• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fresh Flower

Hey,

I'm new here but just wanted to see if I'm the only one with a problem.

In my situation, I've joined Dawnguard, saved Devion Evicus and as soon as he gets out of the cave he starts attacking you and others at random, I then knocked him down and went to Dawnguard fort and yet again he starts to fight all the Dawnguard members.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Anthony723

Hey,

I'm new here but just wanted to see if I'm the only one with a problem.

In my situation, I've joined Dawnguard, saved Devion Evicus and as soon as he gets out of the cave he starts attacking you and others at random, I then knocked him down and went to Dawnguard fort and yet again he starts to fight all the Dawnguard members.

Anyone else having the same problem?
I am having the same issue. When I initially rescued him, he would attack me and the vampire daughter. I would hit him, and it would knock him out of his rage, and I could communicate with him. Now that he is at Fort Dawnguard, I can't communicate with him, and he is causing quite the issue. Leaving the fort, and re entering doesn't work; hitting him with unrelenting force doesn't seem to work. I can't reset the dialogue or un glitch the glitch.
Let me know if we find a solution.

Ghost town

I had the same problem. I think I figured it out. Leave your companion outside. You need to take him down yourself. After he goes to the ground, he will yield. He will then stand up and be friendly. You can talk to him and send him to the castle. He will not be hostile when he arrives there.

shadowwraith

I am having the same issue. When I initially rescued him, he would attack me and the vampire daughter. I would hit him, and it would knock him out of his rage, and I could communicate with him. Now that he is at Fort Dawnguard, I can't communicate with him, and he is causing quite the issue. Leaving the fort, and re entering doesn't work; hitting him with unrelenting force doesn't seem to work. I can't reset the dialogue or un glitch the glitch.

Which Faction did you side with, if you sided with the vampires you need to use vampire seduction and then bite him to turn him into a thrall, then instruct him to goto Castle Volkihar. I don't know what you need to do if you sided with the Dawnguard faction as i have not done that side yet.

ester aldred

Yes I'm having the same problem. I managed to get him back to Fort Dawnguard by knocking him down and speaking to him whilst he was down. Now he's at Dawnguard, has read the scroll and I can't proceed with the quest as I can't complete the speak to Dexion part.

ester aldred

I had the same problem. I think I figured it out. Leave your companion outside. You need to take him down yourself. After he goes to the ground, he will yield. He will then stand up and be friendly. You can talk to him and send him to the castle. He will not be hostile when he arrives there.

He is still hostile when he arrives there. He seems fine talking to the others but as soon as I arrive He yells "where did you come from" and starts attacking me.

Kaerithia

I got a problem with this moth priest guy. Found him in this cave just like those guards say. I beat the hell out of all enemys and rescued this guy. But now I'm stucked. Quest told me to feed on the priest but I can't. Used seduction spell on him and send my follower back home, knocked him nearly a thousand times to the ground, waited a few days and try it again.

Nothing works...could anyone help please or give me a hint how to fix this?

greetings Kaerithia

ester aldred

You have to reload the part where you go to the cave to save Devion. you have to go by yourself without any followers. After you knock him out of his rage he will talk to you normally. You will know when this has worked as he will actually stand up to talk to you instead of talking to you from the floor. After that when you return to the fort it will all work properly. Good luck.

ester aldred

I got a problem with this moth priest guy. Found him in this cave just like those guards say. I beat the hell out of all enemys and rescued this guy. But now I'm stucked. Quest told me to feed on the priest but I can't. Used seduction spell on him and send my follower back home, knocked him nearly a thousand times to the ground, waited a few days and try it again.

Nothing works...could anyone help please or give me a hint how to fix this?

greetings Kaerithia
You have to reload the part where you go to the cave to save Devion. you have to go by yourself without any followers. After you knock him out of his rage he will talk to you normally. You will know when this has worked as he will actually stand up to talk to you instead of talking to you from the floor. After that when you return to the fort it will all work properly. Good luck.

flamingskull199

hey im a vampire well trying to be i dont know if its a mod breaking it im pretty sure its not since only mods ive got is 1 spell 1 sep and a music replacer but everytime i try to join the vampires he bites me he says turn into vampire lord to continue but i cant turn into the vampire lord i select it as a power and press Z but it wont transform only difference when i press it is i cant acces the charecter menu or go out of first person somebody please help!

canemed

There is a glitch that I encounter with several times, and still can not able to solve the matter.
I joined with the Vampire Lord Harkon, and turned into Vampire Lord.
There begins a learning-section that Lord Harkon is guiding all the powers to us.
When biting and feeding the victim here, and turning into Human Form again for talking Lord Harkon for complete the test, The game freezes with after the succes of the mission. And game freezes and then fall in to the Windows desktop.
I use original software that I buy, and using Deutsch-Language version of the original-boxed game.
I encounter that with several times and it still crashes in the end of the vampire-test.

lumpy custard

This fix consistently works for me on the Dawnguard side if he attacks everyone when arriving at the fort:

-Draw your weapon while you're outside
-Enter the room
-Open console and select Dexion. He seems to have a few IDs. 02007b88 is the one that works here.
-setav aggression 0
-Close, open, and close the console again
-Quickly sheath your weapon before somebody takes him down

This resets him to neutral state so you can continue with the quest dialogue.
Most of the glitches in this game are hilarious (suicide goats), but this one ...... UGH

Salazred

For me, playing on an XBox, the glitch occurred whether or not I had Serana with me. Dexion was never inside the magic field that was provided to cage him, and when I got up to the top of the tower I would always see him fighting the vampires. After killing all of them, Dexion would act completely normal… until I retrieved the waystone, and got rid of the barrier. He instantly started glowing red and attacking me.

Point: Don't disable the barrier.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
I think there's a way to avoid this glitch entirely. I stumbled across it by accident on my first playthrough. Instead of rushing to the top of the cave and attacking the NPCs holding him hostage, just tiptoe up the stairs until you can hear their dialog. Wait for them to finish and then go on up.

The first time I played DG I stopped to listen because I'd never heard the dialog before. The second time I rushed it because I had, and I got the glitch. Third time, I waited again and didn't get the glitch. I think that if you go up there too soon you interrupt something that is supposed to happen before you can proceed.

I could be wrong, or it could just be a coincidence, but maybe the info will help.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts