• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one whould i buy?

• DragonBorn

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • DawnGuard

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
>> If you can buy only one right now and the other later, I would pick Dragonborn. Reasons ? You will get more shouts, armors, weapons, enchanting effects ( Chaos = the best in the game ), an additional house, money and of course you will have the pleasure to kill Miraak and get his armor and weapon.
Also, you will get the Waking Dreams Black book which will allow you to change your skill tree distribution perks at the cost of Dragon souls gained by you after killing dragons. However, if you buy this one, make sure that you have at least 10 dragon souls available in your inventory to use them for those shouts that you will get, especially, the last Dragon Aspect shout that you must get before you ride the dragon that takes you to Miraak. If you do not have a dragon soul available in that moment, you miss the chance forever.
While Miraak is still alive, he will not let you suck a dragon soul so it is crucial that you start Dragonborn with at least 10 dragon souls available in your inventory. After you clean all the Stones, which it is a quest right before facing Miraak, you will be able to restore your ability to suck a dragon soul if you kill a dragon but do not rely on that at all because dragons may not show up and if so, it would be just one at the most. If you go back to Skyrim to suck more dragon souls, it would not work as well. So make sure, that you have those 10 dragon souls before starting Dragonborn.
After you kill Miraak, you will suck out of his body, 3 more dragon souls so you can use them right away at that place to reset any skill tree that you want.
In my opinion, Dragonborn is much better than Dawnguard but to face those vamps, you would have to need to be more powerful and the dragon aspect ( that you get in Dragonborn ) will make a difference when facing those vamps. Just my 2 cents .... :)

I wouldn't suggest banking ten souls... that's too many. Having three in your pocket is fine since you only need to unlock Bend Will to progress the questline. Also, Miraak will not give you three souls upon dying, he gives you 10 souls at least. Also, Miraak doesn't steal every soul, just most of them (roughly 2/3 by my estimation). It's still possible to collect souls after Miraak is unlocked. Dragon Aspect and Cyclone are fine Shouts, but not necessary to complete the quest.
I always end up with at least 20 in the bank before I get to Solstheim so Miraak is never an issue for me.

Wow... Miraak has really gotten into your guys' heads. :)

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Serana is one of the best things about the DLC, she is a very good follower!

Serana can go die in a fire. I can't tell you how often she's just hung around in the back and nearly killed me with a spam of ice spikes.

LotusEater

Serana can go die in a fire. I can't tell you how often she's just hung around in the back and nearly killed me with a spam of ice spikes.

Nothing like lining up a perfect, long-distance shot only to have her nudge you off target so she can go fight a tiny mudcrab. She spends half her time with one of my arrows sticking out the back of her head.

Crowley

Nothing like lining up a perfect, long-distance shot only to have her nudge you off target so she can go fight a tiny mudcrab. She spends half her time with one of my arrows sticking out the back of her head.

Yeah, Serana is useless. She always gets in the way, messes up my shots with a bow, ice spikes me and is generally, a pain in the arse. Rayya is far superior. She's a melee fighter and, for me, seems to be where she needs to be, when she needs to be there. I can't over extol the virtues of taking Rayya with you. She dual wields scimitars and turns into a tornado of death. A really, really good follower.

LotusEater

Yeah, Serana is useless. She always gets in the way, messes up my shots with a bow, ice spikes me and is generally, a pain in the arse. Rayya is far superior. She's a melee fighter and, for me, seems to be where she needs to be, when she needs to be there. I can't over extol the virtues of taking Rayya with you. She dual wields scimitars and turns into a tornado of death. A really, really good follower.

Interesting... I just picked up Deathbrand's scimitars too. Hmmmmmm.

Crowley

Interesting... I just picked up Deathbrand's scimitars too. Hmmmmmm.

I see where this is going. You HAVE to tell me how that goes!

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
You want storyline? Go with Dguard
You want gameplay? Go with Dborn
You want kids? Go with Hearthfire

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I got all three DLC's when I bought Skyrim: Legendary Edition. To be honest, I have found more enjoyment from Dawnguard, as I liked the new places you go to in the main quest (Without giving away any spoilers), and I definitely LOVE the crossbows.
But then Dragonborn is really good for new shouts, places, creatures and quests.
It's up to you and what you like I guess... killing vampires or killing the original dragonborn..lol.

Devinoextra

I preferred Dawnguard's story by far. However, that does not mean that it is better.

While Dawnguard supplies a, in my opinon, better story, it offers little content besides that, especially compared to Dragonborn, which provides a questline, even more general quests, and finally, a whole new land to explore.

The most noticeable quest of Dawnguard, next to the questline, is the quest with the Aetherium Objects, which I believe can rip off the player.

Same here... also DG introduces a female companion :)

The only thing that kinda buggs me about Dawnguard is how much it reminds me of that evening when I was forced to watch twilight by my ex girlfriend XD

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts