• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

in confused

I am gonna download one I want dawnguard cause durnehviir but dragonborn seems so much cooler and strong summons in dragonborn besides the ice troll guy

Medea

The Shadow Queen
No, but the Dragonborn DLC is much better in my opinion. Dawnguard can be won in 6 hours or less, with not very much in the way of story development or new areas to explore. If you want more bang for your buck, get Dragonborn. If you want Durnehviir, get Dawnguard.

Dawnguard is also very annoying because of vampire attacks on holds until you compete the questline, not to mention it's many bugs. I would recommend not getting it at all.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
ah! so sorry for bugging but is there any strong summons in dragonborn? besides the dude you can only summon 3 times

Yes... There is the Beast Stone, which will allow you to summon a werebear once and then can be recharged by revisiting the stone. They are very strong.

Also, you can learn spells that allow you to summon seekers, ash spawn and ash guardians. All high quality summons. Plus you can acquire a dwarven sphere as a follower (or a spider). You can also do a quest that will align you with the reiklings if you so choose and they will randomly appear thereafter to help you in battle.

Personally, I would recommend Dragonborn mainly because of all the powers available. Your build will become near godlike if you tap Solstheim for everything it has.

Dawnguard is my favorite in terms of places you visit and scenery.

Anton Volkihar

Vampire Lord, Champion of Molag Bal, Dragonborn
I am gonna download one I want dawnguard cause durnehviir but dragonborn seems so much cooler and strong summons in dragonborn besides the ice troll guy

Im not a fan of the Dragonborn DLC I dont like the way they force that ugly manipulative herma mora on us all

LotusEater

Im not a fan of the Dragonborn DLC I dont like the way they force that ugly manipulative herma mora on us all

But, but, but... he's got the best books...

:)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I think you get more value from the Dragonborn DLC.
You get new words, one of them totally awesome. Also you get to pick perks from the black books that help you with game play, battles etc.. You get another house, more smithing resources, people to buy/sell things off.
New monsters, allies, scenery, followers, unique armour and items...
If I was only buying one, I'd go for Dragonborn.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I'll have to agree with everyone else. I thought Dawnguard was pretty good. But Dragonborne is by far the better value.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
After reading this thread, I definitely need to get off my lazy butt and buy the Dragonborn DLC...

I do really like the Dawnguard DLC for the vampire lord ability, though.

LotusEater

No, but the Dragonborn DLC is much better in my opinion. Dawnguard can be won in 6 hours or less, with not very much in the way of story development or new areas to explore. If you want more bang for your buck, get Dragonborn. If you want Durnehviir, get Dawnguard.

Dawnguard is also very annoying because of vampire attacks on holds until you compete the questline, not to mention it's many bugs. I would recommend not getting it at all.

I'm sorry... But to recommend not getting it at all?

I have to disagree. There's plenty of content to justify the price. Forgotten Vale alone is almost as big as Solsthiem. Not to mention the Soul Cairn.

And what bugs are you speaking of? I've ran through that questline a dozen times by now and I've yet to run into any significant bugs that made me regret playing it. Dawnguard also unlocks arrow crafting, which is really nice and a great sink to dump your dragon bones in.

The main quest in Dragonborn can be run in the same amount of time, neither is very long if you focus solely on that. I've run through the Dragonborn main quest in one session before just to get it over with. In fact, I think the main quest in Dragonborn is much easier than the one in Dawnguard, personally.

Black Ice

Like A Red Nose
In Dawnguard you get the werewolf perk tree, and awesome underworld location and an awesome ancient snow elf civilization as well as an undead dragon summon who teaches you a shout that basically one shots every enemy and mortally wounds powerful dragon.. a brand new factions with crossbows & vampire upgrades..... compared to a big rock of ash and dirt where the only good thing is the bend will shout and the Black Books....

Yea... Dawnguard by far for the win.... plus Israns voice is too epic.

Medea

The Shadow Queen

I'm sorry... But to recommend not getting it at all?

I have to disagree. There's plenty of content to justify the price. Forgotten Vale alone is almost as big as Solsthiem. Not to mention the Soul Cairn.

And what bugs are you speaking of? I've ran through that questline a dozen times by now and I've yet to run into any significant bugs that made me regret playing it. Dawnguard also unlocks arrow crafting, which is really nice and a great sink to dump your dragon bones in.

The main quest in Dragonborn can be run in the same amount of time, neither is very long if you focus solely on that. I've run through the Dragonborn main quest in one session before just to get it over with. In fact, I think the main quest in Dragonborn is much easier than the one in Dawnguard, personally.

Meh. Dawnguard was not good imo. Dragonborn had much more content for the same price. Forgotten Vale might also be big, but it has very few dungeon locations and not enough random encounters. Soul Cairn was cool though, I agree with you there.

I had the worst bug you could get. The hostile Dexion Evicus bug. I also had to reload extra saves quite a few times to get Serana to talk to the gate guard at Castle Volkihar, and to get the whole encounter with Durnehviir in Soul Cairn to go smoothly without freezing or Serana and her mother to not glitch and talk to me like they were supposed to after the encounter. Not to mention the other glitches people had problems with (like not being able to enter Soul Cairn or leave without taking damage after retrieving their soul).

The vampire attacks were annoying. rehhh

The main questline in Dawnguard was not very enjoyable to me. I was not impressed with the side quests at all. I didn't like Dragonborn's main questline too much either tbh, but there was just more to it and I felt like it was the better DLC for the money.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts