Dawnguard help needed- bugged?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

desdemonte

Hey all- here's the problem: I have brought Serana to her castle but she won't go in. The watchman just keeps telling us to go away. I can't find a lever for the gate or anything. I went around the back of the keep and killed a few skellies and found a door, but it needs a key. I somehow hot the watchman to come outside (with the gate closed) by fireballing him repeatedly through the gate. He doesn't really seem to take damage, so I shouted him off the bridge. I couldn't find his body though to see if he had a key.

So, I'm stumped. Wiki says she should go right in. I can't dismiss her, and she won't take any of my stuff if I'm getting overloaded with loot.

Help please!

BTW I'm on a PS3 in case it matters. I also have Barbas with me.

Thx

She is supposed to talk to you when you 1st arrive as you walk up toward the gate which triggers the gate opening. If you have been there before though without her it craps out and you never get the conversation and the gate never opens. I've read of people using the plate glitch to no-clip through the outer gate in order to proceed (hold wooden plate in front of you and walk at the gate) no idea if that works or not as when I hit the bug I didn't even know the glitch existed. I fixed it by loading the save onto skyrim with dawnguard removed then putting dawnguard back and restarting the storyline. Means redoing 1 short quest which isn't too bad but I'd try the plate thing 1st if I were you.

desdemonte

Ummmmmm how do I uninstall and reinstall Dawnguard on ps3? Lol

I bought Hearthfire and Dawnguard at the same time. If I go into my Game Data Utility I see 2 Skyrim files. Do I just delete the larger of the 2 (I assume its Dawnguard) then go back into the game and install it under the Downloadable content heading, or do I need to download it again frm the play station store?

You should be able to pick up a plate and walk with it on ps3. Just drop it in front of you then to when you pick it up again hold down the button you normally use to pick up an object and it'll be floating in front of you. As for removing dlc they will all be in together and all need redownloading etc. Skyrim update is the one you want I think. Look at the install date. Be better to get the plate thing working.

Edit. If you do go with the removal make sure you reinstall the other dlc/patch before reloading or you will also lose any content from that dlc in your save file.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
The Noclip won't work on the Gate itself you need to hop up on the ledge and and noclip through the wall next to the gate. I know I've had to do this, the glitch comes from discovering the Castle before getting Serana.

desdemonte

Can't get through the wall or gate with the plate. Never been to the castle before so don't know why it's bugging for me. Guess I'm going to have to delete. If I lose my Hearthfire stuff I am going to be so pissed! Thx though guys.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts