Dawnguard Build advice

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
J

Jeremius

i am posting this here because this will be my first Character i will be taking into Dawnguard (the vampire hunter side)

i just want to know which perks would work better, but the idea was that i wanted to make a cross between the Rogue and Paladin.

Night Reigns

Assassin- Master of the Bow
I am normally a sneaky archer... like always... but for Dawnguard the best way to go (imo) is Heavy Armor, Sword, Shield, Archery. Its loads of fun.

Oh and btw, how do you get the color thing for your sig? :)

J

Jeremius

I am normally a sneaky archer... like always... but for Dawnguard the best way to go (imo) is Heavy Armor, Sword, Shield, Archery. Its loads of fun.

Oh and btw, how do you get the color thing for your sig? :)

the color is a quiz for Magic the Gathering. i believed i searched it when i did that.

J

Jeremius

the idea was to try the DLC out on the 360, then go for the PC when it comes out, Jaboi. plus i did not see it when i looked.

I agree that the build suggested by night reigns is extremely fun and pretty effective

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I strongly recommend Archery based on the last quest in the Dawnguard storyline. You'll have to use*SPOILER ALERT* a unique bow called Auriel's Bow to kill Harkon, who is actually pretty damn hard to kill. This is because he moves pretty damn fast. The best way to overcome this problem is getting the Steady Hand perk. It creates a Slow Time effect, making it a lot easier to aim. To add to how frustrating it is to kill him, he will utilize one of the powers in the Vampire Lord Perk tree called Mist Form, which behaves exactly like the Become Etheral Shout. As for the rest of my suggestions, they're there just for the other quests and the vampire hunting experience. I would also invest in Restoration. The Turn Undead spells and new spells Sun's Fire, Vampire's Drain, and Stendarr's Aura are a definite must-have for any Paladin-based character. Sneak itself is also a good skill to major in, mainly because it makes it easier to kill vampires one by one. Also, you may need to rely on it for the Dawnguard Radiant quests. Armor type is more of a personal preference, but Light Armor does make sneaking easier early on. Other than that, the rest is entirely up to you.

J

Jeremius

i was trying to create a witch hunter/anti-magic ranger kind of character, and you guys are arguing over someone else's playstyle?

I created a new character for Dawnguard and decided to be heavy weapons, big swords, axes, hammers and heavy armour type. No magic except for Fast heal and am going to up my archery to Eagle Eye for the zoom in. Level 18 now with him and having fun! ;)

LangeR

Heeya,
It kinda depends on the skills u wanne use like Archery , 2-Handed / Light or Heavy armor

Specialize into one handed and restoration. You're going to need to use light armor if you want to be rogue-like, and I take it you mean sneaking.

Unless you're fighting out in the open, restoration spells aren't going to be of much use to you, though. This is a hard combination to make and use. One of them is a direct combat healer, one of them is pretty much dead in open fights.

That being said, I have a sneaky archer and they joined the Dawnguard, mostly because I wanted to use crossbows instead of bows, and the vampire downsides were extremely obnoxious. I'm going to try to make a battlemage to become a vampire next, because I absolutely hate playing pure mages. I've done the College of Winterhold twice already, and it isn't fun.. I'd die if I had to replay it again.

Jaeger

Vigilant of Stendarr. You and your follower (the Nord male Mage from the colleg; give him steel plate greaves and gauntlets and a mace and he looks the part) goes back to the HQ and find them dead. You hear of the Dawnguard...

Restoration
Alteration
Heavy Armor (shoot for Advance Armor steel plate greaves and gauntlets) - just the bottom one unless you like punching.
One handed mace (though you will start using the axe that came with Dawnguard too)
Smithing
Enchantment
Alchemy up to Benefactor.
Block (mostly with the mace but nice undead destroying shield that came with Dawnguard or only use it going after spell casters ie elemental protection).
Stealth (1/5, muffled movement, backstab)
My old vigilant that got lost on my old tits-up PS3 had destruction (fire) too plus the fire enchant from the enchanting tree. His fire mace F-ed undead up. He bought the destruction; never casted a destruction spell.

Atherial (sp) crown - Lord and Lady
The anti-undead spells.

I haven't started Dawnguard yet with my vigilant (32nd level) but I've never had any problems not wearing a full armor set. He usually dances around and smacks them in the head with the mace.

My old one was an Imperial. Their bonuses are conducive to the vigilant. My current vigilant is a nord. With the 50% cold resist, 30% MR from the Alteration tree, the Lord stone (which also helps not wearing helmet and breastplate), Mara agent...he's pretty anti-magic.

Vengeance always makes a great story.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts