
Dark Brotherhood - Obvious​
and/or​
Thieves' Guild - Get Rich​
Coven of Namira - Eat Corpses for Health​
Level Ratio
Try to level Magicka, Health, and Stamina evenly.​
Custom Moves
Nocturnal.jpg
Daedric Protection
Summon Atronach + Twin Souls​
Chaos
Daedric Protection + Mayhem + Invisibility​
shattered-glass.jpg
Shattered Soul
Soul Trap + Ice Form + Attack with Melee​
hunt.jpg
Hunt
Detect Life + Detect Dead​
raven.jpg
Flight of The Raven
Shoot Target w/ Arrow or Spell + **Supernatural Reflexes(Slow Time + Whirlwind Sprint) + Kill w/ Melee Weapon​
Armor
Nightingale Armor or Dark Brotherhood Armor works best for beginner's.​
With the Enchanting perk, Extra Effect you can enchant your armor for sneaking, onehanded, etc.​
Useful Weapons
Nightingale Blade​
Nightingale Bow​
Blade of Woe​
Recommended Spells
Frost Spells​
Firebolt​
Fireball - for Draugr and Nords​
Sparks​
Lightning Bolt​
Clairvoyance​
Invisibility​
Fury Spells​
Calm Spells​
Fear Spells​
All Summon Thrall​
Dead Thralll​
Command Daedra​
Banish and Expel Daedra​
Healing​
Healing Hands​
Turn Undead and similar spells​
Guardian Circle​
Mass Paralysis​
Detect Life​
Detect Dead​
Telekinesis​
Waterbreathing​
Transmute​
Recommended Shouts
Become Ethereal​
Dismay​
Disarm​
Ice Form​
Frost Breath​
Marked for Death​
Slow Time​
Recommended Powers
Shadowcloak of Nocturnal​
Vampire Sight​
Agent of Mara​
Agent of Dibella​
Prowler's Profit​
Lord's Stone or Lady's Stone​
Story
Spectres are Vampires that have fully embraced Darkness, and not evil like most Vampires. These Beings of Shadow survive death and can turn back time so they can stop their selves from dying. They worship Azura and Namira, and are Champions of Nocturnal; They are neither Aedra or Daedra, nor man or mer. They are Darkness itself. Their bodies are merely vessels, and usually succumb to their race's Religious Belief, such as the Nine Divines.​
Strategies
Here I will post Strategies that are useful with this Build.
  • If you ever see a projectile coming towards you (arrow, spell) sneak and then use sprint to roll.
** This is not available in-game until Dawnguard is released​
Inspired By Ratlance's Lunatic Guide.​

Ratlance

Glad I could inspire you! This is definitely a build for the long run. I like the detail you went into.

This character's skills seem very spread out though, with destruction, one handed, and archery. Seems like a lot of work to build this character to its full potential.

Just some suggestions: Maybe have a bit more focus? Like a focus in just one handed and not archery since you have destruction. With enchanting and strong use of magic is it a good idea to use pre-enchanted armor? Also don't overlook Rune Master, very fun with a sneaky character.

I can see this character becoming a master of many things in the end and maybe that is what you are going for. Its nice to see lock picking and pickpocket being used, so many people neglect these skills.

Here is a build a little similar someone posted on another site, but also very different than yours: Character Build: The Volkihar - The Skyrim Blog

cd1003

@TJGORY This build does not use mods. It use regular Skyrim 1.5. I played and created it on a PS3.

cd1003

Glad I could inspire you! This is definitely a build for the long run. I like the detail you went into.

This character's skills seem very spread out though, with destruction, one handed, and archery. Seems like a lot of work to build this character to its full potential.

Just some suggestions: Maybe have a bit more focus? Like a focus in just one handed and not archery since you have destruction. With enchanting and strong use of magic is it a good idea to use pre-enchanted armor? Also don't overlook Rune Master, very fun with a sneaky character.

I can see this character becoming a master of many things in the end and maybe that is what you are going for. Its nice to see lock picking and pickpocket being used, so many people neglect these skills.

Here is a build a little similar someone posted on another site, but also very different than yours: Character Build: The Volkihar - The Skyrim Blog

Your right, Runes are fun, but not everyone likes them so I didn't put it in the guide. Someone could use the four extra perk points for that.

cd1003

I will update this when Skyrim is released on PS3. So, soon, hopefully.